Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Can't Connect To Wifi With My Laptop - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can't Connect To Wifi With My Laptop (1029 Views)

Help! My Hspa Universal Modem Refused To Connect To My Pc,but Connects To Others / How Do I Connect To A Local Host Website From Another computer? / How To Connect To the Internet on Your Pc Without Modem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can't Connect To Wifi With My Laptop by EMPERO247(m): 12:23am On Aug 01, 2015
Am trying to connect to WiFi with my laptop...
But it's showing VALIDATING IDENTITY.
Also a notification message is saying that "windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network CHRISOLIKGM"
Help please.... angry

Re: Can't Connect To Wifi With My Laptop by Donald3d(m): 12:27am On Aug 01, 2015
Click on the Start Menu --> Control panel . Step 2 Double click on Network Connections in the pop-up window. Step 3 Right click on wireless network connection, then click on Properties. Step 4 Now click on the Wireless Networks tab and select the network in the list at the bottom.
Click on Properties once you select the wireless network that is having problems. Step 5 Click on the Authentication tab and now uncheck the Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network box. If the box was checked, then that was why you were
getting the “unable to find a certificate to log
you on to the network” message because
Windows is looking for one, but your wireless
router is not setup for certificate security. Step 6 Click on the Connection taband check the Connect when this network is in range box. Step 7 Click on the Association tab and uncheck the ‘The key is provided for me automatically’ box, then choose Network Authentication & Data encryption and type in the Network key according to the wireless settings on your wireless router.
Please contact the technician of your wireless
router if you have no idea about the
information. Step 8 Click on OK and Click on OK again to save your settings. As yet, this problem has been successfully
fixed, Windows can log you on to the network
automatically at once.
EMPERO247:
Am trying to connect to WiFi with my laptop...
But it's showing VALIDATING IDENTITY.
Also a notification message is saying that "windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network CHRISOLIKGM"
Help please.... angry
Click on the Start Menu --> Control panel . Step 2 Double click on Network Connections in the pop-up window. Step 3 Right click on wireless network connection, then click on Properties. Step 4 Now click on the Wireless Networks tab and select the network in the list at the bottom.
Click on Properties once you select the wireless network that is having problems. Step 5 Click on the Authentication tab and now uncheck the Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network box. If the box was checked, then that was why you were
getting the “unable to find a certificate to log
you on to the network” message because
Windows is looking for one, but your wireless
router is not setup for certificate security. Step 6 Click on the Connection taband check the Connect when this network is in range box. Step 7 Click on the Association tab and uncheck the ‘The key is provided for me automatically’ box, then choose Network Authentication & Data encryption and type in the Network key according to the wireless settings on your wireless router.
Please contact the technician of your wireless
router if you have no idea about the
information. Step 8 Click on OK and Click on OK again to save your settings. As yet, this problem has been successfully
fixed, Windows can log you on to the network
automatically at once.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Blogs For Sale - 5k Each / Advance Website Redesign With Mobile Applications / I Want To Buy Instagram Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.