Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) (1277 Views)

5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship / Guys, Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Should Be A Baby Daddy. / 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) by Olufhemy(m): 8:33am On Aug 01, 2015
It is undeniable that we all make plans, keep dreams, build mansions,but can't see beyond our noses.
The ultimate question then is:
What becomes of an individual after crossing the bridge?
Many a time we love cetain people (wife;children -of inside & outside;brothers; or at times even friends)so much that harm done to them is like 3rd World War on our hearts.
To ensure therefore, that the love you have for them continues even years after your death, A WILL IS THE SOLUTION.
Many people conceive the error that only old people prepare wills, but then i ask : IS IT ONLY THE OLD THAT DIE? -NO
who then can write a will? EVERYONE OF 18 YEARS AND ABOVE.
To avoid boring you, read below the beauty of writing a will.

1. IT PREVENTS THE INCIDENTS OF CUSTOMARY PRACTICES.
customary practices abound under the various cultures & tribes, such as where you have the wife thrown out & deceased's siblings take over his properties (including those jointly purchased ).
And the poor woman is left stranded.

2. IT ALLOWS THE DECEASED CHOOSE HIS EXECUTORS (those to enforce his will).
The deceased here has the opportunity of reposing his will to the enforcement of a well trusted person (people ) eg a long friend or even corporate bodies eg banks, or even churches.

3. IT ALLOWS THE DECEASED(called a testator) APPOINT GOOD GUARDIANS FOR HIS CHILDREN.
especially where his children are still young.

4. ALLOWS THE TESTATOR DISTRIBUTE HIS PROPERTIES AS HE PLEASES.
The testator has the opportunity to determine who gets what,in what quantity, & for how long, without controversy.

5. ALLOWS THE TESTATOR DISPLAY HIS BENEVOLENCE AND GOODWILL.
as the testator may decide to extend the scope of his distribution to people outside his family, such as creating a scholarship/welfare front for indigent people (as Gani did).

the above are just but a few Reasons why everyone is advised to prepare a will.
A WILL PREPARED TODAY IS NEVER OUTDATED AS IT CAN ALWAYS BE BUILT UPON/MODIFIED.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) by badaoyeyemi(f): 8:36am On Aug 01, 2015
.good point.... I av 2k in ma account ma best friend can av dat ...ma cloth I wanna give it to ma cousin..and ma shoes to go to d less privileged....does it make sense

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) by Olufhemy(m): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2015
badaoyeyemi:
.good point.... I av 2k in ma account ma best friend can av dat ...ma cloth I wanna give it to ma cousin..and ma shoes to go to d less privileged....does it make sense

if you so want it.
Wills though are meant to be WELL documented & Attested to by witnesses.
it doesn't matter that you don't have the whole world yet b4 you can make a will.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) by DrObum(m): 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
My Nairaland account I will to INTROVERT( her ability to make FTC is amazing)

Well, my unpaid PHCN bills, I give to OP! grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) by Iaz93: 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
Who will Seun will nairaland to? undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2015
Iaz93:
Who will Seun will nairaland to? undecided
APC
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) by Olufhemy(m): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
DrObum:
My Nairaland account I will to INTROVERT( her ability to make FTC is amazing)

Well, my unpaid PHCN bills, I give to OP! grin grin

Abeg you no fit share liability.
infact hold your will biko.
wen i no be chelsea wey collect falcao.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) by DrObum(m): 7:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
Olufhemy:

Abeg you no fit share liability.
infact hold your will biko.
wen i no be chelsea wey collect falcao.
Hahahahahaha

Make Chelsea fans catch you!
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) by mystiqueDZ(f): 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2015
Tell a man of 40 plus to do a will and he will Jkabash' for u grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) by Olufhemy(m): 9:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
Tell a man of 40 plus to do a will and he will Jkabash' for u grin

That's why this put-up should be enlightening.
otherwise,a student advised to read but who gets to class /library to sleep, will reap his reward in due time.
Re: 5 Reasons Why You Should Write Your Will (now) by Olufhemy(m): 4:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
if things like this don't make front page & things like keke napep sleeper does, then i fear obasanjo was right when he said 'if you want to keep things from a Nigerian, write it in a book '.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious: Man Sues Neighbour He Paid To Get His Wife Pregnant After 72 Unsucces / Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans / This Is Serious Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.