Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This (41323 Views)

Married Men,please And Please Learn How To Control Your Third Legs / For My Ladies Please Learn From It - What Every Woman Should Know About Men / Please Learn From This Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 9:51am On May 24, 2013
Please let all the singles learn from this.
Thank you

THESE days my heart cries when I see individuals who are desperate to get married; who can do anything whatsoever to get that ring on their finger. A desperate person is someone who feels she has no hope and is ready to do anything to satisfy this burning need. I read the tale of woe of two individuals that will be getting married in a couple of months. I will call them Emeka and Lola (real names withheld). Lola is in her late 30s and her desire to find the right guy has gone from hopefully optimistic to desperation so much that after only three months of knowing Emeka, she’s decided to marry him. The thing about Emeka is that he is the complete opposite of Lola. She is obsessively neat; but Emeka never learns to clean up himself. She is an independent career woman; he has a chauvinistic streak a mile way. She manages her money well; but he buys based on what he wants rather than what he can afford…and the list goes on. They fight constantly to the point that it is uncomfortable to be around them. With the wedding only two months away, the only thing left to ask is “Why would she want to marry a man who is obviously incompatible with her?”

A female friend of mine also shared the story of a guy she met, who didn’t even ask her out, and blurted out suddenly “Please, marry me”. He didn’t hear her out, and started making plans for a wedding. Individuals like this have an invisible signpost on their head with the inscription: “Will you marry me?” After a year or two into their wedding borne out of desperation to get married many men and women soon realise that they are miserable with their spouses. Yes, you are being pressured by friends and families to get married; pressures that make those family picnics and extended family events bitter experiences. That is not enough reason to rush to the altar. Anything done in desperation is usually as a result of a decision taken under pressure. The romance novels and movies showing quickie marriages and glamour often don’t show the reality of a couple’s life later in their journey together. No thanks to singles seminars which only promise participants swift marriages without teaching them how to go through due process in relationships.

According to Dr Angelis: “When you are feeling lonely or desperate, you are much likely to make poor love choices and end up in unfulfilling relationships”. Some people are so emotionally empty that they are desperate for anyone to marry. In the end, they end up in a painful relationship. The following are the signs of desperation which are not exhaustive.

Getting too attached too early:
When you start getting attached to a person you just met and even saying “I love you” after a few dates, it’s a sign of desperation. You can make a clean break if you are involved with a needy, clingy and desperate person.

Having a profile listed with every single known dating site online: This is a serious clue that you are desperate. If your profile is on every dating site you come across, that is a red flag you must deal with.

Constantly buying gifts: Getting gifts is good, but when it becomes too much it loses its meaning and relevance. This is usually obtainable among men. The average dude believes he can use gifts to buy his way into a lady’s heart.

Wanting to meet the family too soon:
“When am I meeting your people?” Is usually the question a desperate person asks. You should give much time before introducing family and other relatives to a suitor. If you are dealing with a person who is pushing to meet your family and you are barely dating two months that’s a red flag. Allow time to play its role in your relationship.

Dressing in attire that is provocative: This is a clear example of someone who is insecure. This is prevalent among women. If you come across this type of lady it’s time to move on to someone who is comfortable in her own body and doesn’t need to show off her cleavage to everyone she comes in contact with.

From a young age many of us have been taught that marriage is a rite of passage and you don’t become an adult or a woman until you get married. This social pressure, real or imagined, doesn’t make it true. You do not become a full fledged adult by getting married. Marriage doesn’t validate your adulthood; it only reflects your maturity. Dear friend, get off the desperation trap and let God’s will be done in your life. God’s time is still the best; He makes everything beautiful in His time.

By Kehinde Ajose, a talent development strategist, publicist, and blogger.

21 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 10:39am On May 24, 2013
I don't think Emeka and Lola's story has anything to do with compatibility but finding that balance that will help them compliment each other. I talk a lot my hubby doesn't, I am Emeka when it comes to spending ( see my closet for reference) and my hubby is Lola financially. To be quite honest, if I had married a man who spends as much as I do, yawa would gas. Most times we need a complete opposite of us to keep us in check.

39 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 10:46am On May 24, 2013
Story 2.

I know women who have met men that are not interested in courtship but marriage. Some of these marriages fail, the others are success stories. My eldest sister met her husband and he wanted marriage, no time for 10 years courtship. I did say it once on this forum that a sane and smart man knows if a woman is a a wife material after spending a few hours with her.

35 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 10:54am On May 24, 2013
You are totally right.that is the naked reality we have this days.people marrying for wrong reasons.i remembered when i was doing my post graduate degree back then,i had a friend who was so desperate for marriage.always whinning and complaining why she is not married at 27 when other ladies younger than her are married.she was always asking me whether she is fine,whether she doesn't dress well.anyway not to long after she met a fellow postgraduate student during the weekly postgraduate seminar,that one asked her out and they started dating.before i could say jack robinson,she told me she is getting married,i looked at her in shock,i said tayo calm down,you just dated this guy in a month and now you are talking about marriage.are you sure you guys have the same values,understand each other,respect each other and so many other important things you need to find out before talking about marriage.guess what she told me,she said all that doesnt matter,what matters is love and i said ok how do you know he loves you,she said because he buys me gifts,comes to visit me regularly,calls me on phone and most importantly tells me he loves me.i said is that your indices for knowing whether a man loves you genuinely or not,she said yes.i said why dont you give yourself a break.be friends first before you become lovers so that you can know whether he is someone you can spend the rest of your life with,she said ehen no matter how much you study a guy,you cant know him unless you marry him.i just had to end the conversation because it was obvious nothing i said made sense to her and her mind was made up.after we finished our course work my friend moved to his house,before i knew what was happening she became pregnant and i asked her whether she has met his parents before moving into his house talkless of getting pregnant,she said thats small thing,she will go after we conclude our masters,i said ok.not to long she went to meet with his parents,luckily they accepted her,they did introduction ,fast forward weeks later,she brought ankara for me to buy her aso ebi for her wedding,i bought it.i still went ahead to ask her,tayo this is a life time thing are you sure of what you are getting yourself into.do you know this man well,are you sure you are ok with his principles and she got annoyed and said i am a bad friend,i dont mean well for her,i am not happy she is getting married.i said oremi koribe,why wont i be happy that my girlfriend is getting married,i just want you to be happy in your marriage ni and she snapped at me,ose,thank you i will be happy in my marriage,anyone that doesnt want me to be happy in my marriage will not be happy herself i said amen o,later she said oremi the lady that doesyour hair and nails nko,i want her to do my hair on my wedding,i took her to my beauticians shop,they made arrangements etc.months later,she became mrs lagbaja.

A year later she came to my office complaining about how her husband will leave her and her baby alone and go clubbing during weekends,sleep with different kinds of club girls.he wont even give her money for baby stuffs, the money he is supposed to use in taking care of the family,he will spend it on club girls.i dont even know the kind of stewpeed man she married as a husband.when she said she complained to the husband,the man said if she is tired of the marriage,she can walk out but when she walks out live the baby because when she enterd the marriage,she didnt come with a child.after all the explanations i said are you done,she said yes and i said you are not even happy he hasnt brought those girls home,if he brought them home,will you beat him.when i told you back then when we were in school,what did you tell me.its your cross,just carry it and dont complain because i have told you.you were whinning i want to marry i want to marry,you did not listen to any advice from any of your friends,you shunned them and said they were jealous of you.good enough your husband has suggested what you should do,if you are tired of the marriage,walk out and please i am busy,i have other urgent things to attend to,we will talk later.come to my house on weekend.

To be frank if i was as desperate as she was and married all the guys that came around me then i most likely will have married an abuser and lived an unfullfilled life.infact i believe my mom now when she says making decisions about marriage is harder than all the degrees you can ever earn in your life,its fragile yet tough.

What more can i say single ladies need to look and look and look deeply before they leap

79 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by EveryLadY(f): 11:41am On May 24, 2013
marrying for every wrong reason is the bane of marriage in our society.I have a friend that has given himself a matrimonial ultimatum to be married in the next two months.Even though his relationship is very shaky presently,the need to get married out weighs his need to marry rightly.He is politically being pressured into this.I weep for those who will allow pressure of what ever magnitude/form or nature to push them into a life long heart aches/bitterness/pains....

6 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 24, 2013
Every_LadY: marrying for every wrong reason is the bane of marriage in our society.I have a friend that has given himself a matrimonial ultimatum to be married in the next two months.Even though his relationship is very shaky presently,the need to get married out weighs his need to marry rightly.He is politically being pressured into this.I weep for those who will allow pressure of what ever magnitude/form or nature to push them into a life long heart aches/bitterness/pains....
i refuse all pressures from anybody to rush me into getting married because yorubas say abani da ole bani debe.meaning the people that pressurize you into getting married will not live with you in the marriage neither will they help out when the chips are down.infact you wont see anybody apart from your parents and after some time sef,they will get tired and ask you to take care of your own problems yourself. when my aunt calls i know it is about marriage talk so i dont pick,my dads friend to will come and say his own,church members too will give unsolicited advice etc.in all this i refuse to rush because i dont want to make a decision that will make me regret.too many marital woes and bad tales are littered all over the pages of newspapers,television,daily occurences i see and even the family section of nairaland.too many animals in male bodies that one needs 1oo percent dicretion and wisdom.

Moreover when i did an empirical research on why nigerian females marry,i discovered its for social and economic reasons,to have kids,because parents say so and satisfy their sexual desires.if that is all what marriage has to offer me,girlfriend,globalization,education,exposure and scientific revolution has made the world an easier place,adoption and or surrogate mom all the way baby because i can have all that marriage has to offer me and still be single...issshhh

8 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 24, 2013
Forget all these theories, life doesn't work that way. We have seen people get desperate and date for only few mnths before marriage and it was successful. We have also seen long term courtship that resulted into marriage but wasn't successful.
We have seen successful marriages that crashed after a while because someone changed.
It's silly for people to be advising others on marriage. Every relationship is different and what may cause a break up in one may unite another couple.
I know a couple where the man clubs, drinks and smokes but the friendship between him and his wife is enviable. In other homes, clubbing and drinking will lead to divorce.
Bottom line is that ladies should mind their business and stop interfering in their friends relationships and marriage. If it works out fine if it doesn't it is none of ur business. u don't need to start saying i told u and narrating the story all over. Gosh, women are so petty.

57 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 24, 2013
kulyie: i refuse all pressures from anybody to rush me into getting married because yorubas say abani da ole bani debe.meaning the people that pressurize you into getting married will not live with you in the marriage neither will they help out when the chips are down.infact you wont see anybody apart from your parents and after some time sef,they will get tired and ask you to take care of your own problems yourself. when my aunt calls i know it is about marriage talk so i dont pick,my dads friend to will come and say his own,church members too will give unsolicited advice etc.in all this i refuse to rush because i dont want to make a decision that will make me regret.too many marital woes and bad tales are littered all over the pages of newspapers,television,daily occurences i see and even the family section of nairaland.too many animals in male bodies that one needs 1oo percent dicretion and wisdom.

Moreover when i did an empirical research on why nigerian females marry,i discovered its for social and economic reasons,to have kids,satisfy their sexual desires and have kids.if that is all what marriage has to offer me,girlfriend,globalization,education,exposure and scientific revolution has made the world an easier place,adoption and or surrogate mom all the way baby because i can have all that marriage has to offer me and still be single...issshhh

Marriage is a beautiful thing. Stop feeling insecure about yourself. People who see fault in everyman or see only bad marriages have a problem and that problem is from them. Change ur mindset.
It's a different thing if u don't feel like marrying but when u keep hiding under bad men and marriages fail these days, then it shows u feel insecure about yourself.
I might be wrong but i will wager a months pay that i am right.

26 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 24, 2013
Even if una meet only one month, and u like him, marry am cheesy!

If e no work out, jump out and get another.

It doesn't matter how many times as long as you are happy.

If you know u want to get married, the earlier the better,...don't wait till 45 yrs before u tie the knot, then start complaining or taking ssshhhiiitt!

If you want kids....go ahead!

Afterall some sweet marriages hit the rock when one loses his/her partner.

Your happiness counts here! Life too short!

No time! cool

10 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 24, 2013
Gaggi:

Marriage is a beautiful thing. Stop feeling insecure about yourself. People who see fault in everyman or see only bad marriages have a problem and that problem is from them. Change ur mindset.
It's a different thing if u don't feel like marrying but when u keep hiding under bad men and marriages fail these days, then it shows u feel insecure about yourself.
I might be wrong but i will wager a months pay that i am right.
you are completely wrong.go to a thread here in this same nairaland where lawyers are complaining of high rate of divorce.check the percentage of marriages this days,a lot are in chaos.dont be decieved by the and co husband and wife wearing the same thing portraying peace and bliss in their homes outside when they know peace is far from their homes.

Meanwhile i am not saying all men are bad,there are still some reasonable men with empathy out there so there is nothing like insecurity issues.i amso secured in myself but to each his own sha.anyone that wants to jump into the band wagon withoutensuring compatibility and other factors is so free to jump in,infact,she is as free as the bird.anyway i didn't say marriage is not a beautiful thing,its beautiful gaannn.yes it really is

5 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 24, 2013
Gaggi: Forget all these theories, life doesn't work that way. We have seen people get desperate and date for only few mnths before marriage and it was successful. We have also seen long term courtship that resulted into marriage but wasn't successful.
We have seen successful marriages that crashed after a while because someone changed.
It's silly for people to be advising others on marriage. Every relationship is different and what may cause a break up in one may unite another couple.
I know a couple where the man clubs, drinks and smokes but the friendship between him and his wife is enviable. In other homes, clubbing and drinking will lead to divorce.
Bottom line is that ladies should mind their business and stop interfering in their friends relationships and marriage. If it works out fine if it doesn't it is none of ur business. u don't need to start saying i told u and narrating the story all over. Gosh, women are so petty.
Nobody is talking about comparison here.
The article is just talking about how to identify someone who is desperate in getting married.
There some singles that cultivate these attitudes but they dont know dat it is as a result of desperation.
So by reading this piece, they can always call themselves to order
Even if u have short term courtship, u shld be ready to tolerate so many things from each other since u aint patient to court for long.

2 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 24, 2013
kulyie: you are completely wrong.go to a thread here in this same nairaland where lawyers are complaining of high rate of divorce.check the percentage of marriages this days,a lot are in chaos.dont be decieved by the and co husband and wife wearing the same thing portraying peace and bliss in their homes outside when they know peace is far from their homes.

Meanwhile i am not saying all men are bad,there are still some reasonable men with empathy out there so there is nothing like insecurity issues

Life is full of ups and downs so why not marriage? U have issues at work, with ur friends and family, why not with ur spouse? The world is a mixture of pleasure and pain, why should marriage be all pleasure?
Let's be realistic, marriage must have it's highs and lows. Even the 'worst' forms of marriage has its moments. The problem is when the downside outweighs the good side.
I was once an anti-marriage advocate when i was younger because i loved myself and my me time but the beauty of marriage is when u know u are now responsible for others.
Let people make their mistakes and learn from them, it helps them become better persons. That's why i respect those who have gone into it and failed and still choose to go into it again. I'm hoping someday u too will understand.

26 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 24, 2013
jennykadry: I don't think Emeka and Lola's story has anything to do with compatibility but finding that balance that will help them compliment each other. I talk a lot my hubby doesn't, I am Emeka when it comes to spending ( see my closet for reference) and my hubby is Lola financially. To be quite honest, if I had married a man who spends as much as I do, yawa would gas. Most times we need a complete opposite of us to keep us in check.
I understand that we need opposite of us to make a good marriage.
I think wot the example of Lola & Emeka is trying to point out is that it maybe that Emeka isnt responsible at home financially and this is not making Lola who is wise in spending very uncomfortable.
Emeka may not be saving towards the future due to his extravagant life style as well
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 24, 2013
nikkykay:
Nobody is talking about comparison here.
The article is just talking about how to identify someone who is desperate in getting married.
There some singles that cultivate these attitudes but they dont know dat it is as a result of desperation.
So by reading this piece, they can always call themselves to order
Even if u have short term courtship, u shld be ready to tolerate so many things from each other since u aint patient to court for long.

Let them get desperate if they want. Sometimes it works out for them. At least they know what they want. Even the one's not desperate also experience failed marriages. The beauty of being desperate is that at least the desperate person knows what he/she wants from the start. cheesy
Seriously, I've met friends whom didn't look compatible with their girlfriends and went ahead and married. the marriage has and is still flourishing. Sometimes the people we see as bad for others actually change and make perfect partners. To each his own.

5 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 24, 2013
Gaggi:

Let them get desperate if they want. Sometimes it works out for them. At least they know what they want. Even the one's not desperate also experience failed marriages. The beauty of being desperate is that at least the desperate person knows what he/she wants from the start. cheesy
Seriously, I've met friends whom didn't look compatible with their girlfriends and went ahead and married. the marriage has and is still flourishing. Sometimes the people we see as bad for others actually change and make perfect partners. To each his own.
Even when the guy beats d lady and buys gifts for her after to apologise. She shld still go ahead and marriage d buy just becos she knows d guy is right, the is d cause of wot happened for him to beat her bla bla. Meanwhile d lady is approaching 35-40
Or when the lady cheats on him and she is caught. She crises & apologises but goes back to her vommit or when she is lazy and doesnt cook well and Bobo likes food a lot. He doesnt joke with food.
He shld still good ahead and marry her just becos he doesnt want to sleep ard again, have kids so dat he doesnt use his pension to takkia of his children
Or wot r u trying to say.
It may work for 5 % but it doesnt work for 95% dat i know

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 24, 2013
Gaggi:

Life is full of ups and downs so why not marriage? U have issues at work, with ur friends and family, why not with ur spouse? The world is a mixture of pleasure and pain, why should marriage be all pleasure?
Let's be realistic, marriage must have it's highs and lows. Even the 'worst' forms of marriage has its moments. The problem is when the downside outweighs the good side.
I was once an anti-marriage advocate when i was younger because i loved myself and my me time but the beauty of marriage is when u know u are now responsible for others.
Let people make their mistakes and learn from them, it helps them become better persons. That's why i respect those who have gone into it and failed and still choose to go into it again. I'm hoping someday u too will understand.
i am not an anti marriage person,afterall marriage is by choice,i am only an anti desperate for marriage person.for example you are a lady now and your partner beats you,slaps you in public and private, does not have any iota of respect for you,is completly wayward,promiscous and irresponsible,drinks a lot and you still stay in the relatiship with the hope that he will change because of desperation of being mrs lagbaja.even if he is a jerk,ko matter,the only thing i want is to be married,that is what i am against.2ndly in case you are a christian (i am not trying to get religious here) God the originator of marriage never forces man to do anything,there is no where in the bible that says you must worship me it only admonishes us to worship him or if we dont show us the consequences,its in the bible, but he doesnt compell.it says i have set before you life and death,choose life that you may live.life here doesnt necessarily refer to the breadth in our nostrils.also it was never recorded in the bible that Jesus had a wife or a stand by girlfriend or even had one baby mama he will go and meet whenever he is hor,,ney or wants to see his kids,that does not mean i am anti marriage i am only pro common sense
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 24, 2013
Over time, i have observed that MAJORITY of ladies who are always anti-marriage, anti-men, criticizin those who set marital age target for themselves etc frustrated with little or no hopes of re-marryin due to age and other reasons. Most of them have had one or two failed marriage or relationship in the past-which ofcourse they always BLAME the men-as usual scapegoat. Instead of them to search for the positives of marriages and try to make them work in their lives, they are busy TROLLING stories of failed marriages and start YELLING marriage isn't worth it(most times fictitious stories). Their ultimate aim is to discourage young and promising teenage girls and young adults who has always wanted and believed in sweetness of marriage. These are people that will encourage promiscuous lifestyles among young people and often get JEALOUS and ENVIOUS each time their younger sisters, siblings and nieces get married. Shame on them all. My advice to SENSIBLE people is that it's not BAD to put a timeline for marriage, if its for the right reasons. Always believe that your marital case will be worth it and refuse to hear negative news or think negatively.

28 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 24, 2013
barcanista: Over time, i have observed that MAJORITY of ladies who are always anti-marriage, anti-men, criticizin those who set marital age target for themselves etc frustrated with little or no hopes of re-marryin due to age and other reasons. Most of them have had one or two failed marriage or relationship in the past-which ofcourse they always BLAME the men-as usual scapegoat. Instead of them to search for the positives of marriages and try to make them work in their lives, they are busy TROLLING stories of failed marriages and start YELLING marriage isn't worth it(most times fictitious stories). Their ultimate aim is to discourage young and promising teenage girls and young adults who has always wanted and believed in sweetness of marriage. These are people that will encourage promiscuous lifestyles among young people and often get JEALOUS and ENVIOUS each time their younger sisters, siblings and nieces get married. Shame on them all. My advice to SENSIBLE people is that it's not BAD to put a timeline for marriage, if its for the right reasons. Always believe that your marital case will be worth it and refuse to hear negative news or think negatively.
yes that is true.marry for the right reasons and the right person and not because you are desperate that you just say yes to anybody,thats the summary of my tale.

Secondly i dont know of any other person o,but shewa was not born to marry,i was born to fullfill my purpose and destiny on this earth.marriage is just an icing on the cake,its just by the way.my life is complete with or without marriage,thats my point.marriage will not make me less better than i am,it wont make me more fullfilled than i am already or happier.make sure there are more deeper,sound and tangible reasons.desperation always causes you to have more than what you bargainned for but like i said earlier TO EACH HIS OWN.if you think marriage will make you a better person,all well and good,if you think your life will be complete by getting married,fine

5 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 24, 2013
nikkykay:
I understand that we need opposite of us to make a good marriage.
I think wot the example of Lola & Emeka is trying to point out is that it maybe that Emeka isnt responsible at home financially and this is not making Lola who is wise in spending very uncomfortable.
Emeka may not be saving towards the future due to his extravagant life style as well
true
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 24, 2013
nikkykay:
Even when the guy beats d lady and buys gifts for her after to apologise. She shld still go ahead and marriage d buy just becos she knows d guy is right, the is d cause of wot happened for him to beat her bla bla. Meanwhile d lady is approaching 35-40
Or when the lady cheats on him and she is caught. She crises & apologises but goes back to her vommit or when she is lazy and doesnt cook well and Bobo likes food a lot. He doesnt joke with food.
He shld still good ahead and marry her just becos he doesnt want to sleep ard again, have kids so dat he doesnt use his pension to takkia of his children
Or wot r u trying to say.
It may work for 5 % but it doesnt work for 95% dat i know

If a man beats a woman and maltreats her and she still wants to be with him then it is more of crazy love for him than desperation. Even if a woman foolishly wants to marry an abusive man because she is desperate then that is her choice. Your only concern should be when she is a minor or mentally unstable.
We shouldn't always drink panadol for another man especially when they are grown,sane adults. It's their life.

8 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 24, 2013
kulyie: true
hi dear been following your posts, can we be friends? do you stay in lag?
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 24, 2013
barcanista: hi dear been following your posts, can we be friends? do you stay in lag?
lmao na wa o cheesycheesycheesycheesy nothing wey i no go see for nairaland cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 24, 2013
kulyie: lmao na wa o cheesycheesycheesycheesy nothing wey i no go see for nairaland cheesy
abi i talk bad thing again? anyway sha can we be friends?

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 24, 2013
kulyie: i am not an anti marriage person,afterall marriage is by choice,i am only an anti desperate for marriage person.for example you are a lady now and your partner beats you,slaps you in public and private, does not have any iota of respect for you,is completly wayward,promiscous and irresponsible,drinks a lot and you still stay in the relatiship with the hope that he will change because of desperation of being mrs lagbaja.

if a woman is ready to receive such humiliation and abuse just to achieve a purpose then it is worth it for her. Maybe not for u but certainly for her. People have priorities and that may include marriage.
There are people who may sleep with every man just to rise in their career and they are people who have graduated for years without jobs who won't sleep with a man just to get a job.
It all depends on what we consider as important. there is no such thing as desperate for marriage, people set targets for themselves and hope to achieve it at all cost irrespective of the price as long as they are are satisfied.To such people let them be. You may say it ain't worth it for u but if they think it is worth it for them, pls let them be.

11 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 24, 2013
Gaggi:

If a man beats a woman and maltreats her and she still wants to be with him then it is more of crazy love for him than desperation. Even if a woman foolishly wants to marry an abusive man because she is desperate then that is her choice. Your only concern should be when she is a minor or mentally unstable.
We shouldn't always drink panadol for another man especially when they are grown,sane adults. It's their life.
that is it.but desperation will not make a woman see the red flags.even if the man has all the negative characteristics that should make a mentally ok woman stay away from him,a desperate woman will be blinded by desperation and not see the flaws.desperation to marry is blind but marriage is an eye opener.

When a woman is not DESPERATE she will make objective decisions and choices.moreover if it is my sister or any of my female relative that is desperate,me i will drink panadol for her headache o because i dont want anybody comming to my house saying my husband did this or that to me.even when i choose to mind my buisness and not interfere,it is our uncle that will say shewa please come for family meeting,let us settle dare and pauls problem,even when we mind our buisness we see so many anomalies but who am i to talk.if my kid sis is desperate,i will personally kill that desperation in her so that she can think and make right choices for her good

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 24, 2013
Gaggi:

(if a woman is ready to receive such humiliation and abuse just to achieve a purpose then it is worth it for her). Maybe not for u but certainly for her. People have priorities and that may include marriage.
Whaaatttttshockedshockedshockedshocked with this statement alone,i see that there is no point engaging in further discussions with you.so this is the kind of advice you will give your sister.haaaa,otieti dabe.am through with this issue with you shocked

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 24, 2013
Gaggi:

Crazy love, desperation all join.
Some pple will believe dat d violence will stop as soon as she or he complines with wot other part wants or s/he will change later.
kulyie: lmao na wa o cheesycheesycheesycheesy nothing wey i no go see for nairaland cheesy
Madam na simple question. Answer quick quick and carry ur parole to another thread cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 24, 2013
barcanista: abi i talk bad thing again? anyway sha can we be friends?
lolllllcheesycheesycheesycheesy you no talk bad thing but we are friends already.hope you are female sha.if you are female,you could pm me,butif you are male dont bother.God forbid i entertain friendship with strange men on nairaland with the kinds of thigs i read here on nl that some men type 8-)
Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 24, 2013
kulyie: Whaaatttttshockedshockedshockedshocked with this statement alone,i see that there is no point engaging in further discussions with you.so this is the kind of advice you will give your sister.haaaa,otieti dabe.am through with this issue with you

What is so wrong in what i said? U choose to cry more than the bereaved and i say let them be. The average Nigerian always thinks he is smarter than others and that others dnt knw what they are doing.

3 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 24, 2013
kulyie: lolllllcheesycheesycheesycheesy you no talk bad thing but we are friends already.hope you are female sha.if you are female,you could pm me,butif you are male dont bother.God forbid i entertain friendship with strange men on nairaland with the kinds of thigs i read here on nl that some men type 8-)
No vex o. But i be guy and no need for stereotype na, i be sure guy, no allow one man misbehaviour take de read all guys. Anyway, i'm glad to know your type and to be candid with you, i'm a simple, free sure guy.

2 Likes

Re: I Must Marry This Year! From Desire To Desperation ! Please Learn From This by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 24, 2013
barcanista: No vex o. But i be guy and no need for stereotype na, i be sure guy, no allow one man misbehaviour take de read all guys. Anyway, i'm glad to know your type and to be candid with you, i'm a simple, free sure guy.

Nice one bro. Help reduce the population of our aging sisters. wink

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Fifteen Stupid Things A Wife Can Do To Mess Up Her Marriage!!! / Some Sweet USUALS Every Wife Is Supposed To Be Giving To Her Husband! / My Parents Destroyed My Life In Guise Of Love, I'm Now Depressed Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.