Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,797 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

USA: The Force Behind The Rise And Rise Of Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / USA: The Force Behind The Rise And Rise Of Boko Haram (478 Views)

The Rise And Fall Of Nnamdi Kanu By Shaka Momodu / Lawan Jafar: First Man To Inspire The Rise Of Civilian JTF In Borno / The Rise and Shameful Fall Of Nnamdi Kanu (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

USA: The Force Behind The Rise And Rise Of Boko Haram by ugwuozorc: 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2015
The United States government hates bullying, but if you ask me who the world’s biggest bully is, my answer would be “the US government.”

They are the self-acclaimed world police and judge.
Spreading around their influences and policies, wanted and unwanted, on weaker nations.

Why have the US government refused to sell arms to
Nigeria knowing well about our fight against terrorism.

They claim to be on the same page with us on the war
against terror yet, they (American government) are
making it almost impossible for Nigeria military to
procure arms to combat the extremist Boko Haram sect wreaking havoc in Nigeria’s North-East region.

They backed up their refusal to sell arms to Nigeria on what Pres. Buhari described as “unproven allegations of human rights violations.” (The Leahy law)

In Buhari’s words, I dare to say that the application of the Leahy law amendment by the U. S. Government has aided and abated the Boko Haram terrorist group in the prosecution of its extremist ideology and hate, the indiscriminate killings and maiming of civilians, in raping of women and girls, and in their other heinous crimes.

Though he has dismissed as off-the-mark, various
interpretations given to his speech, I don’t think he was far from the truth.

But if for instance, the Nigerian Army are guilty of (an
unconfirmed) human right violations, I am pretty sure that the US government must have heard of the term “lesser of two evils principle.”

Just maybe they haven’t; the lesser of two evils principle (or lesser evil principle) is the principle that when faced with selecting from two unpleasant options, the one which is least harmful should be chosen. (Wikipedia)

CONTINUE READING :

www.okeoghenesapele.com/politics/usa-the-force-behind-the-rise-and-rise-of-boko-haram/
Re: USA: The Force Behind The Rise And Rise Of Boko Haram by Warldbest(m): 1:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
Re: USA: The Force Behind The Rise And Rise Of Boko Haram by donbrowser(m): 1:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
OK oh

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Photos - In My Opinion Bold Move! / Grand Reception In Honour Of Femi Adesina & Others. / Help Me Choose One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.