Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1222950 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 6:59am On Aug 22, 2015
rydeorsail:
i have been monitoring these thread for awhile
quick questions.

1.)can you walk into a bank in USA and deposit naira?
if thats because its naira .ok
2.) Can you walk into a bank in the UK and deposit US dollar.

These are the question we must ask and be sincer to our self..instead of been so selfish

The only way naira can apprecaite in value is if we ourself(look inward) and support the programme.

Which programme and which people are selfish? Gullible Nigerians; always comparing US/UK to Nigeria when government is messing up the system but would harldy compare US/UK to Nigeria when it does not favour them.
Bank rate is higher than the parallel market and you saw nothing in it.
Banks has different rates on their cards in the same country and you call people on this thread selfish?
Bank charges differently on cards other than what they have on their board in their banking hall and you call people here selfish?

My dear, it would be better if you continue monitoring than commenting because this is not a political thread. The answer to your questions is the answer to my question below, answer me.
A woman whose her husband repercurated from illness and her son dies, has that woman recovered from shock? Thanks

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by alakara(m): 7:48am On Aug 22, 2015
alakara:
Due to popular demand, the thread is created to
monitor the forex rates of the following
currencies:
USD =US Dollars $;
CNY =Chinese Yuan ¥;
AED =UAE Dirham D;
GBP= Pound £
Euro €.
The format below should be used:
Bank : Currency : Rate : Date : Nairalander

STANBICIBTC: USD: #212 AUG 28: AdekunleIG
STERLING : USD : #220 : AUG 12 : wahwah
ZENITH : USD : #221.5: AUG 18 : naital
ACCESS : USD: #224 :AUG 21 : dalemat
DIAMOND : USD : #225 : AUG 21 : flyuche
GTB : USD : #226 : AUG 20 : ohans4u
FCMB: USD: #227 AUG 4 : stPete
FIDELITY: USD: #228 : AUG 17 : tayoast
FIRST BANK : USD : #230 : AUG 18 : legalwealth
UBA: USD : #234.1 : AUG 11 : opeyemi5
UNION: USD: #236.88: AUG 16: DIZZYBIZZY

STANBICIBTC: ¥ :#34.6: AUG 3: KODILICh
STANBICIBTC : £: #244.61 : AUG 19 : opeyemmmy
STANBIC : € : #244.61 : AUG 19 : opeyemmmy.

Thanks as you update this thread.
HAPPY WEEKEND.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 989900: 8:24am On Aug 22, 2015
Excuse me y'all, is it true it's N202 @ black market?!
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by alakara(m): 8:46am On Aug 22, 2015
989900:
Excuse me y'all, is it true it's N202 @ black market?!
yes BT u can't spend it.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by rydeorsail(m): 8:52am On Aug 22, 2015
Rome was not built in a day,not to be insultive do know anything about monetary policy governing how foreign exchange are earn,or perharps simple demand and supply,or law of diminising returns?
I will give it to you we are gullible,and we always compare ourself with us/uk,because we some of us strive for a better 9ja.
Bank rate is higher than parallel market because parralel market av too much dollar in there possession
Bank rate are different,even in advance country bank rate are always different

And to answer your question she has not,but she cant change what has happen but life continues if she is not too old she can have another child or better still adopt

mavinc4u:

Which programme and which people are selfish? Gullible Nigerians; always comparing US/UK to Nigeria when government is messing up the system but would harldy compare US/UK to Nigeria when it does not favour them.
Banks has different rates on their cards in the same country and you call people on this thread selfish?
Bank charges differently on cards other than what they have on their board in their banking hall and you call people here selfish?

My dear, it would be better if you continue monitoriny than commenting because this is not a political thread. The answer to your questions is the answer to my question below, answer me.
A woman whose her husband repercurated from illness and her son dies, has that woman recovered from shock? Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by 989900: 9:06am On Aug 22, 2015
alakara:

yes BT u can't spend it.

Is the demand on the banks that high, that their rates has to be this bad?

I mean with the 41 items ban and all the recent restrictions?

While they get it at N197 from the CBN, but sell as high as N230, N240, while displaying N199.

It's twisted. sad
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dalemat: 9:10am On Aug 22, 2015
alakara:

yes BT u can't spend it.
please which area. Is it in Lagos.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dalemat: 9:36am On Aug 22, 2015
abbeyforex:

through which medium will you spend it even if you buy at $1=#100? Have you forgotten "No dollar deposit policy" by banks recently or you are not aware at all?
I was at first bank last week or so and they said i could get their dollar prepaid card.as in fund it with dollar.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 10:45am On Aug 22, 2015
rydeorsail:
Rome was not built in a day,not to be insultive do know anything about monetary policy governing how foreign exchange are earn,or perharps simple demand and supply,or law of diminising returns?
I will give it to you we are gullible,and we always compare ourself with us/uk,because we some of us strive for a better 9ja.
Bank rate is higher than parallel market because parralel market av too much dollar in there possession
Bank rate are different,even in advance country bank rate are always different

And to answer your question she has not,but she cant change what has happen but life continues if she is not too old she can have another child or better still adopt

Rome was not built in a day but that doesn't mean one should start building from the roof instead of the foundation. Mr Economist, please go back and read the laws of demand, supply and diminishing returns very well and relate them to what you have explained here to spot the difference.

Your last statement shows that you understood nothing so I would pass inorder not to derail this wonderful thread. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 11:09am On Aug 22, 2015
dalemat:
I was at first bank last week or so and they said i could get their dollar prepaid card.as in fund it with dollar.

My dear don't let them confuse you. You can only transfer and not deposit.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 11:13am On Aug 22, 2015
mavinc4u:

My dear, it would be better if you continue monitoriny than commenting because this is not a political thread. The answer to your questions is the answer to my question below, answer me.

This chat room is to share our knowledge as well as learn from others. No need to insult anyone because no one is an island of knowledge.

Mind you there is no way Nig bank lending rate will be low because they do not have access to long term loan from the CBN. Note also that because the USA had access to long term loans, loans were given to people at ridiculously low rates.... in fact, people were begged to obtain loans.... and that was the beginning of the USA economy fall which in turn affected other economies.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 11:14am On Aug 22, 2015
dalemat:

Those their customer service do not know anything.
How will they know when they don't read and shop online.

I hardly go to bank rather call head office.

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
dalemat:

By the time you open it, you will know the truth. You cant deposit dollar in ANY form in the bank.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
Mariesio:

This chat room is to share our knowledge as well as learn from others. No need to insult anyone because no one is an island of knowledge.

Mind you there is no way Nig bank lending rate will be low because they do not have access to long term loan from the CBN. Note also that because the USA had access to long term loans, loans were given to people at ridiculously low rates.... in fact, people were begged to obtain loans.... and that was the beginning of the USA economy fall which in turn affected other economies.

Please define insult and tell me where you saw insult in my post. How do most of you comprehend? The said guy jumped in where people are discussing about bank ridiculous rates and refund and said people are selfish; for what reason? Is that what you call learning? And is asking him question to know what he meant by selfish, an insult?
I believe there is an educational section on nairaland, you can create a thread there to educate us on any topic of your economics but the only language we understand on this thread is how to get dollar fund at the cheapest rate and also how to tackle some banks with ridiculous refund. No vex. Thanks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yemi2plus(m): 2:57pm On Aug 22, 2015
^
Smh.......
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by modath(f): 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
mavinc4u:

My dear don't let them confuse you. You can only transfer and not deposit.

Thank God i used my brain & wired!!!unspent 207 USD to now give out at 202, will never happen at all...

But if i may ask, how are the banned items importers supposed to buy their goods
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 3:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
modath:

Thank God i used my brain & wired!!!unspent 207 USD to now give out at 202, will never happen at all...

But if i may ask, how are the banned items importers supposed to buy their goods

Through the use of cards.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tdjeans(m): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2015
Please how much is pound? (Stanbic Rate)
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by modath(f): 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
mavinc4u:

Through the use of cards.

The 300$ daily limit card , you will not kill me cheesy
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tdjeans(m): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
331.2 apparently
tdjeans:
Please how much is pound? (Stanbic Rate)
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 11:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
modath:

The 300$ daily limit card , you will not kill me cheesy

grin they don't have to use it on the ATM, they can either use it online or POS.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by ameh99: 12:19am On Aug 23, 2015
Pls o waz d current stanbic master card dollar rate
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by abbeyforex(m): 4:37am On Aug 23, 2015
ameh99:
Pls o waz d current stanbic master card dollar rate

$1=#212
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by adamspee(m): 3:15pm On Aug 23, 2015
please what is IBAN Number and BIC code
how do i know my IBAN number from my Acct. no.
i am expecting a wire transfer from my client in UK,
He request i sent my IBAN No. and BIC no.
i have a Dom acct. that i just opened at Fidelity bank
i have called true serve, maybe the cc rep that attended to me
don't know much, he said he get back to me.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by gbodimowo(m): 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
mavinc4u:

grin they don't have to use it on the ATM, they can either use it online or POS.

says who when a CBN REP came on channels to say any platforms u use d limit is sacrosant
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by alakara(m): 3:55pm On Aug 23, 2015
adamspee:
please what is IBAN Number and BIC code how do i know my IBAN number from my Acct. no. i am expecting a wire transfer from my client in UK, He request i sent my IBAN No. and BIC no. i have a Dom acct. that i just opened at Fidelity bank i have called true serve, maybe the cc rep that attended to me don't know much, he said he get back to me.
Bic No is your swift code peculiar to ur bank. I
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by initialize(m): 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2015
Nice Thread
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 11:44pm On Aug 23, 2015
adamspee:
please what is IBAN Number and BIC code
how do i know my IBAN number from my Acct. no.
i am expecting a wire transfer from my client in UK,
He request i sent my IBAN No. and BIC no.
i have a Dom acct. that i just opened at Fidelity bank
i have called true serve, maybe the cc rep that attended to me
don't know much, he said he get back to me.

IBAN number is your 10 digits account number
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 11:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
gbodimowo:

says who when a CBN REP came on channels to say any platforms u use d limit is sacrosant

Welll, that was CBN rep. You can still make purchase above $300 with some banks card.

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Bookiemart01(f): 3:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
I was thinking, can't we all start a twitter trend about this exchange rate issue? Let all of us agree on a hashtag tittle to use, mention cbn and those banks in our tweets and hash tags to fight this injustice Nigerian banks are serving us with.

I suggest #CBNRateNotBlackMarketRate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by modath(f): 4:05pm On Aug 24, 2015
Heard stanbic is 203 today..

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (907) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.