Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,406 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1227557 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (908) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by alakara(m): 6:42am On Aug 19, 2015
hairyman:
Stanbic; 214. August 18th
are you sure.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by blym4real: 7:46am On Aug 19, 2015
legalwealth:

They are thieves

I used their Africard to pay 173.55$ of which they charged me 241N/$ on the 8th and it was credited back on the 11th at N193/$ as a result of refund issued by the seller making me to be short of about N8,000.

I've been on the issue and I will not let them rest until they credit me back in full.
create a new thread and invite the mod to move it to front page. I am very sure they have eyes on nairaland.

All others affected can also use the same thread.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by AdekunleIG(m): 9:07am On Aug 19, 2015
Stanbic IBTC:
18/08/15.
Paypal.
N212/$

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Wagasigiungu(m): 9:18am On Aug 19, 2015
Here you go
STANBICIBTC : £: #340.02 : AUG 19
Naira Mastercard
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by legalwealth(m): 9:27am On Aug 19, 2015
blym4real:

create a new thread and invite the mod to move it to front page. I am very sure they have eyes on nairaland.

All others affected can also use the same thread.

I called in yesterday again and I was told that their superior is still working on what shouldn't take them 24hrs to resolve which is now going to days.

I will give them some more days,send them mail copying cbn consumer protection before I create a thread in here about it.
I'm sure seun and other mods will help with moving the thread to FP.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by legalwealth(m): 9:28am On Aug 19, 2015
hairyman:
Stanbic; 214. August 18th

They are now going gaga
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by saints2(f): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2015
What's the current rate of Diamond Bank
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2015
dont give them any day, please. Gtb did same sometimes ago to me, i paid a service they charged me 22x.xx naira and then the following day, i received a transaction which they credited using around 18x.xx naira as deposit. All these banks are thieves. please never give them any day. do it right now, you will get the speedy attention. Infact copy some of top financial tweeter accounts if possible. To deduct money na instant but to credit back na wahala
legalwealth:

I called in yesterday again and I was told that their superior is still working on what shouldn't take them 24hrs to resolve which is now going to days.

I will give them some more days,send them mail copying cbn consumer protection before I create a thread in here about it.
I'm sure seun and other mods will help with moving the thread to FP.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by opeyemmmy(m): 9:48am On Aug 19, 2015
legalwealth:

They are now going gaga
It's N212.
Today, Pound is N327.01 and Euro N244.61

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by funken: 9:55am On Aug 19, 2015
legalwealth:

They are thieves

I used their Africard to pay 173.55$ of which they charged me 241N/$ on the 8th and it was credited back on the 11th at N193/$ as a result of refund issued by the seller making me to be short of about N8,000.

I've been on the issue and I will not let them rest until they credit me back in full.

Call the contact centre or use the cbn email given somewhere in this thread. Though they eventually refunded me after i called them and threathened to take it up officially. So i did not have to involve CBN grin grin
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by PrinceLat(m): 10:15am On Aug 19, 2015
ACCESSBANK
225 TO $1
VISA DEBIT CARD
10.13AM
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tradeplusib: 11:32am On Aug 19, 2015
This importation business is really becoming battles everyday embarassed

Woke up this morning to receive an account Debit alert from Stanbic IBTC for the same transaction that had previously been deducted, and no be small money o shocked ! Just imagine how mad i was early in the morning!

Called there customer care and after a long conversation and plenty grammer the best the guy could come up with is that i must have clicked the payment button multiple times! angry lipsrsealed! ..... do i sound like Santa Claus?!

At the end of conversation i was requested to provide evidence the payment was made only once by mailing the seller to send evidence of a single payment or else i wait out 30 days for the funds to be released!

Just mailed customer care again, this is really not funny angry
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2015
Stanbic don join the dirty game.

Now charging too high. It's alright.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bukahands(m): 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
When sending money through moneygram/western union, do the change naira at bank rate ie 199 ? and like how much do they charge for sending about $2000 to the US ?

thanks
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Naital(m): 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
Zenith Bank
N121.50 / $ on 18/08/2015
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Clone2020(m): 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2015
bukahands:
When sending money through moneygram/western union, do the change naira at bank rate ie 199 ? and like how much do they charge for sending about $2000 to the US ?

thanks

Western Union Exchange rate as of today, 1USD = 197.3NGN. I just called First bank and they broke down the Western Union charges. The call center lady spoke too fast when giving the different charges based on the amount to be sent. But I remember her saying they charge N16,000 for N150,000 to maybe 300,000(not sure about this one). And the limit is $5,000 per day, however you cannot send cash due to the restrictions but you can send from your bank account. So I guess you just have to deposit the money into your account and send it.

But is this exchange fair? So lets say you want to send/buy $1000, it will cost you ($1000 X N197.3) + N16,000 = N213,300. When you divide it by 1000, its like you bought dollar at the exchange rate of 213.3/$. I guess its slightly cheaper than using Using Stanbic to send via paypal. If you were to send $1000 via paypal linked to stanbic account at the current rate of N214/$ it will cost you $1000 X 5% X N214 = N224,700 or N224.7/$.

This whole dollar naira dilemma has made some of us become mathematicians. Pls correct my calculations if you see errors cuz i'm not very good in maths.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Ymodulus: 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2015
Clone2020:

Western Union Exchange rate as of today, 1USD = 197.3NGN. I just called First bank and they broke down the Western Union charges. The call center lady spoke too fast when giving the different charges based on the amount to be sent. But I remember her saying they charge N16,000 for N150,000 to maybe 300,000(not sure about this one). And the limit is $5,000 per day, however you cannot send cash due to the restrictions but you can send from your bank account. So I guess you just have to deposit the money into your account and send it.

But is this exchange fair? So lets say you want to send/buy $1000, it will cost you ($1000 X N197.3) + N16,000 = N213,300. When you divide it by 1000, its like you bought dollar at the exchange rate of 213.3/$. I guess its slightly cheaper than using Using Stanbic to send via paypal. If you were to send $1000 via paypal linked to stanbic account at the current rate of N214/$ it will cost you $1000 X 5% X N214 = N224,700 or N224.7/$.

This whole dollar naira dilemma has made some of us become mathematicians. Pls correct my calculations if you see errors cuz i'm not very good in maths.

Sorry it's N203 I just did a transaction today at FirstVank usig Money Gram which is cheaper than Western Union.

It's not Western Union that's the problem but getting the slot. You will end up hearing from the branch we have exhausted our limit. This they repeat daily. Also do not forget there is a 15mins window from 08:00-08:15am daily by cbn to fbank for MG.

Good luck. All these wu or mg are not worth the stress
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Clone2020(m): 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2015
Ymodulus:

Sorry it's N203 I just did a transaction today at FirstVank usig Money Gram which is cheaper than Western Union.

It's not Western Union that's the problem but getting the slot. You will end up hearing from the branch we have exhausted our limit. This they repeat daily. Also do not forget there is a 15mins window from 08:00-08:15am daily by cbn to fbank for MG.

Good luck. All these wu or mg are not worth the stress

I saw this pic from one of your posts. Still slightly cheaper than using bank wire transfer if you are only sending less than $5,000 at once. Anything over $5,000 is worth sending via bank wire transfer, but that also depends on the bank's rates Or you can just send the amounts in pieces, just do your math.

Pls can we also provide updates for western union and money gram so we have different options to pick and compare. I searched on money gram's website and it says N199.9/$ but Ymodulus said they charged N203/$. I don't know if this depends on the branch or if the online exchange rate is slightly lower, pls daily real life updates on WU & MG will be highly appreciated. God will bless our hustle.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tyconcepts(f): 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2015
Naital:
Zenith Bank

Whayasay??

#121.50 to $1 @ Zenith??

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lordkay10(m): 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
tradeplusib:
This importation business is really becoming battles everyday embarassed

Woke up this morning to receive an account Debit alert from Stanbic IBTC for the same transaction that had previously been deducted, and no be small money o shocked ! Just imagine how mad i was early in the morning!

Called there customer care and after a long conversation and plenty grammer the best the guy could come up with is that i must have clicked the payment button multiple times! angry lipsrsealed! ..... do i sound like Santa Claus?!

At the end of conversation i was requested to provide evidence the payment was made only once by mailing the seller to send evidence of a single payment or else i wait out 30 days for the funds to be released!

Just mailed customer care again, this is really not funny angry

This is exactly what I experienced yesterday with Stanbic charging me for a transaction they have already placed an authorisation hold on. They gave me the same excuse of a 30-day wait period for funds to be released if merchant doesn't come for it. I just thank God I stooped making deposits into the account before the charge was done so my account is just in the negative. No kobo will enter that account until they come back to their senses, mumu people!
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Jeffy1206(m): 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2015
Naital:
Zenith Bank

Any one see this Or my don get apolo... Make I shine am well shocked
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Jeffy1206(m): 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2015
lordkay10:

This is exactly what I experienced yesterday with Stanbic charging me for a transaction they have already placed an authorisation hold on. They gave me the same excuse of a 30-day wait period for funds to be released if merchant doesn't come for it. I just thank God I stooped making deposits into the account before the charge was done so my account is just in the negative. No kobo will enter that account until they come back to their senses, mumu people!
this must have happened to me too... They have kept my account over 40k fur a transaction I'm not aware of... Thus should have been close or a month now yet nothing!
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Ymodulus: 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Ymodulus: 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 5:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
Ymodulus:

Ymodulus, All these 3 dots and 3 asterisk you are sharing hope all is well.
Jeffy1206:

Any one see this Or my don get apolo... Make I shine am well shocked

I saw it too, it should be a typo error, probably he wanted to type N221.50

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Punck4real(f): 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2015
Naital:
Zenith Bank
Pls which of the card.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by sherif4owo(m): 5:45pm On Aug 19, 2015
less than 24hrs

dragnet:

how long did the refund from gtb take, after you were notified by PayPal?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Etinosajay(m): 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
Punck4real:

Pls which of the card.

cool the cowrie mastercard grin

Certainly not the naira mastercard

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tradeplusib: 5:56pm On Aug 19, 2015
lordkay10:

Customer care called back for further details and said it will be rectified in 24hrs, fingers crossed
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by akinlex(m): 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
Ordered from aliexpress and I was charged at 222 against the dollar. Gtbank
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by alakara(m): 9:35pm On Aug 19, 2015
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Ymodulus: 9:39pm On Aug 19, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (908) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.