Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,475 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode (1570 Views)

PHOTO: President Buhari Arrives Malta / Photo: President Buhari Arrives India / After Buhari's Visit, Walmart Visits Lagos And US Gives $997 To Dangote Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by 360metrosports: 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2015

Gov. Ambode Receives President & C.E.O of Walmart - Europe, Middle East, Africa & Canada at Lagos House, Ikeja

Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State on Thursday, July 30, 2015 received Shelley Broader, President and Chief Executive Officer of Walmart Europe, Middle East, Africa and Canada, at the Lagos House, Ikeja Lagos. Walmart Incorporated is the leading global brand in retail supermarket in the world.

With Walmart presence in Nigeria, the Shoprite and Spar retail chains will face fierce competition that may drive the price of goods downwards.

Broader said that the Group was ready to expand its business horizon and create jobs for the people. ”We are incredibly excited and proud to be in this exciting state of Lagos. Just looking at the burgeoning economy and at the growth in this market is very exciting. Walmart operates around the world in 28 countries and our mission is to lower the cost of living, to help people save and live better”, she said.

Governor Ambode said he was pleased to have the biggest global retail brand in the state. He pledged to give necessary support to assist investors in establishing presence in the state. According to him, the presence of the brand in Lagos will go a long way, not only to create jobs for teeming youths, but also boost the economy of the state.

The governor said it would also help in actualising his vision to make life comfortable for residents. ”That summaries the reason Walmart has to berth in Lagos. We are committed to expanding the business scope for Walmart and like I said, I am interested in having your brand signature in Lagos. You have been pro-people and that is why we find a congress between the objectives of Walmart and Lagos State Government.

”We have a population of over 21 million people and four million of that population is in the middle class. We have a bulging youth that is craving for employment.

”I want to assure that in the area of land permits or authorisation for issues that relate to setting up business, we are committed to make sure that we fast-track and do it as transparent as possible to allow more businesses come to Lagos, ” he added.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/07/photo-president-of-world-biggest.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by MosakuAW(m): 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2015
Foreign investment in Nigeria killing local industries since 1960.

Walmart will kill more businesses just like Shoprites has killed many Supermarkets and departmental stores.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by LoveMachine(m): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2015
Don't let those beasts in. They bring false gifts.

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by Flyoruboy(m): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2015
More competition for Shoprite, and more choices and (hopefully) lower prices for consumers.
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2015
I ghana piss on the head of poster under me..

#bringingouttamapr1ck
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by TRADELYN: 5:56pm On Jul 30, 2015
Fine...

Keep it up @metronaija.com!
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by Splashme: 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2015
OK
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 30, 2015
That's what he know how to do best.. Receive Visitors, Snap with OYINBO, no clearcut definition of his plan.. If u ask him now, he would say, he has work in almost all Local government in Lagos....Aw i Miss My Fashola.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by henchamb(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
good news, if walmart enter igeria , within 2 years they will open branches in not less than 15 states. they are always quick to expand.
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2015
Great..good news for retailers Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, Port Harcourt, Asaba......All hail the KING!

Pick n Pay, Checkers, Shoprite, Spar....CHAIRMAN has arrived Lagos grin
Their footprint would be great ...... shocked
The corruption during Jonathan's time was so much that they could not enter. shocked
Sai Buhari...dividends of CHANGE already coming...
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by JingoOAU(m): 7:15pm On Jul 30, 2015
Tho I love to see more big supermarkets berthing in Nigeria...but am not disposed to the owners who are foreigners

What are people like Otedola, Dangote, adenuga, Jim Ovia, elumelu, dantata,etc looking....why cnt dey also invest in this type of supermarkets
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by dridowu: 7:33pm On Jul 30, 2015
I am so proud to say i belong to Eko Oni Baje Family

Lagos is moving forward
Wailers are Wailing
Lagos is not Just Kidding
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by natas22: 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2015
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by oduastates: 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2015
About time .about time Nigeria especially the SW tapped into the local value chain by ensuring that what can be produced in Nigeria is produced in Nigeria.
Apart from removing the numerous middlemen who provide no value in the chain, it also ensures that local Jobs are available for local youths .
Why does a Nigerian have to pay more than an American or Britfor goods of inferior quality , bought from the same place
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by oduastates: 7:45pm On Jul 30, 2015
JingoOAU:
Tho I love to see more big supermarkets berthing in Nigeria...but am not disposed to the owners who are foreigners

What are people like Otedola, Dangote, adenuga, Jim Ovia, elumelu, dantata,etc looking....why cnt dey also invest in this type of supermarkets

Because they are all rent seekers

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by olillywales(m): 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2015
cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by munchfani: 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2015
Flyoruboy:
More competition for Shoprite, and more choices and (hopefully) lower prices for consumers.
tongue
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by kenedy175(m): 7:01am On Jul 31, 2015
Ambode looks like killer bean. Or is it just me
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by lolaxavier(m): 7:17am On Jul 31, 2015
MosakuAW:

Foreign investment in Nigeria killing local industries since 1960.

Walmart will kill more businesses just like Shoprites has killed many Supermarkets and departmental stores.

It won't kill more businesses, rather it gives room for a competitive market which is what an economy looking to expand needs. A competitive environment also gives room for quality products and improve unemployment as well. People's aspirational needs will also be taken care of especially the buzzing middle class.
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by hamzakito(m): 7:19am On Jul 31, 2015
lagos sweet oo
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by Horlawoomey(m): 7:31am On Jul 31, 2015
Let's see how this goes.
Re: PHOTO: President Of World Biggest Retailer,walmart Visits Gov. Ambode by VaselineJelly: 7:39am On Jul 31, 2015
i luv walmart, hope de r bring fresh strawberry an carrot wit dem smiley

(1) (Reply)

$2.2m Seized Cash: Former NHIS Boss Turns Himself In To EFCC / Shekau Would Have Still Be Alive If Buhari Had Lost 2015 Election / Igbos Are Tired Of Nigeria Unity Because Its Slavery To Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.