Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,521 members, 7,843,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter (886 Views)

Pictures Of Canaanland And Covenant University's 15MW Gas Plant / Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by DangotePikin: 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
I know there is nothing really special about Twitter verification nowadays, but since it's my school, I will always loud it. @CUHebron is the only Nigerian University verified on Twitter. This is inline with the 1 of 10 vision of our Chancellor. I just admire the drive of the faculties in trying to ensure the vision is a reality!

Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by INTROVERT(f): 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
Good for them.
Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by Unsad(m): 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2015
K
Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by Fairgodwin(m): 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
Let me ask you this question, sir; how many Nigerian Universities have Twitter handle?
Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by AdeniyiA(m): 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2015
what does verification entail and gains??
cc DangotePikin
Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by Tallesty1(m): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
Good for its followers
Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by demmy0325(m): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ok..
Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by Tocheagle(m): 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2015
How can dat help us fight boko haram
Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by DangotePikin: 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
AdeniyiA:
what does verification entail and gains??
cc DangotePikin
The world is now a global village. Accessibility is a very core component of any serious organization. All world class universities have an active social media following. The best channels to showcase their contents online is through a Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and an active website. You can also ask any good web developer why it is important to always have social media icons in all websites. CU wants to be a world class university, the fastest way to achieve that is doing things the way world class uni do things. Twitter is a very important instrument. Even our fathers in the faith like Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi are all on Facebook and Twitter.

This reply was actually for @Fairgodwin

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by ApcSucks: 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
INTROVERT:
Good for them.

Wetin concern us?
Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by DangotePikin: 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
@AdeniyiA

Verification increases the integrity of such account. It implies that all tweets from the handle must be in line with the core values of the University. Before now, if an unfavourable tweet goes viral, claiming to represent the institution, it may easily be denied, but with the blue icon, there is no hiding place for laxity. A verified account also translates to improved security measures for the account.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by Fairgodwin(m): 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2015
DangotePikin:
The world is now a global village. Accessibility is a very core component of any serious organization. All world class universities have an active social media following. The best channels to showcase their contents online is through a Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and an active website. You can also ask any good web developer why it is important to always have social media icons in all websites. CU wants to be a world class university, the fastest way to achieve that is doing things the way world class uni do things. Twitter is a very important instrument. Even our fathers in the faith like Oyedepo, Adeboye, Kumuyi are all on Facebook and Twitter.

This reply was actually for @Fairgodwin

Ok sir, you've made your point YET you didn't answer my question.
And just to digress a bit, NO, Kumuyi doesn't use facebook. He doesn't have any 'official' facebook account, sir.
Thank you!
Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by DangotePikin: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
Fairgodwin:

Ok sir, you've made your point YET you didn't answer my question.
And just to digress a bit, NO, Kumuyi doesn't use facebook. He doesn't have any 'official' facebook account, sir.
Thank you!
Many reliable news sources reported that he denied banning e-Bible through Facebook. Even if he does not use it personally (as the case of many other public figures), it must be people very close to him that manage the accounts. Do you really think Adeboye and Oyedepo are the ones typing in their social media accounts? Take a look at this post some months ago that even made front page https://www.nairaland.com/1815682/pastor-kumuyi-denies-banning-ipads

Concerning your notion that I did not answer your initial question, I was only trying to explain why having official social media accounts is very key for all I.T driven universities in Nigeria. But to answer your question directly, I will say very few universities in Nigeria really update their website daily, not to talk about having Facebook and Twitter accounts. It is high-time NUC even make it a requirement for all Universities. This little things are what are potentially making South-African and Egyptian universities to be ranked higher than ours! The outside world hardly knows what is happening in our schools.
Re: Covenant University Becomes The First Nigerian Uni To Get Verified On Twitter by Fairgodwin(m): 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
DangotePikin:
Many reliable news sources reported that he denied banning e-Bible through Facebook. Even if he does not use it personally (as the case of many other public figures), it must be people very close to him that manage the accounts. Do you really think Adeboye and Oyedepo are the ones typing in their social media accounts? Take a look at this post some months ago that even made front page https://www.nairaland.com/1815682/pastor-kumuyi-denies-banning-ipads

Concerning your notion that I did not answer your initial question, I was only trying to explain why having official social media accounts is very key for all I.T driven universities in Nigeria. But to answer your question directly, I will say very few universities in Nigeria really update their website daily, not to talk about having Facebook and Twitter accounts. It is high-time NUC even make it a requirement for all Universities. This little things are what are potentially making South-African and Egyptian universities to be ranked higher than ours! The outside world hardly knows what is happening in our schools.

That's ALL I wanted to know - that CU is either the only Nigerian University using Twitter or the first (to be using it) out of the 'few' Nigerian Universities using it - so it is understandable if they are the "first" verified Nigerian University.
And you're simply doing what I [would] call "defending your constituency" (since you're a CU student).
Thank you for your time, though.

(1) (Reply)

40 Weird Real Life Facts You May Dismiss For A Fairytale / Osun State Polythechnic (HELP) / Beta Option: Having Hnd Wit Nysc Or Having Bsc Without Nysc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.