Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. (21980 Views)

7 Ways You Waste Your Salary Without Knowing / The Hard Truth About Your Salary / When Your NYSC Alawee Is More Than Your Salary (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. by odobe007(m): 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
Amethyst1:
You get motor?
NO but I get car
Re: Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. by firfinch(m): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
Amethyst1:
Honestly, this forum is da bomb! Why haven't I discovered it before now? I guess I'm addicted now!
Its a positive addiction, get enlightened, stay informed, and have fun. U never can be bored with nairaland. But remember to get your priorities right.
Re: Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. by iyisco2001(m): 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
Amethyst1:
And it has! Within a space of 1hour,I've received about 10 emails. Hian!
I told you so cheesy, welcome aboard.
Re: Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. by emmanator(m): 8:40pm On Jul 31, 2015
d problem in my beloved country is increments in rents,foodstuff,transportation etc.but salaries remains d same .gud concept abt saving but almost impossible 2 apply just pray u get 2 DAT level wer u can make a giving and not just a living.

1 Like

Re: Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. by Kereokwu(f): 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
Nice write up , but d issue is after d savings no meaningful investment. My friend is currently on treasury bills of 500,000naira for 3months at 12,450naira interest. I also know dat fixed deposit is not better.
Pls what geniue ways can we let our money work for us?

2 Likes

Re: Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. by Godmother(f): 11:47am On Aug 02, 2015
Amethyst1:
The only thing money has taught me is that; 'You think modestly and brilliantly before you get paid, but once you're paid, then, it's a different ball game'

[b]Wow! My first day on nairaland and I'm making front page! [/b]Wana dedicate this achievement to that toaster of mine who directed me to this site as a way of curing my boredom. I may probably give your proposal a consideration.

if you already know about making front page on nairaland, then this is clearly not your first day here grin

1 Like

Re: Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. by simtosul: 10:58pm On Feb 28, 2016
naijainfogalery:
If you are thinking of saving in Nigeria you are on your own, from experience, something will always come up. So to save

1. Invest 50% of your salary monthly in something you cant convert to cash easily - Buying properties etc
2. Do a direct debit to an account that you cant access, no deposit slip, no cheque , no ATM (dont bother asking for it) then do an automatic transfer of 10% of your salary monthly
3. Also do a savings with an insurance firm that u can only access after one year 10% of your money
4. keep another 10% for small small investment
5. Then blow the rest with all alacrity, trust me with the remaining change you will learn to spend wisely by force by fire
Thanks u r so on point
Re: Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. by CrazyMan(m): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2020
naijainfogalery:
If you are thinking of saving in Nigeria you are on your own, from experience, something will always come up. So to save

1. Invest 50% of your salary monthly in something you cant convert to cash easily - Buying properties etc
2. Do a direct debit to an account that you cant access, no deposit slip, no cheque , no ATM (dont bother asking for it) then do an automatic transfer of 10% of your salary monthly
3. Also do a savings with an insurance firm that u can only access after one year 10% of your money
4. keep another 10% for small small investment
5. Then blow the rest with all alacrity, trust me with the remaining change you will learn to spend wisely by force by fire
Well said
Re: Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. by MrHighSea: 5:20am On Jan 19, 2020
I think before the salary comes make the budget. Prior Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance.
Do not depend solely on your salary....have other streams of income.
Success have many foster parents, failure is an orphan.

A gateman built a house with his mearge salary while a low level manager retired with nothing to show for it.

A friend currently in Abuja earning 45k as a contract staff was able to buy and build a house although not the kind he would have wished, the brother is a house owner while those that earn 135k can't even boast of 1.5m savings yearly.
90% savings frm 135k.
Abah, d peson no go chop n tp?
Re: Four Ways To Get The Best Of Your Salary. by MrHighSea: 5:21am On Jan 19, 2020
pawesome:
You havnt talkd bout ur family...ur wifes family wich is plus includin aunties n uncles n cousins n all dt plus august visitor join again
Limit all liabilities this 2020_ biko

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs / Pursuing Money Vs Education: Should I Drop Out Of School? / Confusion In Customs As Newly Retired Officers Stay Put

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.