Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,764 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love (7441 Views)

Married With Kids But Deeply In Love With Another Lady / No Friends To Use As Bridesmaids For My Wedding. I'm Deeply Troubled :( / I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Diva1(f): 6:10pm On Mar 17, 2009
How do you know when your partner (boyfriend/girlfriend) is deeply in love with you or desperate?
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Treetop20(m): 6:12pm On Mar 17, 2009
deeply in love?
when he sees through your most annoying flaws
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by tpia: 9:24pm On Mar 17, 2009
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by ikamefa(f): 9:25pm On Mar 17, 2009
Treetop20:

deeply in love?
when he sees through your most annoying flaws

huh?  undecided
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by C2H5OH(f): 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2009
Desperation is when you keep obsessing over an asshole despite knowing that he/she treats you like a hobag.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 17, 2009
Desperation is not knowing the difference between love and desperation
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by bigbumper(f): 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2009
Very good responses, NL'ers never fails to deliver cheesy

I see Treetop holding it down as usual kiss and Ebonysilk too close to my heartthrob H202 for my liking angry angry angry
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2009
big_bumper:

Very good responses, NL'ers never fails to deliver cheesy

I see Treetop holding it down as usual kiss and Ebonysilk too close to my heartthrob H202 for my liking angry angry angry
cheesy grin cheesy I tiptoed so you wouldn't hear me tongue grin

@Post
See how Iyalode dey follow H202 about? Desperation tongue Even as the man dey summon me cheesy
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Tgirl4real(f): 12:14am On Mar 18, 2009
I see another thread 'derailment' is about to begin * * *
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by tnk24: 7:45am On Mar 20, 2009
Desperation is tolerating the things you will normally not tolerate
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by tnk24: 7:54am On Mar 20, 2009
Deeply in love is when you love someone who loves and appreciates you .
Desperation is when you throw away your dignity trying to love someone who doesn't care .

3 Likes

Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Diva1(f): 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2009
tnk24:

Deeply in love is when you love someone who loves and appreciates you . Desperation is when you throw away your dignity trying to love someone who doesn't care .

I think this is true.
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by sistawoman: 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2009
Deeply in love is over looking those things that bug you about your partner. Deeply in love is loving your partner inspite of his/her faults.

Desperation is sticking around after they treat you like dog shit on the bottom of thier shoes, claiming but if you love your man you will stick it out. Exactly how many times does he have to cheat on you, beat you and verbally abuise you to know that love does not hurt like that.
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by mohawkchic(f): 3:55am On Mar 21, 2009
Diva1:

How do you know when your partner (boyfriend/girlfriend) is deeply in love with you or desperate?

. . . .~Desperate to be Loved ~ Married ~ Emotionally Attached . . what kind of Desperation?

~Me think One can be Deeply In Love & Desperate at the same time! It wouldnt mean they love you any less . . but it all depends on what kind of Desperation!

*Desperate to make that relationship work/Stick it out . . Too eager to please and overly willing to commit
*Desperate To Accept Certain Things that are not In Your Best Interest
*Desperate To Compromise Important Values

~Me think Being Desperate is a Choice While you cant Always Choose who you fall In Love with. Just like theer's a thin lIne between Love & Hate,i'd like to think there's another unseen thin line between Desperation & Love too . . .

~Everybody faces challenges in life. . . But the way we react to those challenges determines the effect that that challenge will have on us as Individuals . . this much i know . . .Being Desperate can lead to Negative Consequences.

~Desperation makes you get less than you deserve.I've known women who were deeply In Love & Desperate to be loved & be in a relationship . . The impaired judgment that comes due to being desperate made them Very Vulnerable.

~One things for sure People will A-L-W-A-Y-S take advantage of you when they realise that you are desperate & In Love much more Just Desperate to get Something . . Anything!

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Kanwulia: 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2014
Love is genuine and consistent.
Desperation is fake and irrational.

You can only tell one from the other from the ACTIONS, NOT WORDS! kiss

Unfortunately, being able to tell the difference requires a higher level of cognitive science.
Most are too reeeetarded to tell! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Youngpo413: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2014
Diva1:

only ladies are DESPERATE,...men are not!
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 06, 2014
Don't be too sure.
Youngpo413:
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Tallesty1(m): 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
This is really hard to say but most times, the thing we call love is pure desperation.

As a guy, when a lady is always willing to do just about anything to have/keep me, I will automatically conclude that she is desperate.

Y'know you are desperate when there is a heightened state of anxiety in you to the extent that you can't think straight, maybe because of possible loss.

You are desperate, when you know that you cannot have him/her or at least for now and yet you keep pushing as if your life depends on them.

Finally, The term crazy in love or crazy for love, ain’t no love, but the desperation to fulfill a hope or desire with a person.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by TrishaP(f): 6:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
Tallesty1:
This is really hard to say but most times, the thing we call love is pure desperation.

As a guy, when a lady is always willing to do just about anything to have/keep me, I will automatically conclude that she is desperate.

Y'know you are desperate when there is a heightened state of anxiety in you to the extent that you can't think straight, maybe because of possible loss.

You are desperate, when you know that you cannot have him/her or at least for now and yet you keep pushing as if your life depends on them.

Finally, The term crazy in love or crazy for love, ain’t no love, but the desperation to fulfill a hope or desire with a person.

I can totally relate to these... Desperation is some sort of a disease that people should avoid cus it breeds disrespect at the end.
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by TrishaP(f): 6:14pm On Dec 06, 2014
Youngpo413:
Oh puleesssss don't be judgmental.
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Tallesty1(m): 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2014
TrishaP:

I can totally relate to these... Desperation is some sort of a disease that people should avoid cus it breeds disrespect at the end.
Certainly..... Falling inlove with a person is good but you gotta carry your brain along otherwise you will regret it later.
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Youngpo413: 6:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
TrishaP:

Oh puleesssss don't be judgmental.
I`m sorry
Re: Difference Between Desperation And Being Deeply In Love by Youngpo413: 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2014
Rityben:
Don't be too sure.
okay

(1) (Reply)

I Am No Longer Interested In Sex With My Hubby / Living With Parents After Wedding / Unmarried Mothers To Be Fined In Chinese City To Cut Size Of Population

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.