Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,099 members, 7,842,162 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" (803 Views)

Pictures Of Pope Francis In South Korea / Five-year-olds in Germany Get book detailing Se.x and use of Condoms with Pics / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" by mubaraqqq(f): 3:53am On Mar 18, 2009
The almighty pope has spoken I guess we must listen to him, Pope Benedict said on his way to Africa on Tuesday that "condoms were not the answer in the continent's fight against HIV, You can't resolve it with the distribution of condoms On the contrary, it increases the problem."
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20090317/Pope_africa_090317/20090317?hub=TopStories
Re: Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" by blackspade(m): 4:08am On Mar 18, 2009
rotflmao!!!
Re: Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" by Thadude(m): 6:29am On Mar 18, 2009
This is the most sensible speech i ever heard from a Pope!
Certainly condoms are foolproof, and can actually escalate HIV rather than solving it. The only way out is abstinence or blood test before sex with any lady or guy!, The era of quickie or 5mins sex under pressure is by gone.
Re: Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" by bawomolo(m): 11:41pm On Mar 18, 2009
In an era where people are getting married later and later, the concept of Abstinence isn't exactly that effective either. Widespread distribution of condoms has shown results in thailand and many other countries. The people obviously is playing to the gallery. I find it hilarious the pope won't talk about corruption in Cameron or the market stalls that were destroyed because of his upcoming visit but hey condoms are bad.
Re: Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" by blackspade(m): 9:29am On Mar 19, 2009
I don't understand why an organization with as much money as the Catholic Church doesn't start some type of "grass roots" movement since they're so concerned.

or is this just another case of phony outrage?
Re: Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Mar 19, 2009
GRASSROOTS movement by the catholic church for what? Are you somehow advocating more POWER be given the church in POLITICS? Please let them speak out on the issues that really concern them. It is not the pope's job to do the job alloted to politicians in these countries.

He is simply working on encouraging more and more people to CHOOSE abstinence instead of sex. That is part of the CHRISTIAN belief( if you had any clue). The belief is not based on when you get married or not. It is simply based on the religion which is what he chooses to stand for. simple!!
Re: Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" by blackspade(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2009
No, not really. I was just saying, if they're so concerned, why don't they use some of their loot to spread the word of abstinence across Africa, rather than just talking about it? (like I said, phony outrage?)

To be honest, he should be more worried about his own brethren playing with little boys after church. . .

All in all, I can really care less about what the pope has to say (especially when it comes to Africa).

Btw, asking Africans to practice abstinence while demonizing condoms is nothing short of retarded IMO, but what more can you expect from an aging virgin?
Re: Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" by Kobojunkie: 6:50pm On Mar 19, 2009
blackspade:

No, not really. I was just saying, if they're so concerned, why don't they use some of their loot to spread the word of abstinence across Africa, rather than just talking about it? (like I said, phony outrage?)
I am not exactly sure what is phony outrage in all this. I mean when it comes to SPREADING THE WORD OF ABSTINENCE ACROSS AFRICA, the church already does that. Not sure if you know this but there are thousands of catholic churches across Africa today where abstinence is preached. Does the church now need to spray money for it to PREACH the religion effectively?

blackspade:

To be honest, he should be more worried about his own brethren playing with little boys after church. . .
It is not his place to be more worried about one group over the other. He is simply a pope preaching his belief. It may not sit well with you but you have to understand that it is not based on what you think but on the Christian belief. Should he stop everything because of those whom you refer to as his own brethren playing with little boys in the church? Come on!!

blackspade:

All in all, I can really care less about what the pope has to say (especially when it comes to Africa).
You sure about that??

blackspade:

Btw, asking Africans to practice abstinence while demonizing condoms is nothing short of retarded IMO, but what more can you expect from an aging virgin?
Look, we all have our opinions but at the end of the day, we need to learn to respect the rights of others to believe as they do. The Church was never instituted to teach people what others think, it is to follow the teachings of the religion which includes abstinence. I am going to take it that he is convinced that advocating condoms be used is akin to endorsing pre-marital sex and that is against his belief. You are welcome to go around to every one he preaches to, offer them the condom alternative if you can.
The church is not there to correct problems in society. The church is not there to fix problems created by those society elects to govern. The church is not there to see things as some in society would prefer. The church is simply there to teach the Christian belief and to do things according to the Christian belief. Not sure why anyone would understand that but still demand the church go outside of those boundaries in anyway.
Re: Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" by blacksta(m): 12:25am On Mar 22, 2009
We already have a world where their is little or no moral values left and promiscuity is on the increase. I would rather subscribe that condoms be distributed than none at all.
Re: Pope Benedict Says "you Can't Resolve It With The Distribution Of Condoms" by MandingoII(m): 5:38pm On Mar 22, 2009
THE POPE IS STUPID!!!!

His primitive religious beliefs are BACKWARD!

fugg him!

(1) (Reply)

1,500 Farmers Commit Mass Suicide In India / Obama Birth Certificate Is Fake / Cnn's Fareed Zakaria Apologises, Suspended Over Plagiarism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.