Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,547 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times (58308 Views)

Diezani Alison-madueke, Arrested In London - Premium Times / Oba Sijuwade And Chief Obafemi Awolowo (Throwback Photo) / Oba Sijuwade’s Place In History Is Assured, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by JuanDeDios: 2:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
macof:

Are you sure you are OK? Where did you see human sacrifice?
Why do you people like to lie against african traditions?
What is Oro? Is it going on at Ife now? Why did the Hausa community rise up in anger at Shagamu years back after one of them was murdered by Oro practitioners with some "chiefs" coming out to defend the practice on TV? Why do you people like to lie about African traditions? Are you a civilised person or you and the murdering cultists of Ife and Shagamu and elsewhere should be consgined to caves where you seem to belong?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by macof(m): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
I'm pretty sure its a good culture to kill people for sacrifice right? Hmm its a very good culture, maybe u shld offer urself to them. Do u knw hw many peoples blood they've used?

Give one good example of human sacrifice in our culture

either you are a dumb liar or you just don't know what Culture is
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by macof(m): 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2015
JuanDeDios:

What is Oro? Is it going on at Ife now? Why did the Hausa community rise up in anger at Shagamu years back after one of them was murdered by Oro practitioners with some "chiefs" coming out to defend the practice on TV? Why do you people like to lie about African traditions? Are you a civilised person or you and the murdering cultists of Ife and Shagamu and elsewhere should be consgined to caves where you seem to belong?

See how stupid you are? I ask for examples of human sacrifice not sentence to a crime. .
The same oro practitioners Annonce the commencement of the ritual before time and order people to stay away. ..

If you think you own the land more than the landlords come out and surely when you break the law you get punished. ..ignorance is no excuse

Customary laws are a bit of the constitution btw
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by maskengy: 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
My oba has gone.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by macof(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
samueld0:

Bury for where? They will only bury the remaining part of his body after removing all what they needed from his body(eg Heart, liver, intestine, the skull etc)

Only heart and skull are removed
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by JuanDeDios: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
macof:

See how stupid you are? I ask for examples of human sacrifice not sentence to a crime. .
The same oro practitioners Annonce the commencement of the ritual before time and order people to stay away. ..

If you think you own the land more than the landlords come out and surely when you break the law you get punished. ..ignorance is no excuse

Customary laws are a bit of the constitution btw

So it's about land ownership now. I see you even know know the constitution. It's okay to send out the town crier to announce that people should stay indoors at night in a supposedly free society against constitutional provisions for freedom of movement. Then people passing through the town at night and aren't privy to such announcements and even residents returning late from work can be relieved of their heads--against constitutional provisions for the right to life. I am citing the constitution because I suspect it might fly more with you than any appeals to common decency since you feel no revulsion at murder if it's sanctioned by tradition.

But you already answered me: you said ignorance is no excuse.

I don't know why you quoted my post anyway. I said decent people everywhere will look down on you with this your yeye tradition - why does that make you feel bad? You are a proud practitioner of these cults that carry out human sacrifice of people who get caught by ignorance which is no excuse; why not, at least, permit the rest of us our prerogative to hold you in contempt?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by macof(m): 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
dyabman:

Abi oo with all their juju which is equal to evil to me... Juju does nothing but evil not a bit of goodness init. smiley<

You've been making ridiculous comments through out this thread. If you hate being African so much why not commit suicide?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by macof(m): 3:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
JuanDeDios:

So it's about land ownership now. I see you even know know the constitution. It's okay to send out the town crier to announce that people should stay indoors at night in a supposedly free society against constitutional provisions for freedom of movement. Then people passing through the town at night and aren't privy to such announcements and even residents returning late from work can be relieved of their heads--against constitutional provisions for the right to life. I am citing the constitution because I suspect it might fly more with you than any appeals to common decency since you feel no revulsion at murder if it's sanctioned by tradition.

But you already answered me: you said ignorance is no excuse.

I don't know why you quoted my post anyway. I said decent people everywhere will look down on you with this your yeye tradition - why does that make you feel bad? You are a proud practitioner of these cults that carry out human sacrifice of people who get caught by ignorance which is no excuse; why not, at least, permit the rest of us our prerogative to hold you in contempt?

Obviously when you meet urself in a foreign land best you mind your business and obey the laws. . Staying away from the oro is law
If you feel you are invincible and hard headed break the law and deal with the consequences

Everybody knows there are limitations to rights like movement

Again in ur stupidity you accuse yoruba traditions of human sacrifice without given a good example of one. . Mr. You have no case
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by JuanDeDios: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
macof:

Obviously when you meet urself in a foreign land best you mind your business and obey the laws. . Staying away from the oro is law
If you feel you are invincible and hard headed break the law and deal with the consequences

Everybody knows there are limitations to rights like movement

Again in ur stupidity you accuse yoruba traditions of human sacrifice without given a good example of one. . Mr. You have no case
I have not labeled Yoruba traditions and insults don't make you smart. Law? You say there is a law anywhere in Nigeria that allows you to ask people to say indoors and nip off the head of anyone found outside? Some of you should ask your schools to refund your fees.

And who talked about being invincible? You can't articulate an argument if your life depends on it.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by tpiander: 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
dyabman:

from mecca or from heaven

from Ife.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by Kennedyiheme: 4:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
macof:

Give one good example of human sacrifice in our culture

either you are a dumb liar or you just don't know what Culture is
why d insults nman? Can't people get into arguments with u guys on this forum without insults, so immature.....there's a particular place in ogun state I used to live, they killed a woman I knw, used her for sacrifice, she was comin from somewere late, I dnt knw if u live in lagos or london to say such tins don't happen,and yes its not culture its stupidity, with all this ritual,most nigerians are still poor, whts the benefit pls? Africans tend to overdo things, for example the white man brought chritianity, but we seem to be so zealous than them in the practise, where has that led us? Where people are meant to use constructive reasoning they'll run to tradition or religion.....if u blive so much in tradition, why hasn't oduduwa stopped boko haram in nigeria? I tot tradition matter? Why didn't the native doctors in the ooni's palace treat him, they had to send him to the western world, neglecting there cultural practise, if the culture was so important, why didn't they treat him in his palace, u talk abt halloween, halloween isn't only practised in america, some people do it here in nigeria, halloween is a practise used in remembering the saints and the dead, I wonder wht connection it has with the fallacy u call traditiion, I will advice africans to forget all dis rubbish for now and focus on the things that matters the most....elcttricity, goof economy, secuirity, etc..

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
sweetgala:

Ilari are palace servants and task officers who look after the king and palace. They have a distinctive shaven head pattern

Some of them are old and very knowledgeable on culture and traditions

I see those things only in movies o. Palace guards with distinct hair cuts and uniforms. I thought they do not exist anymore.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by tpiander: 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2015
^Maam quit the thread if you have no meaningful contribution.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2015
bodashee:

I see those things only in movies o. Palace guards with distinct hair cuts and uniforms. I thought they do not exist anymore.
They don't dress or shave their head like that all through the year. Only on olojo festival. They are popularly called lokoloko.

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by dyabman(m): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
macof:

You've been making ridiculous comments through out this thread. If you hate being African so much why not commit suicide?

Practicing juju doesn't make you African it makes you dark , very dark indeed.

I don't practice nor believe in juju , does that makes me un-African ? Mind you I never hated being African .. Africa is sweet !! But juju is ridiculous as it sounds grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by oderemo(m): 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2015
Kennedyiheme:
why d insults nman? Can't people get into arguments with u guys on this forum without insults, so immature.....there's a particular place in ogun state I used to live, they killed a woman I knw, used her for sacrifice, she was comin from somewere late, I dnt knw if u live in lagos or london to say such tins don't happen,and yes its not culture its stupidity, with all this ritual,most nigerians are still poor, whts the benefit pls? Africans tend to overdo things, for example the white man brought chritianity, but we seem to be so zealous than them in the practise, where has that led us? Where people are meant to use constructive reasoning they'll run to tradition or religion.....if u blive so much in tradition, why hasn't oduduwa stopped boko haram in nigeria? I tot tradition matter? Why didn't the native doctors in the ooni's palace treat him, they had to send him to the western world, neglecting there cultural practise, if the culture was so important, why didn't they treat him in his palace, u talk abt halloween, halloween isn't only practised in america, some people do it here in nigeria, halloween is a practise used in remembering the saints and the dead, I wonder wht connection it has with the fallacy u call traditiion, I will advice africans to forget all dis rubbish for now and focus on the things that matters the most....elcttricity, goof economy, secuirity, etc..
Couldn't have said it better if we don't challenge tradition/culture we are going to be cocooned in our shell and not evolve. I am totally against this human sacrifice for fellow human, its so silly. One oba died and we line up two hundred heads, I just don't see why the dead obas relatives are not the one lining up to follow there fada. At least they benefited most when he was alive.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by disumusa: 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Welcome sir. You are dead, but your manhood will live on.

**sobbing**
like that of ojuku according to jonathan wife
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by tpiander: 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
oderemo:

Couldn't have said it better if we don't challenge tradition/culture we are going to be cocooned in our shell and not evolve. I am totally against this human sacrifice for fellow human, its so silly. One oba died and we line up two hundred heads, I just don't see why the dead obas relatives are not the one lining up to follow there fada. At least they benefited most when he was alive.

the Oba is a born again Christian, i think your imaginations are all in your head.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by macof(m): 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
dyabman:

Practicing juju doesn't make you African it makes you dark , very dark indeed.

I don't practice nor believe in juju , does that makes me un-African ? Mind you I never hated being African .. Africa is sweet !! But juju is ridiculous as it sounds grin

Juju is african
It's our way ...our technology. The fact that to u it is evil but using technology that haven't been of African origin is holy shows u aren't proud of yourself
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by dyabman(m): 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
macof:

Juju is african
It's our way ...our technology. The fact that to u it is evil but using technology that haven't been of African origin is holy shows u aren't proud of yourself

Myself ? Are you juju ? is your name Juju ? angry
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
saxywale:

They don't dress or shave their head like that all through the year. Only on olojo festival. They are popularly called lokoloko.

Wow. Quite revealing. I had no idea about all these.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by macof(m): 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Kennedyiheme:

They used her for sacrifice and you were there to confirm this sacrificial act?
Some people murder someone and you are quick to conclude it's a cultural act? How dumb are you really?

Why don't you condemn the Halloween, October Fest and other western cultures? Just because something is african It's evil and the cause of ur miserable conditions?

Have you sort traditional means to resolve ur problems ever? Has the Nigerian state resorted to traditional means to combating terror? Stop blaming traditions for ur miserable conditions. ..especially when you don't employ them. ..

Clearly you can see its a disgrace to have an Ooni leave Yorubaland...Talk less of die outside it.
It's part of what we are saying. ..No respect for traditions. ..if Sijuwade was a fully grounded traditional man which an Oba is supposed to be, he would employ traditional means and trust in them. ..after all ancestors survived and built great nations

You said it yourself. ..people practice halloween in Nigeria (certainly few copy cats who only wish to be Americans. ..low esteemed wannabes)
They have halloween. ..we have Oro. .. let us all respect our cultures as we strive to build better standards for ourselves
The must cultural people are the happiest people...good for mutual coexistence
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by macof(m): 6:17pm On Aug 02, 2015
JuanDeDios:

I have not labeled Yoruba traditions and insults don't make you smart. Law? You say there is a law anywhere in Nigeria that allows you to ask people to say indoors and nip off the head of anyone found outside? Some of you should ask your schools to refund your fees.

And who talked about being invincible? You can't articulate an argument if your life depends on it.

Obviously you lack knowledge and worse, good comprehension.

If you think you are superman break the law of coming out when oro is underway.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by macof(m): 6:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
oderemo:

Challenge them based on western culture?

Why all these lies? Where have you seen 200 heads line up for a dead Oba?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by BERNIMOORE: 6:35pm On Aug 02, 2015
Realisticman:
I like tradition but there are some that modernisation has rendered useless. If the palace chiefs are the only ones permitted to announce his death, then they should have equipped the palace with the most sophisticated hospital on earth whereby the palace chiefs will be made to read medicine so that an Oyinbo doctor will not be the first to actually announce the death of the Ooni.

The truth is that the death of the likes of Oba like sijuwade, sources said that tradition demands that alledgedly 7 people must be buried with him, and so if an Oba like that died, the Chiefs would have ensured that people numbering up to seven or more are captured before the cheifs deem it fit announcing the death of oba! and if ifa rejects some of those captured, there will still be an Oro or curfew imposed, and anyone ignorant and caught will be smuggled to the palace to be alledgedly buried with Oba. the chiefs dont ever say oba died but oba-waja!
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by Realisticman: 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
BERNIMOORE:

The truth is that the death of the likes of Oba like sijuwade, sources said that tradition demands that alledgedly 7 people must be buried with him, and so if an Oba like that died, the Chiefs would have ensured that people numbering up to seven or more are captured before the cheifs deem it fit announcing the death of oba! and if ifa rejects some of those captured, there will still be an Oro or curfew imposed, and anyone ignorant and caught will be smuggled to the palace to be alledgedly buried with Oba. the chiefs dont ever say oba died but oba-waja!
If truly they still uphold this culture, they are as culpable as those killing twins .
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by Kennedyiheme: 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2015
macof:

They used her for sacrifice and you were there to confirm this sacrificial act?
Some people murder someone and you are quick to conclude it's a cultural act? How dumb are you really?

Why don't you condemn the Halloween, October Fest and other western cultures? Just because something is african It's evil and the cause of ur miserable conditions?

Have you sort traditional means to resolve ur problems ever? Has the Nigerian state resorted to traditional means to combating terror? Stop blaming traditions for ur miserable conditions. ..especially when you don't employ them. ..

Clearly you can see its a disgrace to have an Ooni leave Yorubaland...Talk less of die outside it.
It's part of what we are saying. ..No respect for traditions. ..if Sijuwade was a fully grounded traditional man which an Oba is supposed to be, he would employ traditional means and trust in them. ..after all ancestors survived and built great nations

You said it yourself. ..people practice halloween in Nigeria (certainly few copy cats who only wish to be Americans. ..low esteemed wannabes)
They have halloween. ..we have Oro. .. let us all respect our cultures as we strive to build better standards for ourselves
The must cultural people are the happiest people...good for mutual coexistence
really man how did your parents bring u up? Must you insult? Anyways I hope when u and your house hold develope a sickness u'll run to ifa's house, so at this time the world has gotten to you belive ur culture can stop boko haram? Please don't quote me again, even if u do I won't reply u, its obvious you are not learned, u shld still be in the stone age, go back to 1895
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by JuanDeDios: 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
macof:

Obviously you lack knowledge and worse, good comprehension.

If you think you are superman break the law of coming out when oro is underway.
You first response to me was an attempt to deflect - "Where did you see human sacrifice" or something like that. That shows the moral part of you know it's WRONG. But your slavish adherence to what you perversely consider your tradition won't let you speak truth to the matter. That makes you a moral dwarf who is beneath a worm. You argument has been shown up for what it is, now you have resorted to the refrain of daring me to go out during oro as if that is what this is all about.

They once sacrificed people in Europe. You know when they did it last? Many hundreds of years ago. But Macof says it's okay in 2015 as long as it's ignorant people who get caught. Shame.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by sainty2k3(m): 9:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
IYANGBALI:
na that age the thing dey work pass self
Really! shocked u are talking from experience abi?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by IYANGBALI: 9:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
sainty2k3:

Really! shocked u are talking from experience abi?
yes now
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by macof(m): 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
JuanDeDios:

You first response to me was an attempt to deflect - "Where did you see human sacrifice" or something like that. That shows the moral part of you know it's WRONG. But your slavish adherence to what you perversely consider your tradition won't let you speak truth to the matter. That makes you a moral dwarf who is beneath a worm. You argument has been shown up for what it is, now you have resorted to the refrain of daring me to go out during oro as if that is what this is all about.

They once sacrificed people in Europe. You know when they did it last? Many hundreds of years ago. But Macof says it's okay in 2015 as long as it's ignorant people who get caught. Shame.

Mr . Man if the punishment for a crime is a death sentence imposed by the state who is vested with the authority by the people , should the set punishment be set aside because of you?

The yoruba people have no problem with the rules around the oro. ..its law. . Even as we are in Nigeria. ..customary law is recognized
So again am telling you that you have no case. ..if you come out during oro whatever you see you will bare on your own.

If you don't like that, stay off the land
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Oba Sijuwade’s Body Arrives Palace From London – Premium Times by Kennedyiheme: 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
JuanDeDios:

please ignore him, he is one of those traditional bigots, when the western world are developing, some set of idiots are still doing oro, in "2015". He doesn't even know how to give constructive points, he just keep insulting, I already told him to return to 1865

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo: Fayose Takes Full Page Advert To Slam Buhari’s 6-month Rule / "Tope Adebutu Said Obasanjo's Daughters Are Prostitutes" - Taiwo Obasanjo / Sgt Torsobo Solomon Arrested In Connection With Attack On NDA, Kaduna - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.