Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos (3977 Views)

Northern Agenda And Why Abuja Airport Should Be Shut Down / 14 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos / 10 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by wheesin(m): 12:16am On Jul 31, 2015
1) Endless Job Opportunities: Its a fact and not just a rumor, the opportunities of employment in the country's capital is boundless with a small niche of unemployed people. Ministries,commissions, companies e.t.c are all sources of Abuja's employment. smiley

2) A Serene Environment: Unlike Lagos, Abuja especially the FCT has a very nice and serene surrounding,with the fusion of mountainous landscapes and modern infrastructures, the city is always a good sight to look at.

3) Mega Infrastructures : Abuja is a mega city, in terms of population, Lagos might be the giant, but in terms of infrastructural development, the capital is totally topnotch. Schools,hospitals,parks, state of the art buildings etc , they are all here in the nations bedrock.

4) Lesser Crime Rates : Unlike Lagos where you keep you life in a padlocked box for safety, cheesy Abuja is less dangerous. You may encounter increasing rates of armed robbery, pickpockets, ritualists,accidents undecided etc. Abuja has lesser crime rates due to the evergreen presence of security agents 24/7 round the clock.

5) Less Congested : If you stay in Lagos, you should know what i am talking about. The traffic situation could make you regret not being a witch so you could fly to your destination grin . In Abuja ,infrastructures like numerous overhead bridges and well planned road designs have been able to reduce traffic to the nearest minimum.

6) A Perfect Location For The middle Class : After your years of hustling to get to the middle class, Abuja is your next location to continue your climb on the societal ladder. In Abuja it doesn't take long to reach the peak of the society, as long as you follow the trend.

7) Cheaper Transportation : If you think Lagos's transportation system is cheaper than Abuja, i think you should come see it for yourselves. In lagos you have BRT buses, in Abuja we have El Rufai buses that are numerous and can take you round town all just for cheap prices, not expensive at all.

cool Tourism and social life is always on standby : Abuja is a valuable tourist centre. Its social life is always on standby,its all left for you to tap into it and access it. You seriously dont have to be rich. The millennium Park,wonderland Amusement Park, Jabi lakeside,Gurara falls, Aso rock are all places to have fun.

9) Closer to the Nations seat of Power : I don't have to explain the extraordinary feeling of staying close to power. cheesy

10) The People are warm and welcoming : The capital is a mixture of almost all tribes in Nigeria.Upon all of these circumstances, no tribe has ever threaten another tribe. Abuja people are seriously welcoming, Unlike the incident in lagos where the igbos were asked to leave the state. angry

11) The Babes are One of a kind cheesy : I dont need to explain this one.

grin cc disguy , justwise, lalasticlala, seun

Thank you..

3 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by manee2(m): 12:19am On Jul 31, 2015
As i knew the will be counter thread, now 11._ go to court and drag it!!
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by wheesin(m): 12:21am On Jul 31, 2015
manee2:
As i knew the will be counter thread, now 11._ go to court and drag it!!

lol..nairaland NA MY COURT
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by playboy99(m): 12:25am On Jul 31, 2015
EKO o ni baje, u forgot to put number 12 they prone to boko boys visiting dem #ACE

4 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by VickyRotex(f): 12:27am On Jul 31, 2015
Orishirishi... Counter thread leleyi.

Kinda true tho. Bur not all.

Especially the traffic, Oh it has reduced so well, I must say. cool Unlike 2 to 3 years ago.

Ehmmm Op, the Gurara fall that I know, and I've visited is in Niger State tho, about 1 and a half hours drive from Abuja.

Or is there any other one in Abuja?
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by Teeboy22(m): 12:28am On Jul 31, 2015
Gud
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by barnacle: 12:44am On Jul 31, 2015
if you ve lived in lagos, you can survive anywhere. expecting soon a thousand ways to die in Eko.
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by shollyboy2: 12:44am On Jul 31, 2015
Dont forget to Add BOKO HARAM visit ABuja occasionally......

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by Bekwarra(m): 12:48am On Jul 31, 2015
Oga o
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by wheesin(m): 12:55am On Jul 31, 2015
VickyRotex:
Orishirishi... Counter thread leleyi.

Kinda true tho. Bur not all.

Especially the traffic, Oh it has reduced so well, I must say. cool Unlike 2 to 3 years ago.

Ehmmm Op, the Gurara fall that I know, and I've visited is in Niger State tho, about 1 and a half hours drive from Abuja.

Or is there any other one in Abuja?

true its abt an hour drive from suleja to minna, its still considered part of abujas heritage...google is never an enemy you know smiley
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by rildwanullahi(m): 1:03am On Jul 31, 2015
Response
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by VickyRotex(f): 1:03am On Jul 31, 2015
wheesin:

true its abt an hour drive from suleja to minna, its still considered part of abujas heritage...google is never an enemy you know smiley

From Google Bro!!! undecided

Note the word an hour drive ""From"" Abuja

Let's just say it's the same popular belief that Mararaba, Kurudu, Jikwoyi and other neighbouring towns in Nasarawa states are in Abuja.

Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by wheesin(m): 1:35am On Jul 31, 2015
VickyRotex:

Let's just say it's the same popular belief that Mararaba, Kurudu, Jikwoyi and other neighbouring towns in Nasarawa states are in Abuja.

thats how we see it...even nyanyan is sometimes considered an outskirt,while some people call it part of abuja. I understand you, i know you get what i am trying to say.
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by VickyRotex(f): 1:36am On Jul 31, 2015
wheesin:

thats how we see it...even nyanyan is sometimes considered an outskirt,while some people call it part of abuja. I understand you, i know you get what i am trying to say.

Sure! I get you perfectly!
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by Nobody: 1:49am On Jul 31, 2015
Please what's Abuja and Lagos?...dollars or pounds?
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by Dygeasy(m): 6:26am On Jul 31, 2015
Have you even been to Lagos before?

Job opportunities? Mega Infrastructures? You're kidding right? Strike out those two and let's have "9 reasons Abuja is better than Lagos".
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by khassy(m): 6:39am On Jul 31, 2015
wheesin:
This a counter thread to emmatdayo 's Lagos thread. wink grin

1) Endless Job Opportunities: Its a fact and not just a rumor, the opportunities of employment in the country's capital is boundless with a small niche of unemployed people. Ministries,commissions, companies e.t.c are all sources of Abuja's employment. smiley

2) A Serene Environment: Unlike Lagos, Abuja especially the FCT has a very nice and serene surrounding,with the fusion of mountainous landscapes and modern infrastructures, the city is always a good sight to look at.

3) Mega Infrastructures : Abuja is a mega city, in terms of population, Lagos might be the giant, but in terms of infrastructural development, the capital is totally topnotch. Schools,hospitals,parks, state of the art buildings etc , they are all here in the nations bedrock.

4) Lesser Crime Rates : Unlike Lagos where you keep you life in a padlocked box for safety, cheesy Abuja is less dangerous. You may encounter increasing rates of armed robbery, pickpockets, ritualists,accidents undecided etc. Abuja has lesser crime rates due to the evergreen presence of security agents 24/7 round the clock.

5) Less Congested : If you stay in Lagos, you should know what i am talking about. The traffic situation could make you regret not being a witch so you could fly to your destination grin . In Abuja ,infrastructures like numerous overhead bridges and well planned road designs have been able to reduce traffic to the nearest minimum.

6) A Perfect Location For The middle Class : After your years of hustling to get to the middle class, Abuja is your next location to continue your climb on the societal ladder. In Abuja it doesn't take long to reach the peak of the society, as long as you follow the trend.

7) Cheaper Transportation : If you think Lagos's transportation system is cheaper than Abuja, i think you should come see it for yourselves. In lagos you have BRT buses, in Abuja we have El Rufai buses that are numerous and can take you round town all just for cheap prices, not expensive at all.

cool Tourism and social life is always on standby : Abuja is a valuable tourist centre. Its social life is always on standby,its all left for you to tap into it and access it. You seriously dont have to be rich. The millennium Park,wonderland Amusement Park, Jabi lakeside,Gurara falls, Aso rock are all places to have fun.

9) Closer to the Nations seat of Power : I don't have to explain the extraordinary feeling of staying close to power. cheesy

10) The People are warm and welcoming : The capital is a mixture of almost all tribes in Nigeria.Upon all of these circumstances, no tribe has ever threaten another tribe. Abuja people are seriously welcoming, Unlike the incident in lagos where the igbos were asked to leave the state. angry

11) The Babes are One of a kind cheesy : I dont need to explain this one.

Thank you..ese
you forgot to add Hold up when presido d pass

BTW Abuja olosho classy pass all those yeye lag beggary looking oloshos undecidedundecided

strolls from thread to Wuse Zone4 cool

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by wheesin(m): 8:07am On Jul 31, 2015
Dygeasy:
Have you even been to Lagos before?

Job opportunities? Mega Infrastructures? You're kidding right? Strike out those two and let's have "9 reasons Abuja is better than Lagos".

gerara hia men angry ..wetin you sabi
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by Dygeasy(m): 9:19am On Jul 31, 2015
wheesin:

gerara hia men angry ..wetin you sabi
Murrfucker!
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by 4stylz: 12:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
Abuja is cool but without serious planning; you will suffer like goat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by Flyoruboy(m): 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
Both Lagos and Abuja are two different beasts that have their strengths and weaknesses. I simply love both.

Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by Anazp: 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
VickyRotex:

i too know. kurudu is in abuja fct. Kurudu is a populated place
in Abuja Federal Capital Territory, Nigeria , Africa.
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by alaoeri: 12:08am On Aug 01, 2015
Which kind of fun is in ABJ that will surpasses that of Lasgidi? undecided ABJ a boring capital.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by Yungmilio2(m): 3:18pm On Aug 01, 2015
4stylz:
Abuja is cool but without serious planning; you will suffer like goat
EXACTLYYYYYYYYYYY
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by Yungmilio2(m): 3:21pm On Aug 01, 2015
alaoeri:
Which kind of fun is in ABJ that will surpasses that of Lasgidi? undecided ABJ a boring capital.
Abuja be like UK - everything just makesense
Lagos be like USA - the social life n hustle nah dieeee
btw abj isnt a boring place
if u get money u go enjoy am - lots of place to tour
if u no get money e go dey boring for u
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by onila(f): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2015
LAGOS STUDENTS ARE VERY BRIGHT!
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by Fireson: 9:53pm On Dec 16, 2015
Abuja a monotonous zone!! God forbid angry
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by londoner: 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2015
Abuja all the way.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by johnime: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2017
Am thinking Abuja!
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by lovethchioma(f): 9:05am On Apr 20, 2017
onila:
LAGOS STUDENTS ARE VERY BRIGHT!
how did you come to this conclusion?
Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by lovethchioma(f): 9:08am On Apr 20, 2017
I have lived in these two cities... They both have their peculiarities.
But I'll pick Abuja over Lagos anytime, anyday.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons Why Abuja Is Better Than Lagos by johnime: 9:35am On Apr 20, 2017
lovethchioma:
I have lived in these two cities... They both have their peculiarities.
But I'll pick Abuja over Lagos anytime, anyday.
what will u advise someone that wants to relocate to abj.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BRAZIL Study Visa / Overcoming Loneliness: I'm In New Zealand / Study In Finland (detailed)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.