Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,576 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Is God Dead? Episode 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is God Dead? Episode 1 (514 Views)

The Graduate's Story: A True Life Story Episode 1 / [must Read]: How Life Dealt With Me On Campus [episode 1] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is God Dead? Episode 1 by sundayerhun(m): 7:17pm On Aug 01, 2015
IS GOD DEAD? Episode One

Lecture Theatre. John and Sam sits at the back.

JOHN: The doctor says my mum won't survive the cancer.

SAM: Oh! I still believe there's nothing God can't do.

JOHN: Which God?

SAM: God Almighty.

JOHN: (hisses) God? Has he been deaf ever since? Why hasn't he healed her? If that guy is not heartless, then he must be dead.

SAM: John! That's blasphemy. God isn't happy what you just said.

JOHN: I don't care what a dead person thinks. He is just an overhyped fiction.

SAM: God is going to surprise you by healing your mother.

JOHN: That's all.gibberish!

John's phone rings.

..........to be continued.
Re: Is God Dead? Episode 1 by sundayerhun(m): 11:24am On Aug 02, 2015
IS GOD DEAD? Episode Two

John answers the phone call.

JOHN: Oh no! (he drops the phone violently)

SAM: John, what is it?

JOHN: My mum's dead.

SAM: Oh my God!

JOHN: Will you just shut up! Which God? You said he was going to heal my mum, but my mum just died. He is freaking dead.

SAM: I can only imagine your pain, but God isn't dead. He's alive, and he is in charge.

JOHN: And he let my mother die, that's crap. There can't be an all-powerful God and there is so much pain in the world. War, famine, diseases - there can't possibly be a God!

SAM: He is all-knowing, and He knows best for us.

JOHN: Losing my mum is God's best for me?

SAM: You really never can tell.

John lands a heavy punch on Sam's nose and blood flows.

SAM: What?

JOHN: That's God's best for you too, right?

..............to be continued.
Re: Is God Dead? Episode 1 by sundayerhun(m): 7:49am On Aug 13, 2015
God's Not Dead (Episode Three)

SAM: John, evil things may happen to us, but they do not eliminate the truth of the existence of God. He wisely orchestrates our lives, all things working together for our good.

JOHN: Good? There is no good in this world: earthquakes are happening here and there, and this is the earth the supposed God made. It's laughable! Varieties of diseases here and there claiming the lives of even innocent children, and you'll say He has power to heal. How ironic!

SAM: Listen, John

JOHN: I'm still talking, please! Terrorism in a world where there is a powerful God? It's all rubbish! War and poverty: there is no damn supreme being! God is not.

SAM: Have you seen people with 'bushy' hair before?

JOHN: Yes, how does that relate?

JOHN: Are there no barbershops with a baber?

JOHN: And so?

SAM: Why then do their hair remain 'bushy'?

JOHN: They've not entered into the barbershop.

SAM: Good. That people's hair are rough do not mean the barber is dead.

................. to be continued!

(1) (Reply)

The Chronicle Of A Random Sense 1 / Between Life And Death / National Library Or National Embarrassment By Mr Rights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.