Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,255 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death (52332 Views)

Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) / Real Reason Olori Wuraola Moved Out Of Ooni‘s Palace - ThisDayLive / Ife Chiefs Announce Ooni’s Death Formally (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by tete7000(m): 10:28am On Jul 31, 2015
If a man is dead and we deny he hasn't died, are we not deluding ourselves? Basically lying to ourselves. Maybe there are aspects of this tradition that needs modification. Culture itself should change to accomodate changes as time progresses. It needs not be static and delusory. Oni as far as the world is concerned is already dead. He died in an hospital in London!
There was no way some of his ancestor would have sought medical help abroad talkless of dying there. This is part of how civilisation has changed the way our kings live.
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by EKITI001: 10:30am On Jul 31, 2015
obayaya:

The Alara referred to in this article is it the Alara of Ara in Osun state?

NOPE .. THE ALARA OF ARAMOKO EKITI
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by absoluteSuccess: 10:31am On Jul 31, 2015
Ilaje44:

He said you're brainwashed, and indeed you're. Who and who will be the judges at the judgement day? What are the legal criteria to scale through that judgement? What makes you certain that you will scale through, and the person that is worshipping the Gods of his ancestors will not? What day is that going to be? What is the judge still waiting for? In a matter of uncertainty, it is better to apply reason appropriately.
Your faith is nested in your faith. Thats like habouring the totality of everything. Ojo atisun l'ebo. 'The day one dies, reckoning' If so, who do we reckon to on the day we die according to Yoruba tradition?
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by tete7000(m): 10:31am On Jul 31, 2015
ephi123:
Each country has its traditions and is free to continue if they wish too.

When Prince William's son, George, was born in 2013 - the customary formal bulletin announcing the royal birth was displayed on an easel outside Buckingham Palace even though obviously the news had broken on twitter and other social media.
I don't think his birth was disputed, only announced through a traditional means. What I disagree with Oni's case is that his death is being denied. Do you believe he is still alive?
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by Mbediogu(m): 10:37am On Jul 31, 2015
[quote author=EKITI001
No doubt about the rich culture of our Yoruba brothers. It is undisputed. I offer my greetings across the Niger from Land of the Rising Sun. . .
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by osec007(m): 10:39am On Jul 31, 2015
I respect tradition ,no matter d tribe #proudly African
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by Sanguine77(m): 10:40am On Jul 31, 2015
EKITI001:

SOURCE: http://nairanaijanews..com/2015/07/meet-oore-of-mobaland-only-person-and.html

Ok. He should tell us if the Ooni is still alive or not.
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by ibedun: 10:42am On Jul 31, 2015
seunmsg:

Your ancestors deceived you but you believed the oyinbo bullcrap of a judgement day where billions of people will be tosed to everlasting burning in a lake of fire and another set will go to heaven and be doing baba ke pe. Which is more logical to you? You people better start using your senses.

Good response to that KING OF DULLARDS believe in their stupid 'holy' script book
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by obayaya(m): 10:43am On Jul 31, 2015
EKITI001:

NOPE .. THE ALARA OF ARAMOKO EKITI
ok
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by ibedun: 10:45am On Jul 31, 2015
iamrealdeji:
Mtchew,the ancient gods that would tell a king to sacrifice virgins,women or travelers for the town to be at peace,the one that would tell people to sacrifice humanbeing for money or power,tell me,even your brains should tell you that this is just plain wickedness,the one God would never tell you all that

I think you are sick in the head. I live in the city where your so called holy script was jumbled together by self-serving white people whose evil knows no bound. Better wash off all those nonsense you read from that contradictory and so unholy yeye book. Enough said!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by iamrealdeji(m): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2015
ibedun:

I think you are sick in the head. I live in the city where your so called holy script was jumbled together by self-serving white people whose evil knows no bound. Better wash off all those nonsense you read from that contradictory and so unholy yeye book. Enough said!
well,you're dissing christians,you're not dissing me cos i'm not a christian,who told you to start insulting christians? Bigot

1 Like

Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by klax(m): 10:56am On Jul 31, 2015
I love this post I have to saved it in my drive I love this race called The Yoruba a lot though I'm not from their I just love them for their pride in their culture, their ability to unite as one till date, their ability to always stand by what they believe in, their educational vibrancy it's awesome and above all they are the most accommodating of all race or tribe in Nigeria take it or leave it fact remains fact I don't care how anyone feels about that, I so respect them.

I just love people who trace their origin, show facts to proof it, wrote literature about their origin as a matter of fact I love this people that is it nothing can change that.

Anyway RIP the Ooni.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by odave: 11:06am On Jul 31, 2015
crystalm2o:
Get your sure games and have total win on all the games in sport betting, to get winning like in the screenshot below with fixed games, contact me via inbox by clicking on the link below

https://m.facebook.com/martin.crystal.14?ref_component=mbasic_home_header&ref_page=%2Fwap%2Fhome.php&refid=7

Why is it that its this same nairabet snapshot/photoshop pics all u are using? Only a smart person can scam not for d lazy dull ones. Same person with different monicker. Smh for tthose that will fall into ur trap. All you need do is rip them off and block them on ur fb page, simple!

I don't mind doing business wt u tho, we'll b together in a public place with ur money wt me, 40k right? You will give me ur 'games' I will stake and wait for d result before paying you...how abt that grin
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2015
ladyF:
Hmmm

hehehe It's [size=20pt]LadyF [/size] again grin grin grin

MTCHEEW U RE A SUPER MOD!!!

#YOLO
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by Classicool(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2015
Cool..... Omo Yoruba ni mi o SWAGGER
But wait this relevant ooo...
See Oba,Benin for there... When One Mumu Biafra citizen attacked me 2 months ago that Yoruba and Benin don't have cultural ties... I just laughed at him.... Hope the mumu guy dey online to come see this post.... Wetin his name be gan... I think it Italo.

2 Likes

Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by ephi123(f): 11:17am On Jul 31, 2015
tete7000:

I don't think his birth was disputed, only announced through a traditional means. What I disagree with Oni's case is that his death is being denied. Do you believe he is still alive?

To be honest, I don't know whether he is alive or not. My post was referring to those saying tradition is irrelevant in announcing the death formally (if indeed he is dead).
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:28am On Jul 31, 2015
iamrealdeji:
lmao,he becomes a god? So there is no judgement for him since he's now a god? Haba,no wonder why they turn to idol worshipers sacrificing anything thinking they'd become gods when they die. Some of our yoruba ancestors don deceive us chai. This traditional bs need to be abolished. In this 21st century,some people are still thinking they'd become gods?

You fool! everyone has a soul/spirit. After the Gods, come the Rulers on Earth (the King) -1st among equals whose duty iw to guide the ppl and serve them in the material realm. (in an ideal situation).

The Soul turns into spirit. the difference between these Obas spirits and the Gods (nature/spiritual forces) is evident. you wont see temples constructed to these Kings as youd see to the Orisha (Gods).

derz no such tin as judgement day. Only good Karma and bad Karma.

2 Likes

Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:30am On Jul 31, 2015
iamrealdeji:
well,you're dissing christians,you're not dissing me cos i'm not a christian,who told you to start insulting christians? Bigot

you are a mugu serving Arabian Moon God.

blak man lyk u wont get 72 virgin. forget it.

3 Likes

Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by gbemi15: 11:51am On Jul 31, 2015
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by 9jatatafo(m): 11:59am On Jul 31, 2015
juman:

The king traveled to hospital abroad because he and people of his generation failed to build a sensible country here.

A failed generation of people.

It shows also that the king don't even have trust in his group of magicians and traditional rulers. Suddenly we have lost trust in our culture. It is a shame!!!!
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by 9jatatafo(m): 12:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
lexy2014:
U made a point there bros

It shows also that the king don't even have trust in his group of magicians and traditional rulers. Suddenly we have lost trust in our culture. It is a shame!!!!
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by kgr8mike(m): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2015
Before the man will understand what is happening, Nairaland go don break the news.
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by lexy2014: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
9jatatafo:

Its true. I don't no y d ooni didn't take agbo. Since d king didn't trust d traditional medical institutions, its funny his chiefs are telling us they have 2 follow tradition b4 announcing his demise. Well, maybe they are trying 2 preserve whatever they can. Bros there's 2 much enjoyment in d palace 2day. It will b difficult 4 any oba 2 stick 2d old ways
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by blackboy2star(m): 12:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
@ dis modern age of technology. Town crier sef dey use twitter, fb, nairaland to pass message lol grin
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by Greatzeus(m): 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2015
Tell me why we dying to live if we are living to die--The Game
Life's a bit** cos you never know when you gonna go--Nas
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by 9jatatafo(m): 1:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
lexy2014:
Its true. I don't no y d ooni didn't take agbo. Since d king didn't trust d traditional medical institutions, its funny his chiefs are telling us they have 2 follow tradition b4 announcing his demise. Well, maybe they are trying 2 preserve whatever they can. Bros there's 2 much enjoyment in d palace 2day. It will b difficult 4 any oba 2 stick 2d old ways

The truth of the matter is that we have traditional heads who trade pleasure for culture and tradition. In those days there was enjoyment for kings as well and kings then upheld the culture and tradition above every other thing unlike today where Obas get involved in publicity like celebrity. Take a look at the Aalafin of Oyo for example. In a nutshell the obas who are custodians of our culture and tradition don't even believe in it anymore. That is why we see the subjects behaving contrary to the tradition ways of life.
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by iamrealdeji(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
PAGAN9JA:

You fool! everyone has a soul/spirit. After the Gods, come the Rulers on Earth (the King) -1st among equals whose duty iw to guide the ppl and serve them in the material realm. (in an ideal situation).

The Soul turns into spirit. the difference between these Obas spirits and the Gods (nature/spiritual forces) is evident. you wont see temples constructed to these Kings as youd see to the Orisha (Gods).

derz no such tin as judgement day. Only good Karma and bad Karma.
Clap for yourself,I used to come across your moniker and used to think you just call yourself a pagan for fun,i never knew you're a true pagan. My question is that is it your gods that said you should be sacrificing virgins,killing innocent children and travelers to make your town peaceful,or sacrificing humans for money rituals? What type of gods would instruct his people to do such? And you said there is good and bad karma? That one is just lie,some people do somethings and get away with them in this world but won't escape them on the day of judgment. Judgment day is like you plucking mango,of course,when you bite and eat the mango,its dead,but you throw the seed on the ground and the seed continues its life and becomes a huge mango tree again. But it takes a very long time. Humans die and continues living in the afterlife again
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
huh
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by Olofintoto(m): 3:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
Tolexander:
finally, the king is ku!
u ar 4nny. No mind dem jae, person wey don die.
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by IYANGBALI: 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
If dem like make dem no announce his death,na dem sabi,all I know be say I no dey go that area until the man is buried
Re: Oore Of Mobaland: Only Person Who's Qualified To Break The News Of Ooni's Death by fizzy94(m): 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
Too long to read.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

(pictures) When Last Did You Make Use Of This? / Buhari’s Son, Yusuf Bags Traditional Title In Daura / Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.