Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Funny Reasons Tenants Give For Delays In Rent Payment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Funny Reasons Tenants Give For Delays In Rent Payment (1034 Views)

Landlord Blasts Outgoing Tenants Over Toilet Misuse: "Are These Humans Or Pigs?" / 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) / Frustrated Tenants Print Poster For Their Landlord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Reasons Tenants Give For Delays In Rent Payment by gabbytabby: 4:15am On Aug 01, 2015
I just saw a message. Rent is due today but tenant will pay in 4 weeks time cos the insurance company where he left the money will only release it at the end of August. This is coming from a medical doctor grin.

Any other ones to share.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Reasons Tenants Give For Delays In Rent Payment by sentaljohn(m): 4:29am On Aug 01, 2015
oga Landlord, I don package ur money for house, Nazo thief come rob us overnight.. infact, I no get money to chop now...I beg, give me till next year to recover
Re: Funny Reasons Tenants Give For Delays In Rent Payment by gabbytabby: 4:54am On Aug 01, 2015
sentaljohn:
oga Landlord, I don package ur money for house, Nazo thief come rob us overnight.. infact, I no get money to chop now...I beg, give me till next year to recover
grin.
Re: Funny Reasons Tenants Give For Delays In Rent Payment by gabbytabby: 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2015
Another interchange between customs holding goods for over 6 months and giving the rent to someone who had a medial emergency.
Re: Funny Reasons Tenants Give For Delays In Rent Payment by gabbytabby: 10:56am On Oct 05, 2015
gabbytabby:
I just saw a message. Rent is due today but tenant will pay in 4 weeks time cos the insurance company where he left the money will only release it at the end of August. This is coming from a medical doctor grin.

Any other ones to share.

We are now on excuse number 4

1) Confirm will pay when due
2) On due date - Insurance suddenly said they will pay him his investment in 4 weeks time. I guess when he set it up he was unaware of the date.
3) At 6 weeks in planning to pay when he gets his off day.
4) At 7 weeks in pays 400k out of 550k and now his mama is sick. Will pay the balance next month.

I had to change the agent. Had two options moderate Rottweiler caretaker and what I call bad ass Rottweiler lawyers. The bad ass ones get rent paid 3 months in advance or hold possession letter on day of tenancy end with bailiff on hand to do the needful.
Re: Funny Reasons Tenants Give For Delays In Rent Payment by bxcode(m): 11:03am On Oct 05, 2015
gabbytabby:

We are now on excuse number 4
1) Confirm will pay when due
2) On due date - Insurance suddenly said they will pay him his investment in 4 weeks time. I guess when he set it up he was unaware of the date.
3) At 6 weeks in planning to pay when he gets his off day.
4) At 7 weeks in pays 400k out of 550k and now his mama is sick. Will pay the balance next month.
I had to change the agent. Had two options moderate Rottweiler caretaker and what I call bad ass Rottweiler lawyers. The bad ass ones get rent paid 3 months in advance or hold possession letter on day of tenancy end with bailiff on hand to do the needful.
You will save yourself all these stress if you employ the services of Professional Estate Surveyors and Valuers. You won't even need to deal with your tenants directly and you will be assured of your rent with peace of mind. There are professional ways you can handle tenants with minimum occurrences like the ones you have listed.
Let me know if you are interested sir let's talk.
Re: Funny Reasons Tenants Give For Delays In Rent Payment by gabbytabby: 11:17am On Oct 05, 2015
bxcode:

You will save yourself all these stress if you employ the services of Professional Estate Surveyors and Valuers. You won't even need to deal with your tenants directly and you will be assured of your rent with peace of mind. There are professional ways you can handle tenants with minimum occurrences like the ones you have listed.
Let me know if you are interested sir let's talk.

I currently use a firm of real estate lawyers so to speak who end up providing secretarial services by reporting back without taking appropriate action. Leave your name and number and we will carry out checks as appropriate we are now going based on references from clients thanks.
Re: Funny Reasons Tenants Give For Delays In Rent Payment by bxcode(m): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2015
gabbytabby:

I currently use a firm of real estate lawyers so to speak who end up providing secretarial services by reporting back without taking appropriate action. Leave your name and number and we will carry out checks as appropriate we are now going based on references from clients thanks.
Sorry about your experience sir, i agree that what you said is obtainable out there, but i cant speak for other firms apart from ours. The way we do things is quite different and innovative but you wont know what am talking about until you try us out. Here are my contact details:

Agozie Okechukwu
+2347035972067
Agoziemax@yahoo.com
for: Utchay Okorji Associates
Estate Surveyors and Valuers.

(1) (Reply)

8bedroom Duplex (roofed & Plastered) Abandoned House For Sale At Osapa London / Become A Land Owner Through Katawa Properties Ltd / Land,houses For Sale In Ibadan And Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.