Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,105 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All (821 Views)

14 Safety Tips For South Easterners As They Are Under Military Watch. / Enugu Massacre: South-East Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit / Emeka Offor Signs $10 Million To Carter Center For SE/SS Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by Observant: 8:10am On Jul 31, 2015
I started listening to radio biafra as a comic relief in my spare time not taking it seriously but being a man who likes to learn from every experience no matter how small, yesterday the man said something that was very undeniable.
It's a fact that in the north we have several ethinic inclination ( The Fulani, The Hausa, The Gwari, The Nupe and so on) but on no count has anyone or group of people come to say we are fighting for the fulani nation! or Hausa people or northern minority, all you hear is "The NORTH". or " THE AREWA NATION".

Same thing with the west , you hear The SW or the oduduwa people.

Compare this to the Easterner part of the country that has been balkanized giving room to divide and rule politics.
You hear things like Ohaneze, Igbo nation, Niger Delta, Mend, ijaw nation, minorities etc.

Why not just the easterners as it was so you lot can be taken seriously. Or better still unite under a more daring name Biafra.

I stand to learn more.
Thank you

4 Likes

Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by heatflux: 8:21am On Jul 31, 2015
Wait for it
Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 31, 2015
ok
Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by TechRev: 8:28am On Jul 31, 2015
Awusa and Yorrrrobber told them that Igbo man is their problem.

4 Likes

Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by wecan: 8:31am On Jul 31, 2015
And they believed it?

1 Like

Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 31, 2015
SS said they are not part of us, and we don't care!

1 Like

Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by Flyoruboy(m): 8:49am On Jul 31, 2015
TechRev:

Come on, you can do better than this. Even if truly they were told that, are you saying they are too dumb or foolish to make up their own independent minds? Truth is that the former Eastern Region minorities themselves are divided on their perception of the SE/Igbo majority. They have lived as neighbours for centuries so they dont need a Yoruba or Northerner to lecture them about their igbo neighbours. No need scapegoating the North or the SW as being responsible for whatever divisions that exist in those regions. Those folks are grown enough to independently decide for themselves, regardless of what the SW or North "told them".

1 Like

Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by EasternLion: 8:59am On Jul 31, 2015
Hausa Fulani Yoruba sold dummies to them, they bought and Igbo speaking people have been proved right over the 45years period.
Even here on NL, you will see them attacking Igbos or making jest of us, but u can never see and Edo man attacking Yoruba or a Nupe, Gwari, Kanuri, Junkun attacking themselves, it is always about North or Arewa.

But over here, people bought dummies sold to them, and we truly were divided.

You will see someone like Sweetlemon because she supports APC, attack Igbos because we dont, but she claims to come from Akwa Ibom, and I have been asking her, did u know it was people from Akwa Ibom that named Enyimba city Aba.
Did she realise that during Aba woman riots in 2019, thru gathered from Calabar, present day Uyo, Igweocha to meet up with women in Aba, and fought white men and gave them some sense.
We all have been living peaceful for thousands of years, we allowed outsiders to divide us.

Whenever I go to Aba main markets like New Market, Ariaria or Cemetery and I see our Cross River and Akwa Ibom people, even people from Rivers state doing their business and making a living, I will want to ask them if Igbo man is their problem.
Go to Post Office along ASA, that First bank there in Aba, the people hustling their are either from Akwa Ibom,Cross River or Rivers, the clothing business there an them colonize am, but people in Lagos will be writing nonsense and selling to the gullible ones on NL and Social media sites.

5 Likes

Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2015
TechRev:

That is the problem.... A Kalabari man asked me, How better-of are we with the Igbos that we are not now in Nigeria and I laugh, because this is pur ignorant, the truth is that even when they see the glaring truth they seem to still be blind by a stereotype that has never been the case, Everybody from SS states knows that IGBOS has not taken anything from them even when they are the majority in the whole eastern region but what Yorubas told them is what they have been believing, IGBO ppl are your problem, you are not from East, you are not the same, you are Ijaw, You are Ibibio, you are niger delta, Abia state and Imo are not niger delta, they will steal your oil..... the war lasted 3 years yet none of the so called Niger delta oil was taken by Igbos even as Igbos controlled the whole of the east ( Biafra) for 3 yrs,...war has ended 45 year ago ask them who have been taking your oil, developing their region and rendering your place polluted....Have you heard that nay person from North or South West sponsored any other region to unseat his brother, but Amaechi did it, He went to Owerri and said his name is Amaechi that he is an Igbo man just because he want to unseat GEJ and put Buhari, but he is the one telling ppl before that time that he is not Igbo just because of selfish interest.

PPl from the so called SS( coined by Awusa and Yoruba) need to wake up....... Igbo man will prefer his neighbors to grow, their nearest brothers.3 Igbo states have oil, Igbos dont even depend on oil. Ijaw wake up, Cross Riverians wake up, Ibibio wake up, its all about you and your children's future.

2 Likes

Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 31, 2015
EasternLion:
Hausa Fulani Yoruba sold dummies to them, they bought and Igbo speaking people have been proved right over the 45years period.
Even here on NL, you will see them attacking Igbos or making jest of us, but u can never see and Edo man attacking Yoruba or a Nupe, Gwari, Kanuri, Junkun attacking themselves, it is always about North or Arewa.

But over here, people bought dummies sold to them, and we truly were divided.

You will see someone like Sweetlemon because she supports APC, attack Igbos because we dont, but she claims to come from Akwa Ibom, and I have been asking her, did u know it was people from Akwa Ibon that names Enyimba city Aba.
Did she realise that during Aba woman riots in 2019, thru gathered from Calabar, present day Uyo, Igweocha to meet up with women in Aba, and fought white men and gave them some sense.
We all have been living peaceful for thousands of years, we allowed outsiders to divide us.

Whenever I go to Aba main markets like New Market, Ariaria or Cemetery and I see our Cross River and Akwa Ibom people, even people from Rivers state doing their business and making a living, I will want to ask them if Igbo man is their problem.
Go to Post Office along ASA, that First bank there in Aba, the people hustling their are either from Akwa Ibom,Cross River or Rivers, the clothing business there an them colonize am, but people in Lagos will be writing nonsense and selling to the gullible ones on NL and Social media sites.

CC chessboard
Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by melzabull(f): 9:49am On Jul 31, 2015
@eastern lion you have spoken well.

I am a pure bred igbo babe from ogwashi-ukwu, Delta state, SS in the present SS political divide and rule creation anomaly. Its sad when you see people like sweetmelon attack Igbos simply cos of party differences/affiliation. Its not as if we are we are forcing anyone to like us but its a pity when you exhibit unfounded hatred for people with whom you supposedly share similar traits, culture and lifestyle.

The divide and rule dummy sold by the 'nutterners' to the south eastern worked to a large extent, sadly but true! notwithstanding we (Igbos) are getting stronger and higher.

1 Like

Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by EasternLion: 10:36am On Jul 31, 2015
melzabull:
@eastern lion you have spoken well.

I am a pure bred igbo babe from ogwashi-ukwu, Delta state, SS in the present SS political divide and rule creation anomaly. Its sad when you see people like sweetmelon attack Igbos simply cos of party differences. Its not as if we are we are forcing anyone to like us but its a pity when you exhibit unfounded hatred for people who you are supposedly share similar traits, culture and lifestyle.

The divide and rule dummy sold by the 'nutterners' to the south eastern worked to a large extent, sadly but true! notwithstanding we (Igbos) are getting stronger and higher.

Sad but true.
Re: SE/SS/Niger Delta Or Just Easterners - A Question For All by StOla: 10:44am On Jul 31, 2015
Observant:
I started listening to radio biafra as a comic relief in my spare time not taking it seriously but being a man who likes to learn from every experience no matter how small, yesterday the man said something that was very undeniable.
It's a fact that in the north we have several ethinic inclination ( The Fulani, The Hausa, The Gwari, The Nupe and so on) but on no count has anyone or group of people come to say we are fighting for the fulani nation! or Hausa people or northern minority, all you hear is "The NORTH". or " THE AREWA NATION".

Same thing with the west , you hear The SW or the oduduwa people.

Compare this to the Easterner part of the country that has been balkanized giving room to divide and rule politics.
You hear things like Ohaneze, Igbo nation, Niger Delta, Mend, ijaw nation, minorities etc.

Why not just the easterners as it was so you lot can be taken seriously. Or better still unite under a more daring name Biafra.

I stand to learn more.
Thank you

But Edo, Delta and parts of Bayelsa were never part of the Eastern region in the 3 region set up prior to and after independence. Neither were they part of Biafra.

Hence you cannot refer to the present SS and SE as Easterners. As for the term "Biafra", it only exist on a pirate radio station.

(1) (Reply)

OPINION: What's Really Going On Between Okonjo And Obasanjo / Extra Clean American Used Lexus Rx330 In Port Harcourt At A Moderate Rate...pics / Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: “masu Gudu Su Gudu” (run If You Must) By

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.