Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Why I Accompanied Mrs Saraki To EFCC – Sen. Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Accompanied Mrs Saraki To EFCC – Sen. Melaye (522 Views)

Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Trial Today (photos) / Names Of Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Yesterday....... [29 In All] / Sule Lamido & Sons, Accompanied By Prison Officials On Their Way To Kano Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Accompanied Mrs Saraki To EFCC – Sen. Melaye by kazmanbanjoko(m): 11:42am On Aug 01, 2015
SENATOR Dino Melaye, yesterday, explained that he accompanied Toyin, wife of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, to the headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, last Tuesday because he wanted to know the level of culpability in the allegation against her by her petitioners.
Melaye, who is the Chairman, Senate Ad-hoc Committee on Media and Publicity, said he only went to the anti-graft office in his capacity as an independent investigator.
The lawmaker, who represents Kogi West Senatorial zone in the Senate, said in a press statement, in Abuja, that his explanation became necessary, following the barrage of attacks and criticisms he had so far received from his “brothers, sisters and fellow citizens” since Tuesday, when he was sighted accompanying Mrs Saraki to the headquarters of the commission in Abuja.
Melaye, who said he had no regret nor apology to anyone for his action, debunked insinuations in some quarters that he may have been one of the beneficiaries of the contracts in which the former Kwara State First Lady was being accused of misdeeds.
He said he had never executed any government’s contract, either at the local, state or federal government level in his life, and challenged anybody who will controvert his position to provide evidence.
Melaye, in the statement entitled: “Stand up for what you believe in regardless of the popularity or acceptance of your belief”, also revealed that his visit to the commission’s office along with the Senate President’s wife was a personal sacrifice aimed at preventing the commission from being compromised through influence by desperate politicians.
He said: “The invitation of Mrs. Toyin Saraki by the EFCC, however, is not a criminal indictment. I will not abandon my friend because of mere EFCC invitation. I also went there as a private investigator and an anti-corruption crusader to find out the extent of culpability of my sister and friend since she was not told the content of the petition against her before her appearance before the EFCC.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/why-i-accompanied-mrs-saraki-to-efcc-sen-melaye/

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Why I Accompanied Mrs Saraki To EFCC – Sen. Melaye by DahtzFestjayz: 11:42am On Aug 01, 2015
Ashawo. Woman wrapper. Follow her like twitter and end up having HIV,STD and fever *my rap rhymes sha*
Re: Why I Accompanied Mrs Saraki To EFCC – Sen. Melaye by ULSHERLAN(m): 11:52am On Aug 01, 2015
Must you tell us why

Our politicians should learn not to throw stones at every dog that barks.

Learn from PMB
Re: Why I Accompanied Mrs Saraki To EFCC – Sen. Melaye by henchamb(m): 11:54am On Aug 01, 2015
Private investigator
private punny ko
Re: Why I Accompanied Mrs Saraki To EFCC – Sen. Melaye by nikkiking(m): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
We all know that, if u not intentionally doing it to gain access to her p***sy.

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Traffic Foreign Currencies, CBN Warns Nigerian Banks / 5 Things You Must Learn From Yesterdays Community Shield | Arsenal Vs Chelsea / Obasanjo In Secret Visit To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.