Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,609 members, 7,955,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:31 PM

Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England (813 Views)

Shocking Ways Drugs Have Been Smuggled Across The World's Borders(Photos) / Italy Arrests Nigeria’s ‘Rambo’ For Torturing, Killing Migrants In Libya / Robbers Dug Tunnel To Enter Bank In Akure – Police (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England by okwuvic(m): 5:11pm On Jul 30, 2015
Hundreds of migrants laid siege to the Channel Tunnel for the third night running last night, as they stormed fences and desperately tried to clamber on trains bound for Kent admitting: 'It's England or death'.

David Cameron today blamed the crisis at Calais on the 'swarm of people' crossing the Mediterranean who want to get to Britain and vowed to do 'everything we can' to stop people's holidays been disrupted by the chaos - but experts believe he must wrestle control from the French.

Senior MPs, backed by hauliers, said the British Army should be sent in to restore order because the French authorities had 'lost control' as the Calais illegal immigrant crisis escalated dramatically'.

The deepening crisis has led to 120 French riot police being called up to help the 250 uniformed officers already there but critics say that this is nowhere near enough and believe David Cameron must now send British troops.

Migrants are still easily breaching the 15 mile fence surrounding the Channel Tunnel and jumping on to moving high speed trains or trying to get in or under lorries queuing to get on trains. Outside others will try to clamber on to vehicles heading to the nearby ferry port.

Last night a gang of around 400 migrants stormed the Tunnel perimeter - taking the total to almost 4,000 who got on to the tracks since Monday night - and at least 150 are known to have made it to Britain.

Meanwhile there is mayhem on the British side of the Channel with thousands of lorries backed up in Kent queuing in Operation Stack. For 24 of the past 40 days, the coast-bound side of the M20 has been closed bringing misery to residents, businesses and holidaymakers.

See pictures here: http://www.victornwankpa.com/2015/07/britains-borders-trampled-hundreds-of.html

Re: Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England by christinie(f): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2015

1 Like

Re: Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England by edward1984(m): 7:51pm On Jul 30, 2015
christinie:
Am an American Citizen but the truth is I will never think of staying away from nigeria for more than 2 years. Leave this country for what? There's so much freedom in nigeria I beg, not U.S where being a black folk is a 'crime'. Africans learn to appreciate your motherland.

Why don't you move to Nigeria permanently ? We all love our country but please stop bragging and say things without backing them. We have problems in Nigeria that's the reason people are leaving, What freedom do you have in Nigeria ? what do you mean being black in America is a crime ? do you know how our police in Nigeria kills innocent people? how many times have you been pulled over by the cops in America and they demanded money from you? Talk about crimes ( robberies, kidnaps, rituals ,, name them ) . So please move back to Nigeria permanently, don't go to Nigeria every 2 years, just move back to prove your point.

1 Like

Re: Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England by christinie(f): 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2015

1 Like

Re: Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England by edward1984(m): 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2015
christinie:
brag about what? So being a USA citizen is a big deal huh? Wonder if you know that many people in US are unemployed, many are on welfare packages by the Govt. Say what you know. I live and work in motherland (Nig) and I can tell you am enjoying myself. In US blacks are treated differently from whites and successful black people are usually set up for crimes they know little or nothing about. If you have a good job here you better stay put. My 1 cent advice.

Am not supporting the whites neither the blacks.. truth being said. Do you really see what's going on in Nigeria ? How many graduates are roaming the streets, so you tell me it's safer in Nigeria ?
Re: Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England by christinie(f): 9:13pm On Jul 30, 2015
edward1984:

Am not supporting the white neither the blacks.. truth being said. Do you really see what's going on in Nigeria ? How many graduates are roaming the streets, so you tell me it's safer in Nigeria ?
with God on your side and with the right connections, yes.
Re: Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England by edward1984(m): 9:23pm On Jul 30, 2015
christinie:
with God on your side and with the right connections, yes.

OMG,, right connection ? that's our country, those who have no connection let them suffer and die, Christine, I live in EU for a very long time, Yes there is racism, but still if you respect yourself, stay away from illegal stuff, you are treated well, you know how they define Nigerians ? (fraud, scam artist, thief) think of any bad names that has to do with stealing or drug. you yourself know, i bet you read news all the time about Nigerians caught in Asia for drug or scamming. why ? because our country with her dirty politics where only with the right connection just as your mention will the strong survive, so an innocent boy who spent his life studying but no connection has no future, get beaten by police, pays bribery, no stable electricity, water, e.t.c what do expect of this person? with his first opportunity he leaves the country for a better life.. Well enjoy your life with your connection.
Re: Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England by christinie(f): 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
edward1984:

OMG,, right connection ? that's our country, those who have no connection let them suffer and die, Christine, I live in EU for a very long time, Yes there is racism, but still if you respect yourself, stay away from illegal stuff, you are treated well, you know how they define Nigerians ? (fraud, scam artist, thief) think of any bad names that has to do with stealing or drug. you yourself know, i bet you read news all the time about Nigerians caught in Asia for drug or scamming. why ? because our country with her dirty politics where only with the right connection just as your mention will the strong survive, so an innocent boy who spent his life studying but no connection has no future, get beaten by police, pays bribery, no stable electricity, water, e.t.c what do expect of this person? with his first opportunity he leaves the country for a better life.. Well enjoy your life with your connection.
just leave me alone. Bye.
Re: Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England by edward1984(m): 9:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
christinie:
just leave me alone. Bye.

Yeah , the truth hurts... Bye

1 Like

Re: Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England by sim37(m): 9:50pm On Jul 30, 2015
get there or die trying syndrome

1 Like

Re: Britain’s Borders Trampled: Hundreds Of Migrants Storm Fences To Enter England by Lucasbalo(m): 5:43am On Jul 31, 2015
edward1984:

Why don't you move to Nigeria permanently ? We all love our country but please stop bragging and say things without backing them. We have problems in Nigeria that's the reason people are leaving, What freedom do you have in Nigeria ? what do you mean being black in America is a crime ? do you know how our police in Nigeria kills innocent people? how many times have you been pulled over by the cops in America and they demanded money from you? Talk about crimes ( robberies, kidnaps, rituals ,, name them ) . So please move back to Nigeria permanently, don't go to Nigeria every 2 years, just move back to prove your point.
Thanks for setting her straight.

(1) (Reply)

2 Secondary School Students Burn To Death In Nassarawa / Woman Pours Hot Oil On Pregnant Neighbour Over N900 / Man Bites Off Robber's Ear In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.