Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,111 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:35 AM

Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries (919 Views)

Oil Swap: Cracks In FG’s Direct Sale Of Refineries’ Crude / Court Order On Reversal Of Electricity Tariff May Lead To Loss Of 10,000 Jobs / NNPC Recommends Sale Of Refineries, Buhari Disagrees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by sambiyi(m): 12:27am On Aug 01, 2015

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has castigated his successor in office, late President Umar Musa Yar’Adua for reversing the sale of the Kaduna and Port Harcourt refineries to a Dangote-led consortium by his administration.
The late president made the cancellation of the privatization of the moribund refineries one of the first things he did immediately he took over power from Obasanjo.
In the second part of an interview he granted Channels TV on Wednesday, Obasanjo, who is speaking publicly on the issue for the first time, accused Yar’Adua of bowing to pressure by some unnamed persons by canceling the said contract.
The ex-president, while justifying some of the claims he made in his controversial three-volume autobiography, My Watch, spoke about his efforts to get people to invest in the oil sector and how the country eventually secured buyers for two of its four refineries.
He said, “Eventually Aliko Dangote led a group that paid $750m for the privatisation of two of the refineries – 51 per cent privatisation – and my successor (Yar’Adua) came (in), he turned it down. In fact, he paid back the money because they (investors) had paid the money.
“And I went to him; I said ‘look, do you know…? And he said well, he did it because of pressure. I said ‘pressure?’, so to you what matters is pressure, not what is in the best interest of Nigerians. I said, but you know it will not work. Then I said in 10 years, if you continue, you would have spent two times the amount that these people had paid and it still would not work. And that is what happened.
“Today those two refineries, you can never make them work. And if we are going to sell them, we would be lucky to get $250m out of them because they have become a huge scrap. Now, why shouldn’t I explain that (in my book)?”

Source:
http://www.gistlinkz.com/2015/07/what-yaradua-told-me-when-i-confronted_31.html?m=1
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by Nobody: 12:30am On Aug 01, 2015
Good
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by sambiyi(m): 12:31am On Aug 01, 2015
Selling Will not add anything to the economy because the buyer will mopolize it.
I wonder when politicians will stop thinking of now and their pocket alone but that of future
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:32am On Aug 01, 2015
Got nothing to say about OBJ again only to sing Fela song basket mouth don come de leak again ooh
Obasanjo don turn vocalist he too de talk anyhow these days, yesterday na Jonathan today na Yar'dua tomorrow who e go be
chorus: we no know ooh

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by jamex93(m): 12:36am On Aug 01, 2015
Some properties r not ment to b sold
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by DahtzFestjayz: 12:40am On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by sigmundfreud(m): 12:40am On Aug 01, 2015
And why didn't OBJ sell the refineries before his last year in office? He could have watched and established the buyers if not that he was also busy milking the oil wells too!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by jomoh: 1:01am On Aug 01, 2015
You people no dey sleep.

Anyways I'll read in the morning. Hopefully I wake up Insha Allah
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by denedene(m): 1:04am On Aug 01, 2015
basketmouth don start to yan again o*singing*

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by Tunguy01(m): 1:14am On Aug 01, 2015
I dnt knw why Pple hate dis baba, nt until u stopped reading his words without sentiment, u will neva understand Dem.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by Adeyinka12(m): 1:40am On Aug 01, 2015
Why don't he do so when he is still the president. Abeg ,obasanjo go and die,you are not useful to the poor.
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 01, 2015
Hmmmm Uncle Shege, kindly allow Jonathan rest for now abeg, before baba BuBu will come knocking at his door.

#EFCC
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by olasmith10(m): 1:57am On Aug 01, 2015
All Obj's claim cannot be completely truthful cos Yar'Adua is no more to say his own part of d story..
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by sammyj: 2:16am On Aug 01, 2015
cool
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by engrjacuzzi: 3:31am On Aug 01, 2015
how do we know if this OBJ is speaking the truth? I feel say OBJ dey nairaland with the rate at which makes too much noise daily.
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by talktimi(m): 3:52am On Aug 01, 2015
Adeyinka12:
Why don't he do so when he is still the president. Abeg ,obasanjo go and die,you are not useful to the poor.
you have the guts to wish death on your fellow human being, can you create even an ordinary ant ? As much as people hate Obj, he's speaking the truth economically. Compare what has been paid out as subsidy claims

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by slimfit1(m): 4:09am On Aug 01, 2015
Well most times Hausa people are fund of making stupid decisions. They killed the railway so that trailers will be roaming our major roads.
Re: Obasanjo Again! What Yar’adua Told Me On Reversal Of Sale Of Refineries by ephemm(m): 4:59am On Aug 01, 2015
Lots of OBJ's haters are families & friends of those he dealt with for corrupt practices and who had nothing to nail Baba back with.

Posterity shall vindicate OBJ if this generation won't.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Wike Busy Working, Haters Are Busy Waiting For Tribunal Ruling. LOL / APC Says Jonathan's Government Looted N11tn, PDP Kicks / Where Is Doyin Okupe Fmr SSA To GEJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.