Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,065 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight (35948 Views)

ILE IFE ' Olojo Festival 2017' - Pictures / Igbo Language Teaching Centres In Ile-Ife, Osun State Launched / Ooni Ogunwusi Observing Eld Prayers In Ile-Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by saintgoogle(m): 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
espn:
Balogun is not the head of hunters..OLU--ODE is the head of hunters while Balogun is a WARLORD.
Ile ife doesn't have a balogun
We have an Akogun instead
They ve done hos burial today
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Agalasis1(m): 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2015
Well,I'm stil in Ife/Modakeke.
I'm nt a yoruba,yet I've got notin to fear or worry abt.
The bitter true is dat sm human organisms wld be used 4 rituals,though many of us may nt know and even the traditionalists wl deny it...
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by freecocoa(f): 8:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
Just imagine, in this 21st century and we wonder why backwardness is still prevalent in this country.

3 Likes

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by bezimo(m): 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2015
So people in the west still worship demons and devils in the name of tradition in this 21st century.
Are they not aware that there is a strong correlation between Idol/demon worship and backwardness.What a people!!!!
it seems to me they have vowed under an oath never to progress and move forward as a people.

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Frankmiles: 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
victorazy:

Good for them my sister.
White ppl are there advancing in technology black man is here na-agba Oro undecided wept for africa.
give me a break. what has traditions got to do with technological advancement. traditions are traditions it should be preserved and maintained till eternity be it the 27th century it most go on. . . the whites you refer to have a tradition called hallowen. doesn't it still exist?

2 Likes

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by chat2deen(m): 8:25pm On Aug 01, 2015
Oro Babawo!
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
Yoloba...#TeamFetish

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by walemoney007(m): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
freecocoa:
Just imagine, in this 21st century and we wonder why backwardness is still prevalent in this country.
trash! Ao d oro festival and d backwardness of Nigeria tak connect wit each oda som of una go just dey typ nonsense undecided
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by PearlStreet(m): 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2015
bezimo:
So people in the west still worship demons and devils in the name of tradition in this 21st century.
Are they not aware that there is a strong correlation between Idol/demon worship and backwardness.What a people!!!!
it seems to me they have vowed under an oath never to progress and move forward as a people.

The most advanced countries in the world have atheistic leanings. These are places that if you get a visa to, you would share testimonies in church.

Don't let your ignorance, bigotry and tribalism blind you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by rigarmortis: 8:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
jammani:
Alhamdulilah I am a Muslim

Aand being a muslim is better?
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by chimichael05: 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2015
When will they stop this useless tradition in Yoruba land. God will never have mercy upon them if they use anybody as sacrifice

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by ManTiger(m): 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
[size=40pt]Oro?

What is Oro?

Some young to middle aged adult full unclad and hovering a traditional device that make sound!

Happy Oro to the people of Ile Ife.[/size]

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by MrMcJay(m): 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
bezimo:

I don't know where you are from, but it isn't as developed as Lagos. In metropolitan Lagos, Oro is still a big festival.

In Oniru for instance, they still have their festivals. When an King dies, there are traditions to be observed as the Oba is a traditional ruler.

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Acidosis(m): 9:13pm On Aug 01, 2015
The funny thing is the bast.ards conducting the useless diabolical ritual would go to church tomorrow.
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by misterh(m): 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2015
Acidosis:
The funny thing is the bast.ards conducting the useless diabolical ritual would go to church tomorrow.
What makes you think they're Christians? These people worship their gods which isn't the Christian god or the Muslims'. Yet, you say they'll go to church tomorrow.

They haven't offended you and you call them bast.ards and you also call their religious practice useless. Is this what 'civilization' is about?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Max24: 9:38pm On Aug 01, 2015
KIRIJI:
what is unfortunate about it? Yoruba tradition dictates that when the Oro procession is ongoing, strangers, women, and non-initiates remain indoors. Is that a tough call?

As cosmopolitan as Ikeja, the capital of Lagos state is, when the late Olu of Ikeja Oba Rauf Matemi Amore died, wasnt the Oro procession observed? When the late Ayangbure of Ikorodu died was the Eleuku Diety not brought out in broad day light? Please give me a break.
So, whats their significance? Will that bring back the dead kings?

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Max24: 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2015
saxywale:

what is the economic benefit of the white smoke when a new pope is elected
You are comparing apples with stones. Which school u go sef? We are talking of oro that encourage human sacrifice and u are talking about white smoke that threatens no-one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by efficiencie(m): 9:55pm On Aug 01, 2015
silly traditions that have taken us nowhere...I don't blame them.I blame Christians who are very much asleep and while they sleep the adversary is sowing tares among the wheat...

2 Likes

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by ibukun147(m): 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
Samething happened in babcock today...women restricted from going out(oro)...thanks to PHCN...they saved the boredom
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 01, 2015
At 21st Century? somebody should tell those morons to embrace the God almighty.

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by onyxo76(m): 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2015
who cares...redeem camp is the place to be now...by time they are through with 7 days festival i would have been richly blessed by various teaching from anointed men of God..
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by Mekky05(m): 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2015
This people and rituals and juju stuffs are like butter on bread. To think that Winners,Redeem,Deeper Life,Mountain of fire,Four square and others are of Yoruba origin speaks a lot. Can't they LIBERATE their own people from the Devils shackles?

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by tuffgongjo(m): 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2015
PPAngel:
Sophisticated heathens
Better than Sophisticated Ignorants.

2 Likes

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by peeta89(m): 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ladies are prone to attacks of different sorts. May God protect dem all. I don't av a sister so I feel for them.

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by tuffgongjo(m): 10:22pm On Aug 01, 2015
chesterlee:
This is very wrong and violates women right...

I condemn this archaic practice
Call your Lawyer.
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by tuffgongjo(m): 10:24pm On Aug 01, 2015
kareem129:
what about olosho people?
Bad Market.
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by destinysaid(m): 10:26pm On Aug 01, 2015
Many ppl here just spewing Out nonsense..... While as a christian I do condemn d ritual aspect, I blive tradition should be preserved, d Halloween every november, isn't it a traditional celebration? Are americans nt still advanced ? D indians hv theirs gods nt 1 or two yet dey beta pass us, even d chinese ppl n japanese are light yrs ahead of us, these ppl practice TRADITIONAL things and are advanced.

To those equating tradition to backwardness I pity ur generation, na ppl like una na no go teach ur children ur own language opting for d white man's english.

To d tribal bigot, continue o, una o tell me weda d east and north no get traditional festivals and rituals wey una dey do.......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by porka: 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2015
Max24:

You are comparing apples with stones. Which school u go sef? We are talking of oro that encourage human sacrifice and u are talking about white smoke that threatens no-one.

[size=13pt]What do you make of this statement?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Actually, human sacrifice is one of the evil that Satan himself invented. Some people who seek power feel they must shed human blood, it's all over the world not restricted to Africa. Others are only discreet about it.

Be that as it may, preservation of African culture should exclude human sacrifices. It is a satanic practice. The land will not be cleansed by human blood, the land will be ACURSED.

The revered Awujale of Ijebuland has been at the forefront of campaign to discourage ancient traditional practices that have no benefit to the society, he has made giant strides in that regard. May God bless him.. Other monarchs should join him in the task of ridding Yorubaland of these practices wherever they are still being observed. [/size]

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by tuffgongjo(m): 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2015
Acidosis:
Like say some pastors don't patronize them.

1 Like

Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by victorazy(m): 10:43pm On Aug 01, 2015
Frankmiles:
give me a break. what has traditions got to do with technological advancement. traditions are traditions it should be preserved and maintained till eternity be it the 27th century it most go on. . . the whites you refer to have a tradition called hallowen. doesn't it still exist?

Oya na! Let culture wipe out Boko for us
Re: All Ile-ife Women Restricted Indoors Tonight by ibolomo(m): 10:45pm On Aug 01, 2015
Ayameze2015:
That nansense can't happen here in atlantic ocean! Damn woodaafurq
you be mami water ni? In the atlantic.... Wannabe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Igbinedion Brothers At The Wedding Of Ewamade Igbinedion, Their Sister / Ooni Ogunwusi Performs Olokun On Philadelphia Bridge,USA(pics / South African Black Females r the Most Refined n elegant Black Girls in d world!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.