Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

How Do You Hear From God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Hear From God? (1500 Views)

Guard Your Eyes And Ears; You Are A Product Of What You Hear / 8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. / Hear What Pope Francis Tells Buhari,other World Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Hear From God? by Horlufemi(m): 11:58am On Jul 31, 2015
5 years ago I was secretly an Atheist. Few years later through science I believe there is God. I discovered religion, lack of love and selfishness was the problem.

But my question is how do you hear from God? Cos I need him to speak to me like every other day.
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2015
God can speak to us in different ways ;
Dreams
Still voice
Inspirations
Prophets
Inner mind
Even while reading the bible
Through someone

1 Like

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by menesheh(m): 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:
5 years ago I was secretly an Atheist. Few years later through science I believe there is God. I discovered religion, lack of love and selfishness was the problem.

But my question is how do you hear from God? Cos I need him to speak to me like every other day.

through science you came to believed there is god. do you know what is science and its philosophy?

not that god visited you directly, you just believed. now you are looking for ways of reaching god, why not pray to him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Sanchez01: 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

Indulge in the Scripture and focus on the Holyspirit. Also get "Tongues beyond the upper room" by Kenneth E. Hagin.

Ammyluv2002 has given wonderful suggestions, it would be nice to follow them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Horlufemi(m): 1:33pm On Jul 31, 2015
menesheh:

through science you came to believed there is god. do you know what is science and its philosophy?

not that god visited you just believed. now we are looking for ways of reaching god, why not pray to him.

It is impossible for life to happen by chance. The inner workings if cells is by far more complex that man made thing. It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in God. I am sure of what I know.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by ammyluv2002(f): 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
Sanchez01:

Indulge in the Scripture and focus on the Holyspirit. Also get "Tongues beyond the upper room" by Kenneth E. Hagin.

Ammyluv2002 has given wonderful suggestions, it would be nice to follow them.
Sanchez01, you and this "Tongues beyond the upper room" lolz!

Wish, i can download it sha as per free tins dey sweet tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Sanchez01: 1:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Sanchez01, you and this "Tongues beyond the upper room" lolz!

Wish, i can download it sha as per free tins dey sweet tongue
gringringrin

The book is out of this world. I'll try to get you free download link. You and free things thoughgringringrin
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by ammyluv2002(f): 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
Sanchez01:

gringringrin

The book is out of this world. I'll try to get you free download link. You and free things thoughgringringrin
Thanks dear! tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Weah96: 2:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in God. I am sure of what I know.

Just for the sake of clarification, and to prevent time wasting, are you referring to the Abrahamic God system? The Bible? Folykaze can help if you're confused.
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by omojesu4real(f): 2:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
By ur inner mind
By reading the word of God
By someone
in the dream
inspiration book
By praying to God nd by having the holyspirt.
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by menesheh(m): 2:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

It is impossible for life to happen by chance. The inner workings if cells is by far more complex that man made thing. It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in God. I am sure of what I know.

Even if evolution is false, there is still no justification to think that creationism explained any damn thing about our origin.

creationism is appealing to unjustifiable authority.

evolution does not require faith to believe it. you look at too many evidence supporting it. faith is accepting a proposition with less or no evidence. you are asserting that a deity exists without any manifestation to lay claim and start working on, it is just bunch of stories upon stories of personal experience that can not be substantiated, of which there are no bases to establish any scientific investigation, to ascertain the plausibility of such claims

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by hahn(m): 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Dreams
Still voice
Inspirations
Prophets
Inner mind
Through someone

Why can't he just speak to us directly? Your options are products of one's imagination or someone else's imagination

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Horlufemi(m): 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
menesheh:

Even if evolution is false, there is still no justification to think that creationism explained any damn thing about our origin.

creationism is appealing to unjustifiable authority.

evolution does not require faith to believe it. you look at too many evidence supporting it. faith is accepting a proposition with less or no evidence. you are asserting that a deity exists without any manifestation to lay claim and start working on, it is just bunch of stories upon stories of personal experience that can not be substantiated, of which there are no bases to establish any scientific investigation, to ascertain the plausibility of such claims

I don't believe in creationism either.

All I know is there is an intelligent designer. No doubt about that.
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by menesheh(m): 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

I don't believe in creationism either.

All I know is there is an intelligent designer. No doubt about that.

how do arrived to that conclusion?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

Which God do you intend to speak to?
[img]http://boxofficemoney.in/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/PK-1st-day-actual-collection.jpg[/img]
Wrong number
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by ammyluv2002(f): 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
hahn:

Why can't he just speak to us directly? Your options are products of one's imagination or someone else's imagination
Lolz! I laugh in Chinese. What does small still voice mean? Oh! You want the Almighty to appear in person to speak to you? Bros, just no go there at all
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by hahn(m): 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Lolz! I laugh in Chinese. What does small still voice mean? Oh! You want the Almighty to appear in person to speak to you? Bros, just no go there at all

Lol @ "small still voice". Sounds like you want me to talk to myself and say it is god. The "almighty" indeed

1 Like

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by ammyluv2002(f): 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
hahn:

Lol @ "small still voice". Sounds like you want me to talk to myself and say it is god. The "almighty" indeed
Now, i understand. It's okay...Let's just end it here
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by hahn(m): 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Now, i understand. It's okay...Let's just end it here

The end
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Weah96: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

But my question is how do you hear from God?

Plants. Ingest plenty of psychedelics, but let everyone know how you obtained your revelations. Let them be the judge. Don't say you were sober when the voice spoke to you.
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Horlufemi(m): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
Weah96:

Plants. Ingest plenty of psychedelics, but let everyone know how you obtained your revelations. Let them be the judge. Don't say you were sober when the voice spoke to you.

Lol
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Weah96: 5:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
Horlufemi:

Lol

You're laughing but I'm serious. African herbalists tell the truth. That's why few people listen. No one values the opinion of a ”drug addict. "
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2015
Horlufemi:

You prefer to believe that as complicated as man is, he was created through dust in a day rather than believe that he underwent millions and millions of years of evolution?

How does that even make sense?
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by plappville(f): 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Dreams
Still voice
Inspirations
Prophets
Inner mind
Through someone

Nice one..
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by plappville(f): 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

You are acting like Aaron and Miriam. We ought to learn from biblical figures. See what Gods told them.

numbers 12:4-8

4And suddenly the Lord said to Moses and to Aaron and Miriam, “Come out, you three, to the tent of meeting.” And the three of them came out.
5And the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud and stood at the entrance of the tent and called Aaron and Miriam, and they both came forward.
6And he said, “Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the Lord make myself known to him in a vision; I speak with him in a dream.
7Not so with my servant Moses. He is faithful in all my house.
8With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in riddles, and he beholds the form of the Lord. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by hahn(m): 3:09pm On Oct 04, 2015
plappville:

You are acting like Aaron and Miriam. We ought to learn from biblical figures. See what Gods told them.

numbers 12:4-8

4And suddenly the Lord said to Moses and to Aaron and Miriam, “Come out, you three, to the tent of meeting.” And the three of them came out.
5And the Lord came down in a pillar of cloud and stood at the entrance of the tent and called Aaron and Miriam, and they both came forward.
6And he said, “Hear my words: If there is a prophet among you, I the Lord make myself known to him in a vision; I speak with him in a dream.
7Not so with my servant Moses. He is faithful in all my house.
8With him I speak mouth to mouth, clearly, and not in riddles, and he beholds the form of the Lord. Why then were you not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?”

Cool. Since you are such a firm christian please check https://www.nairaland.com/2642573/muslims-christians-how-many-unbelievers and share your testimony grin

1 Like

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Horlufemi(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
oluafolabi:

You prefer to believe that as complicated as man is, he was created through dust in a day rather than believe that he underwent millions and millions of years of evolution?

Evolution doesn't makes sense either.

Man is made up of the elements carbon hydrogen etc. The universe too is made up of elements.

How and why should the universe be taking scientific observations of its self.

Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Horlufemi(m): 3:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
oluafolabi:

I didn't read this well self.

So you mean and complex as man is he was created as blind chance. Let me give you an analogy.

You mean to tell me that if I put all the components of helicopter and one wild wind just comes blows everything into a fully working helicopter.

If you believe man was made by millions of years of evolution your faith in magic strong gidigba. and you should believe in my analogy.

Can you sing me your molecule to man theory once again make I hear you assumptions.
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
Horlufemi:

Repent with all sincerity in your heart first; then confess all your secret sins to Him in prayers and ask for forgiveness, then you can ask Him to reveal Himself to you! Also ask Him to give you the power to do His will and help you live a life pleasing before Him.

That was how I started and once the contact was established through visions and dreams...He gave me the power to overcome my desire to live a sinful and filthy lifestyle!

It's an easy journey but you will have to sacrifice worldly pleasures!
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by plappville(f): 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
hahn:

Cool. Since you are such a firm christian please check https://www.nairaland.com/2642573/muslims-christians-how-many-unbelievers and share your testimony grin

Do u expect me to follow Ur link? Sorry. I stay on this thread.
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by khaynoni(m): 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
I'm here to read what those filled with EVIL lipsrsealed holy spirit have to say.
Re: How Do You Hear From God? by Jtmanager(m): 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Thanks dear! tongue

Sister if e reach u try gt me the link too@
Mrsoloice@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

IS There Any Evidence of Twins And Dwarfs In The Bible Or Koran? / The Deeper Life National Easter Retreat Is Here Again! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.