Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja (41774 Views)

Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry / PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by kilokeys(m): 3:47am On Jul 31, 2015
I dunno..

I think i am having fun in Abuja..

Like, seriously..

My only grudge is,

Abuja.. Fake pple everywhere.. Class disparity,
Jobs are hard to find, pple dont empathize with u here
accomodation is tough.
Self con in town for abt 400k...
Then.. Most girls are hmm prostitutes.. (they just have different prices) no hanging out for the fun of it
You would think a colleague in the office is nuts when she starts asking you to pay bills ( kilo, what can u do for me?) seriously?

With lagos... The noise, cost of transport, traffic..

Thats all

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by altisimo(m): 4:09am On Jul 31, 2015
If you hate stres, Abuja is d place for you but if you like life to d fullness then Lagos would do. For cheap accommodation in Abuja, go to Chika Village, Airport Road, Byazhin(pronounced Biaji) in Kubwa, Kagini Village, Mararaba - Nyanya, Karu, Gwagwalada etc. You must not live in town but if u must then choose Gishiri, Garki Village or Jabi Village.
Transportation in Abuja is fairly cheap. You can get a drop of N700 from Kubwa to Abuja central Area abt 30km distance. I paid 2k for a yellow taxi from oregun to oba Akran Av in ikeja abt 10km distance. Lagos is sweet. I grew up in Festac. Abuja is cool. I Have lived here for 10yrs now. Make a choice

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by enitey(f): 4:21am On Jul 31, 2015
Looooool.......please,leave Abuja for me o.......Stress in Lagos will make you look older than your age......Abuja is stress-free

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Sparkle777(f): 4:30am On Jul 31, 2015
shadowgwalker:
u dey form yanki or what? Answer the guy well jor.

I be abuja babe, shebi una say we too dey form.
So, take it.
@sparkleboy,who u?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Ricadob(m): 4:43am On Jul 31, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Abj is not a place for struggling people.

@ post everything is correct expect the transportation. Abuja is way cheaper. Taxis go for less than N500 in abj. But in Lagos the same journey will cost you tripple or more.

I lived in lagos for 20 years before moving to abuja.
Been here now since 2001though my house still in lag so I know a thing or two about both places;

Tons of opportunities abound in abuja.
Once installed windows 7 on 5 pcs and made 200k in less than an hour without hustle ( and I'm not even commercially into IT, was just a side hustle.)
Did same job for someone else at 10k each.

Even the mechanics and carpenters make their bar.

All depends on your sense of discerning, networking and clientele.

As for foodstuffs, enter real markets and get unbelievably cheap stuff. Enter dei dei or suleja if you're from kubwa axis, garki market if you're in central area/garki and my people in nyanya can definitely find their way to the many affordable markets there.

Transport is cheap. Way cheaper than lag.

A good social life both indoor and outdoor abound.

It's true that there's not much of a camaraderie spirit in abuja tho especially in high brow areas. I missed that when I first got here.

THE PROBLEM WITH ABUJA PEOPLE IS THAT A LOT OF THEM PRETEND TO LIVE A LIFE THEY CANT AFFORD.
SHOPPING IN MALLS AND CLUBBING WHERE ORIGIN IS 3500-4000 MEANWHILE THERE ARE PLACES THAT SELL 300 JUST TO IMPRESS GIRLS THAT LIVE IN PLACES THAT EVEN BIKES DONT GO.

BE YOURSELF!!!!!!!
CUT YOUR COAT ACCORDING TO YOUR CLOAK!!!!
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by bakynes(m): 5:06am On Jul 31, 2015
Some of you complain of traffic in Lagos, that is simply because everyone wants to live and make money in lagos. The amount of buses coming into Lagos bringing people from all parts of Nigeria is alarming, what of the Int'l airport people coming into Nigeria come through Lagos, goods from the ports and so on and so forth. If it's Flood the magnitude of rainfall in Lagos is far bigger (due to its closeness to the Atlantic)than that of hot Abuja a Northern city. If Abuja has the kind of opportunities to make it like Lagos, Abuja will get overpopulated and b worse of than Lagos. People see Lagos as a land of opportunities that's why they troop in daily. During December period, when mostly igbos and other tribes leave to their home towns and villages come to Lagos and see how serene it gets, less traffic, noise etc. so please don't complain, Lagos is a rallying point of all Nigerians, if not it won't be that stressful. Lagos is known for its hotels, beaches and Porsche restaurants you can't get that in Abuja so both has its advantages and disadvantages.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by crackhouse(m): 5:20am On Jul 31, 2015
siraj1402:
Oga,the cost of transport is also cheap in abuja,even cheaper that Lagos. Imagine from Gwagwalada to secretariat for N200?That's about 55km. Will that be possible in Lagos?Or what will you say about the road network. Can you be living at Ibafo and working at VI and leave your house about 7:30am to resume work by 8am?whereas in Abuja it is possible because of road network.
that's the sure-p bus, what abt others?
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 5:25am On Jul 31, 2015
Don't mind the suffer heads jare. Is it the same Lagos I served and worked in for 6 years? I lived in Surulere and worked in AIB plaza, V.I. yet life was pretty terrible. Come to Abuja and you will know that most of those points are invalid. How can you even compare the cost of transportation in Abuja with Lagos? For the same distance I pay #500 for Abuja, I pay not less than #2k in Lagos. angry angry

NifemiOlu:
Lagos indeed. Going from Ikoyi to Ajah in February, spent 7 hrs in traffic. Good Lagos, indeed, good.
In 7hrs, I would have gone to Ibadan twice and returned.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by mekybabe1: 5:30am On Jul 31, 2015
I totally agree but the only wahala for Lag na the traffic congestion.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Rexyl(m): 5:52am On Jul 31, 2015
eko for show... abuja catching up with the fun. both are nice places for adventure.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 31, 2015
I am sure your definition of dryness is lack of agbero noise, air pollution from molues and hoodlums holding people to ransom at random.
Abuja is the best and safest place to live in Nigeria and believe me, I worked in Lagos and PH for many years before moving to Abuja. angry

fzero:

Abuja is dry as hell where people live fake lives.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 31, 2015
Always lagos
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by fzero: 6:23am On Jul 31, 2015
DrHazard:
I am sure your definition of dryness is lack of agbero noise, air pollution from molues and hoodlums holding people to ransom at random.
Abuja is the best and safest place to live in Nigeria and believe me, I worked in Lagos and PH for many years before moving to Abuja. angry

Safe place with sequential bomb blast undecided if that's ur definition of safe.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by fzero: 6:25am On Jul 31, 2015
kilokeys:
I dunno..

I think i am having fun in Abuja..

Like, seriously..

My only grudge is,

Abuja.. Fake pple everywhere.. Class disparity,
Jobs are hard to find, pple dont empathize with u here
Then accomodation..

With lagos... The noise, cost of transport, traffic..

Thats all
Thank you. Very fake people everywhere.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by LushGreenz: 6:27am On Jul 31, 2015
charix:
I didn't read this. All I skimmed through was "blah, blah, blah". Abuja is miles ahead of Lagos. Trust me, I've lived in both.

Kindly state just 5 reasons bro. I've been pondering.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by kayfunky(m): 6:28am On Jul 31, 2015
When you spend six months in Abuja and get back to Lagos, you will think you are in a war front, and who told you you cant make it in Abuja all the celebrities you know are trying to get accommodation in Abuja too so don't tell they don't want a place they can drive their flashy cars with out stress.
Driving out =============stress,
Sleeping in the night ======= Stress gen all the time
road network ============Stress
Robbery================Stress grin tongue lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 31, 2015
Feranchek:

MinE is 3 months....
Ok.

I no fit. i wont want a situation my rent will expire, i will be running helter skelter looking for money.

Even if is a mud house that the two months can only provide, i will gladly stay there.

The rest 10months salary will go into other tins abeg.

Btw, gdmorn to u.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:38am On Jul 31, 2015
Na true fact be diz one. Lag beta pass abj wella.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 6:53am On Jul 31, 2015
Bollove:
I hate Lagos ..... Abuja , home of bigboys and gals.

Lagosians always claim Abuja is boring because they are used to the noise and other hullabaloo but when they visit Abuja and spend some weeks away from Lagos madness, they will never wanna go back.

I love Abuja because of her serene environment and it ain't a place for laziness.....
You said it all dear.

Dont mind that op.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by moststylish(m): 6:57am On Jul 31, 2015
missbronze:
,Not true

If u stay in Lagos, and happen to have a taste of Abuja small, believe me, u will never want to go back to ,Lagos.

What can be better than living a less stressful life and yet, making your cool dough.

Everything about Lagos, is just stress.

Going to work-- stress.
Going to church-- stress.
Going to have fun-- stress.
Even, to enjoy your the money,-- stress too.

What is good about a city of madness, being held in traffic for hours. staying in d office till 10pm in order to beat traffic, and having to wake up 3am to also beat traffic.

And, fyi, accommodation is affordable in Abuja. it depends on where u want to say. Dont stay in a house ur only two months salary cannot pay for..(that's my rule). (We didn't come to Abuja for landlords abeg.)

Abuja is the city of big boys and gals.
HMMM those jeans,nice
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by coleon(m): 7:10am On Jul 31, 2015
hedonistic:
And in terms of cost of living, Abuja is generally cheaper (transport, etc), with the exception of accommodation and maybe services (mechanics, phone repairers and such). Security is much better in Abuja too, partly because of the controlled population in the main city - largely due to the exorbitant accommodation costs. Without meaning to sound insensitive, it is probably a good idea for things to remain this way.

I dread the day that Abuja would become an all-comers affair - with all the criminal elements and other undesirable characters trooping in to make this city less safe and less livable than it currently is. Population explosion must be discouraged here by any means necessary. Abuja should not be allowed to decline to the level of Lagos were robbers, area boys, street gangs, cultists, and all categories of animals are on rampage in virtually every corner. If artificially high house rents is the way to keep these nuisances out of the city, then so be it.
Bro u are wrong,the only reason Abuja is still enjoying civility and serenity is because it's still a young city and it's not private sector driven.
In no time it's bound to explode and trust me agberos and thugs don't have to stay in the expensive houses u mentioned because they will hv under the bridges and motor parks to sleep.So just be prepared for when it will happen.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Whizkay(m): 7:24am On Jul 31, 2015
Which is better depends on what works for you personally...but long time lagosians always appreciate abj whenever they visit and same goes with peeps in abj whenever they visit Lagos
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by ZianaJordana(f): 7:28am On Jul 31, 2015
Lagos is more well-known here in the UK. A lot of people think Lagos is the capital. I think I prefer Lagos as it has more character, if you get my drift.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by phantom(m): 8:07am On Jul 31, 2015
I rep PH..........a perfect cross between lagos and abuja! wink grin

The only annoying thing about PH is the High cost of living.

PH fun is sick! Even Lagos Boys dey confirm.
PH security is better than Lag's
Job opportunities are less than lagos but more than abujas (for starters o!)
PH traffic is better than lags though worse than abujas
accomodation is cheaper than abuja but more expensive than lagos.

The day i left my Hotel Room in festac by 4:30am for an exam at ijanikin only to See little Kids on their way to school dozing off in buses,was the day it dawned on me lagos was HELL. No wonder my in -laws Call me regularly complaining of One health issue or the other(people in their 50's o!!)

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 31, 2015
no.2 is like a lost dog,wrong call.
no matter the reasons I can't live in Lagos

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by lonelydora: 8:12am On Jul 31, 2015
missbronze:
,Not true

If u stay in Lagos, and happen to have a taste of Abuja small, believe me, u will never want to go back to ,Lagos.

What can be better than living a less stressful life and yet, making your cool dough.

Everything about Lagos, is just stress.

Going to work-- stress.
Going to church-- stress.
Going to have fun-- stress.
Even, to enjoy your the money,-- stress too.

What is good about a city of madness, being held in traffic for hours. staying in d office till 10pm in order to beat traffic, and having to wake up 3am to also beat traffic.

And, fyi, accommodation is affordable in Abuja. it depends on where u want to say. Dont stay in a house ur only two months salary cannot pay for..(that's my rule). (We didn't come to Abuja for landlords abeg.)

Abuja is the city of big boys and gals.

Nice talk. Person wey no get money na him dey talk say Stout dey bitter. Abeg, where for ABJ you dey jare?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by saggat2(m): 8:17am On Jul 31, 2015
I disagree on cheap transportation. Taxi fares in Lagos is way more expensive in Lagos than Abuja. The cheapest taxi fare one pays in Lagos is #1500 while abuja is #300. Lagos taxis are rip offs

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Arcard(m): 8:21am On Jul 31, 2015
Abuja is cool but any time i cm visit my sis i always cry of boredom, u fit stay for street u no go c ur neighbour or people, abuja dy like enugu fo calmness nd al to cm buh abuja go mk u rich in no tym if u ar smart(legally)

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by DaPhilosopher(m): 8:29am On Jul 31, 2015
Yinmu! Is dere 70k room self con. in Lag? Keep dreaming!

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 31, 2015
moststylish:
HMMM those jeans,nice
Thanks dear. the moststylish himself.
Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 31, 2015
lonelydora:

Nice talk. Person wey no get money na him dey talk say Stout dey bitter. Abeg, where for ABJ you dey jare?
cheesy.

But, seriously stout is bitter. I cnt imagine myself spending my money on something bitter.

I stay in Lugbe.

u?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why Lagos Is Better Than Abuja by ekiloui(f): 8:54am On Jul 31, 2015
That dirty Lagos?

Obviously OP hasn't lived in both cities.

I've lived in both and I can testify that Lagos can't be compared to Abuja. I can't even imagine living in lag ever again. Last time I visited Lagos I left 2 days later, I couldn't deal with the dirt and traffic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Truck Plunges Into Epe River In Lagos, 2 Corpses Recovered / Caption It .. As Seen In Lagos Yesterday (photo) / Drive-through Pictures Of SPACEX Engineering Complex, In California, US.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.