Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1228879 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (908) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Iyemik: 2:21pm On Jun 04, 2016
tex25:
Any one having Neteller for sale?

Just need $50!

$59 is available 320/$
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 04, 2016
Amazon gift cards still available. Whatsapp me for best rate. 08053250698
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Suntemi(m): 3:28pm On Jun 04, 2016
optimised:

I received email from Unity Bank regarding discontinuation of forex on their cards effective 1st June.

Hmmm, One after the other, How many more to go?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tex25: 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2016
Iyemik:

$59 is available 320/$
Ok how to I contact you? So we seal d transaction Asap
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by majalong(m): 5:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
I have 800 payoneer fund at $290 for sale
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Iyemik: 6:37pm On Jun 04, 2016
tex25:

Ok how to I contact you?
So we seal d transaction Asap

*SOLD* I'll contact you when new stock arrives.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
majalong:

I need payoneer. Contact me on whatsapp - 08176461979
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Yagazee: 6:51pm On Jun 04, 2016
Good day friends. I don't understand a thing about CBN's Flexible Exchange Rate. I'll love it if someone can break it down in lay-terms what they meant or how it will affect our naira. I've read so many source, but the economics is to big for me to comprehend. In fact what might be the value of Naira to Dolllars
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by majalong(m): 8:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
jjy:

I need payoneer. Contact me on whatsapp - 08176461979

Majalong:

Ok..i will contact you!
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Singapore1(m): 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
just between last night and today ah don encounter 3 different scammer ( maybe na one person sef )

Nigeria which way cry
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
Amazon gift cards still Available. Whatsapp 08053250698 for affordable rates
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bush4ker(m): 10:15pm On Jun 04, 2016
Suntemi:

Hmmm, One after the other, How many more to go?
fidelity too
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Infinitikoncept(m): 10:18pm On Jun 04, 2016
majalong:
Contact me via my signature
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by didymario7(m): 10:26pm On Jun 04, 2016
The term Flexible exchange rate regime can be indeed confusing but let me try to break it down.

First and foremost, let me mention that the CBN has refused (before now) to devalue the Naira (or introduce more FLEXIBILITY in managing the $/N rate) because of the supposedly untold hardship it would bring to the masses (due to inflation). The inflation is made worse because Nigeria is heavily import dependent so the CBN had to take drastic measures to preserve our foreign exchange (i.e drastic measures to ensure the $/N rate remains fixed at N197).

First they stopped selling $ to BDCs, then they marked 22 items as ineligible for dollars @ the official rate. Now this leaves just a few items such as (1)Raw materials (2)Machineries which cannot be obtained locally as the only items eligible for FX @ official rate. In addition to this (3)The CBN also sells $ to banks (called the interbank market) @ the official rate.

Now that the pressure on CBN to devalue (reason for this is another long story). The CBN has decided to introduce some FLEXIBILITY in the exchange rate regime. What this means is there will be one exchange rate @ the interbank market which will be adjusted from time to time depending on the forces of demand & supply) and another exchanged rate to fund what the CBN has termed critical sectors (such as raw materials for agric sector and Machineries for power and energy sector.) Whose rate will be fixed @N197.

HOW DOES THIS AFFECT NAIRA?

The rate @ the interbank, according to sources might be adjust to N290. This will likely push the rate @ the parallel market towards 400 ( at least in the short term).

Ask ? if u need further clarification.

Yagazee:
Good day friends. I don't understand a thing about CBN's Flexible Exchange Rate. I'll love it if someone can break it down in lay-terms what they meant or how it will affect our naira. I've read so many source, but the economics is to big for me to comprehend. In fact what might be the value of Naira to Dolllars

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Yagazee: 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
didymario7:
The term Flexible exchange rate regime can be indeed confusing but let me try to break it down.

First and foremost, let me mention that the CBN has refused (before now) to devalue the Naira (or introduce more FLEXIBILITY in managing the $/N rate) because of the supposedly untold hardship it would bring to the masses (due to inflation). The inflation is made worse because Nigeria is heavily import dependent so the CBN had to take drastic measures to preserve our foreign exchange (i.e drastic measures to ensure the $/N rate remains fixed at N197).

First they stopped selling $ to BDCs, then they marked 22 items as ineligible for dollars @ the official rate. Now this leaves just a few items such as (1)Raw materials (2)Machineries which cannot be obtained locally as the only items eligible for FX @ official rate. In addition to this (3)The CBN also sells $ to banks (called the interbank market) @ the official rate.

Now that the pressure on CBN to devalue (reason for this is another long story). The CBN has decided to introduce some FLEXIBILITY in the exchange range regime. What this means is there will be one exchange rate @ the interbank market which will be adjusted from time to time depending on the forces of demand & supply) and another exchanged rate to fund what the CBN has termed critical sectors (such as raw materials for agric sector and Machineries for power and energy sector.) Whose rate will be fixed @N197.

HOW DOES THIS AFFECT US?

The effect on us will vary depending on how u source your dollars but expect a general increase your overhead, at least in the short term.

Ask ? if u need further clarification.

First I want to thank you for taking your time to break it down for me and also giving me the peviledge to ask questions. I'm grateful! Previously, I don't care about the international market. But the recent hike in price of comodities got me scared and concerned about the country's economy. To me, it seems the Interbank is the best place to source for FOREX. Now here is my QUESTION; Do you think the banks can meet up with FOREX demands of nigerians trading abroad?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by didymario7(m): 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
Yes sourcing dollars from the bank is much cheaper than from the BDCs but the problem is the banks are not at liberty to sell the funds to whoever they wish because the CBN has guidelines on the type of businesses/individuals these funds are meant for e.g Nigerians paying school fees abroad, Nigerians travelling abroad(BTA), Companies who import raw materials and Machineries, foreign companies in Nigeria who want to raptriate their earnings e.t.c.

However, the banks can source dollars independent of the cbn and sell to people outside the categories I mentioned above but (1) the amount of $ it allocates per person is very very small so u can't really do much with it (2). U can only access the dollar through your Naira MasterCard/Visa card (3) the rate it sells is close to the black market rate (because they bought it higher that the official rate since they didn't get it from CBN)

This leaves the big time importers at the mercy of the BDCs because they are the players capable of selling dollars in large quantity to importers. This is why things are very expensive.

Yagazee:

First I want to thank you for taking your time to break it down for me and also giving me the peviledge to ask questions. I'm grateful! Previously, I don't care about the international market. But the recent hike in price of comodities got me scared and concerned about the country's economy. To me, it seems the Interbank is the best place to source for FOREX. Now here is my QUESTION; Do you think the banks can meet up with FOREX demands of nigerians trading abroad?

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Ddream77: 4:19am On Jun 05, 2016
Hi guys I'm in need of Amazon gift cards..... I'll also need them on a weekly basis depending on availability. Kindly drop your number and I'll call asap...Cheers
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lecky001(m): 6:59am On Jun 05, 2016
Ddream77:
Hi guys I'm in need of Amazon gift cards..... I'll also need them on a weekly basis depending on availability. Kindly drop your number and I'll call asap...Cheers
Becareful on who you deal with make sure you get details of the person very well

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 05, 2016
Ddream77:

With this, i will be surprised if u escape all d scammers preying on this thread. Anyway, i have amazon gift cards. Whatsapp me on 08053250698 to deal
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by ibnuusamah: 7:50am On Jun 05, 2016
igboboy3:
Does anybody know First Bank's rate for today?

I also need help. Want to know any bank that has a weekly limit of over $200

No bank has weekly limit of $200. The limit is between $150 - to $350 daily limit for some banks on debit card for web transaction....

The Nigerian bank with all time low card rate is standard chartered bank with NGN275.75/USD... daily limit is 200 dollar, the bank charges 199.5/dollar + 33% commission on sent amount..
I last used it towards the end of May... Not sure if they still allow their card usage for intl web this june.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bdemix(m): 7:59am On Jun 05, 2016
Am selling Skype at the rate of 280 per $1
jesbu:
Access bank
Skype 1$= 335 naira
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by ibnuusamah: 8:15am On Jun 05, 2016
bdemix:

Are u talking about selling Skype credit... Kindly explain pls
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by jesbu(m): 8:24am On Jun 05, 2016
bdemix:
Ok I will need it later. But it will be in August because I have paid for 3 months.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Yagazee: 9:15am On Jun 05, 2016
didymario7:
Yes sourcing dollars from the bank is much cheaper than from the BDCs but the problem is the banks are not at liberty to sell the funds to whoever they wish because the CBN has guidelines on the type of businesses/individuals these funds are meant for e.g Nigerians paying school fees abroad, Nigerians travelling abroad(BTA), Companies who import raw materials and Machineries, foreign companies in Nigeria who want to raptriate their earnings e.t.c.

However, the banks can source dollars independent of the cbn and sell to people outside the categories I mentioned above but (1) the amount of $ it allocates per person is very very small so u can't really do much with it (2). U can only access the dollar through your Naira MasterCard/Visa card (3) the rate it sells is close to the black market rate (because they bought it higher that the official rate since they didn't get it from CBN)

This leaves the big time importers at the mercy of the BDCs because they are the players capable of selling dollars in large quantity to importers. This is why things are very expensive.

Thanks! I get it. The flexible exchange rate won't do good to price of imported comodities. I was thinking it will do great good to naira, that naira will appreciate at BDC's. I'm no longer excited about this CBN's policy. I've never been a fan of life abroad. I always believe I have life here, that it will get better. I just changed my mind about it. It never gets better

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by meetmal03(f): 9:54am On Jun 05, 2016
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by lecky001(m): 10:02am On Jun 05, 2016
meetmal03:

I have 2000usd amazon giftcard @ 277
Call 08104323941 or Whatsapp the number on my profile
She's reliable

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by didymario7(m): 10:36am On Jun 05, 2016
Yagazee:

Thanks! I get it. The flexible exchange rate won't do good to price of imported comodities. I was thinking it will do great good to naira, that naira will appreciate at BDC's. I'm no longer excited about this CBN's policy. I've never been a fan of life abroad. I always believe I have life here, that it will get better. I just changed my mind about it. It never gets better

Yes it will do no good and d govt. care less. In a way they see this as a means of discouraging imports so that Nigerians are forced to patronise made in Nigeria goods
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by rev2214(m): 11:12am On Jun 05, 2016
Please I need a guide on what to do when it comes to Naira exchange to CNY that will facilitate buying my stuff from China. Tnx
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by justi4jesu(f): 11:34am On Jun 05, 2016
$652 Paypal fund for sale

Rate 315
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 12:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
justi4jesu:
$652 Paypal fund for sale

Rate 315

Justi for life !
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Yagazee: 12:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
didymario7:

Yes it will do no good and d govt. care less. In a way they see this as a means of discouraging imports so that Nigerians are forced to patronise made in Nigeria goods
Ouch! That hurts

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (908) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.