Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,933 members, 7,810,596 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Ooni's Death : How Legal Is This, Nairalanders? (Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni's Death : How Legal Is This, Nairalanders? (Pics) (836 Views)

Today's Question To Nairalanders (pics) / Ooni’s Death ’ll Be Announced In Due Course — Source / Ife Chiefs Debunk Ooni's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni's Death : How Legal Is This, Nairalanders? (Pics) by TheDauraMallam: 10:50am On Jul 31, 2015
Ok, so someone sent me a BBM broadcast just like the picture uploaded and I am wondering if this is even legal?

This is 2015. Up to 80% of Nigerians don't know the history of their hometowns and yet some cultures still cling to human sacrifice all for the sake of some deceased monarch.

Really, is this (obviously traditional) Ooro even legal?

I need answers please. I intend to travel to Ife by night one of these days to check it out myself, and probably shoot a documentary (and armed with Kalashnikovs, of course)

Yeah, the Kalashnikov is in plural format grin

Re: Ooni's Death : How Legal Is This, Nairalanders? (Pics) by Kossyne(m): 10:52am On Jul 31, 2015
K
Re: Ooni's Death : How Legal Is This, Nairalanders? (Pics) by Tbillz(m): 10:54am On Jul 31, 2015
If U head is not destined to be used for rituals, bro they cant! Else his corpse might fall of the plane like what happened in 1960.
Re: Ooni's Death : How Legal Is This, Nairalanders? (Pics) by ammyluv2002(f): 10:59am On Jul 31, 2015
During my primary/Secondary school days in PH, we hear such stories wheneva they want to bury a chief, but don't much about it.
Re: Ooni's Death : How Legal Is This, Nairalanders? (Pics) by ammyluv2002(f): 11:00am On Jul 31, 2015
Tbillz:
If U head is not destined to be used for rituals, bro they cant! Else his corpse might fall of the plane like what happened in 1960.
Well said
Re: Ooni's Death : How Legal Is This, Nairalanders? (Pics) by TheDauraMallam: 11:09am On Jul 31, 2015
Tbillz:

So you mean some people are destined to be used for rituals?
Re: Ooni's Death : How Legal Is This, Nairalanders? (Pics) by FruityLass: 11:20am On Jul 31, 2015
Oh lawd, I arrived Ife around 8p.m yesterday......

One should be careful and vigilant sha
Re: Ooni's Death : How Legal Is This, Nairalanders? (Pics) by hahn(m): 11:21am On Jul 31, 2015
TheDauraMallam:

So you mean some people are destined to be used for rituals?

That was a typical religious biased response. He must believe that anyone who gets used for rituals deserve to be used just because he/she doesn't worship his god

@topic, our constitutional laws are not yet totally functional. Most people still adhere to outdated traditional practices. Besides, Nigeria IS lawless

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Femi Fani Kayode Has Written One Of The Best Articles For Politics On Nairaland / Nyesom Wike Approves Construction Of 5 Kilometer Road In Rivers State / How To Unwind While Waiting For Change (funny Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.