Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

What A Banker Did To Me Recently - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What A Banker Did To Me Recently (37811 Views)

Billionaire Banker David Rockefeller Dies Aged 101 / My Recently Opened Carwash Business. / PIX. See What Thieves Did To My Laptop / Phone Shop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Dotng: 3:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
Life is a seed. You choice of action should never be based on how people are but how you want your immediate world to be. The world is bad enough. I choose to be the change I want to see.

3 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by teemy(m): 3:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
hardbody:

For me, forgiveness is a SIN. Which is why i bend over backwards to ensure that I DO NOT offend anyone. I try not to. Not when i talk, not when i walk or work, not while i am driving, NO. I try to accommodate. But if you hurt me, I DO NOT FORGIVE.

I am loving this guy sha (no homo). I pray you get more love. smiles*
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
teemy:

Security camera showing you confirming the excess amount would label you badly in such a case. Though a criminal proceeding might not be carried out since the bank had its own fault in the matter, it would give remembrance that a good name is better in all matters as all cashiers in that bank henceforth would give you stares. Irrespective of man's actions/inactions always play the bigger man. Peace and Love bro.

I guess you want to have the last word, so you do. Let it slide.

However when last i checked, cameras in the hall do not check what i was paid and so cannot hold me responsible for an over payment. Secondly, if the cashier decides to stare at me at my next coming, it will be up to her to act right or ensure i am not over paid. the same scenario will simply replay itself.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by teemy(m): 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
We've all been hurt one way or the other. Avenging ourselves would only reap a circle of violence.

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth would leave us all toothless and blind.

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by rukyboy(m): 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2015
Good one bro!!

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by ednut1(m): 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
sauceny:

You might wanna read through again,to enable you understand what the op meant
Without even saying a word to me
Dropped the money on the counter, is dat d customer service she was trained to give
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Sanchez01: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
hardbody:

For me, forgiveness is a SIN. Which is why i bend over backwards to ensure that I DO NOT offend anyone. I try not to. Not when i talk, not when i walk or work, not while i am driving, NO. I try to accommodate. But if you hurt me, I DO NOT FORGIVE.
Funny, I was about quoting you. Truth is, we're all different and our perception of life differs. Regardless, it would be right to say we're humans and we have the tendency to offend others. I used to live by a code; NEVER say "sorry". Whv? I wanted to be non-human; not to offend anyone. Hence, those who would hear that word from me are those who would value it. Little did I realize that it was mission impossible. I'm very quick to apologize so long I know my faults.

Just about a month ago, some slighted me, it was real painful and annoying because I played the matured role even when the person in question seem older. Learning to let go of hurts and ills is the best way to live. Forgiveness is unique. We just have to learn to.. Afterall, life is very short.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by madgoat(m): 3:39pm On Aug 02, 2015
grin this OP is destined to be poor. Instead make him pocket the extra cash and feel cool.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by teemy(m): 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
hardbody:

I guess you want to have the last word, so you do. Let it slide.

However when last i checked, cameras in the hall do not check what i was paid and so cannot hold me responsible for an over payment. Secondly, if the cashier decides to stare at me at my next coming, it will be up to her to act right or ensure i am not over paid. the same scenario will simply replay itself.

My sincerest apoligies if you feel so. Was just trying to help.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Mbkite(m): 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
But, it's nt ur money nah. Aint u suppose to return it? I dnt get ur point.

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by teemy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 02, 2015
madgoat:
grin this OP is destined to be poor. Instead make him pocket the extra cash and feel cool.

On the contrary he would do well. His act could open doors for him and also he would not be associated with corrupted money. I believe there are some of your friends you can trust with money and some you can't. Why this is so is due to each person's past acts.

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by udysweet(f): 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2015
Wat u did was d rite thing to do jare,next time she will behav well to pple. I jus wonder why all dis pple who offer service hav to be unnecesarily rude for no reason,beats me!
Late mum had smtn similar to ur Case infact very funny,tho hers d cashier wasn't rude o. Many years bak say maybe 2004 or so,she went to reciv western union frm elder sister whose daughter was in secondary sch(she is done with nysc now tho,na work we need for her,lol) and it ws 3k dat was sent in naira o.
Dunno wat made d cashier ask my mum weda she wanted it in dollars or naira,but my mum said dollars wit d hope that maybe wen she changes it,she can see extra on top d 3k. Lo and behold d woman gav my mum 3000dollars! See were God is great,d poor woman took it to a mallam at tejuosho,d 1st one gav her a rate and she doubted(all along she ddnt realise she had over 400k!)2nd she doubted and she landed at d 3rd pesn dis time sm1 she had known for years. She jus handed d 30pcs of 100 dollars bills to him and said "my pikin send me 3000naira,dos oda aboki no giv me beta amt,wetin u go put on top d 3000naira for me"d mallam jus stared at her in awe. Say"mama who giv u dis dollars?she say na cashier,he jus say dis money na over 400k dey here at 135 per dollar"
Kia kia,the poor woman pack d mony strait to the bank bak(dis was lik an hour or so afta) funny enof d cashier hadn't realisd her mistake o. She was evn askin my mum,pls ma is ur mony not complet. Naim mumsy say na 3000naira my pikin send,na 3000dollars u pay me. D lady almost passed out,till my mum died dey were frnds,tho later lost contact wen she was transfered to abj(I tink her name was aunty Bimbo or so)infact it was wen she cam to visit us at home and I was bak frm school,I heard d whole gist! The bank mgr was grateful too(dem dash my mama 2000 and rice,lool)
It jus pays to be gud,if for notn atleast for ur conscience. Sadly enof this one ddnt reap her fruit jo,jus left mother earth so soon to be with Baba Gode(RiP eka) embarassed

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2015
Sanchez01:

Funny, I was about quoting you. Truth is, we're all different and our perception of life differs. Regardless, it would be right to say we're humans and we have the tendency to offend others. I used to live by a code; NEVER say "sorry". Whv? I wanted to be non-human; not to offend anyone. Hence, those who would hear that word from me are those who would value it. Little did I realize that it was mission impossible. I'm very quick to apologize so long I know my faults.

Just about a month ago, some slighted me, it was real painful and annoying because I played the matured role even when the person in question seem older. Learning to let go of hurts and ills is the best way to live. Forgiveness is unique. We just have to learn to.. Afterall, life is very short.

Your views Sir, and i respect them. I hold mine, and they may not be generally right, but there are mine.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hollowpot15684(m): 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
U re a patriotic Nigerian, a true son of ur father.
U deserve an award..

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
teemy:

My sincerest apoligies if you feel so. Was just trying to help.

Wishing you well - Teemy

One love sir...

But i never needed help. I knew what i was saying and had good reasons to hold my views.

I respect yours though, but they are not mine and will never be. Doesn't make them wrong or right. It is all about perception.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by hardbody: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
teemy:
We've all been hurt one way or the other. Avenging ourselves would only reap a circle of violence.

An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth would leave us all toothless and blind.

The law of Moses made the world saner then than it is now. I love the law of Moses.

An eye for an eye, not 5 years imprisonment with an option of fine
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by islandmoon: 3:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
a banker once overpaid me N120,000, i wanted to withdrawn N120,000 but he gave me N240,000 but i couldnt have left with his money, i so much like him and i respect him a lot, he must have been carried away with our gists, i just told him Egbon, no no no after turning back on my way out and gave the money to him, he was dump founded!

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by teemy(m): 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2015
hardbody:

One love sir...

But i never needed help. I knew what i was saying and had good reasons to hold my views.

I respect yours though, but they are not mine and will never be. Doesn't make them wrong or right. It is all about perception.

One Love! smiles*
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by DTOBS(m): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2015
Issorait
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Keepshining(f): 4:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
Maxxxcarter:
So I was at the bank about 2 weeks ago to withdraw some cash and trust me I needed more at the time.
So I approached this cashier and she asked
"sir withdrawal or payment? "
WITHDRAWAL PLEASE I replied quietly cause it has been raining all day.
So she instructed to make use of the POS.
So I did and she pressed some buttons on her computer
Dropped the money on the counter.
I felt a bit slighted but non the less I didn't really mind.
Then the miracle-i counted my money and low and behold she over paid me more than double of what I requested... Actually more than what I had in that account.
I counted again then I looked at her
She didn't even bat an eye.
From her demeanor you could tell she's had a work load filled day.

Then I said HELLO MADAME
she looked at me with those tired eyes
"yes? "
I THINK U OVER PAID ME
where the next words out of my mouth .
By now she adjusted a little and her countenance changed.
She just stared at me awestruck as I counted the balance and handed it off to her.
Then I walked out of the bank feeling better.
I know me... My conscience would prick me forever if I had looked the other way.
What point am I trying to make?
Sometimes we judge others by the way they TREAT us not really trying to understand them.
The banker probably gave me a cold shoulder cause she was exhausted...nothing personal.
If I had decided to take the money two things
1- she will be quarried which of course will appear in her report. Or
2- worse case scenario she would be sacked.
Perhaps you have been hurt by someone you adore and the only thing you think about now is REVENGE .
Things don't always work that way cause an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind .
Love is an attribute of the heart
True love isn't just showing love to those who show you love
Rather its showing it to those who don't "deserve it".
Be nice to someone today
What a kind hearted man!

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2015
Keep it up bro, this will surely get you some where.
Maxxxcarter:
So I was at the bank about 2 weeks ago to withdraw some cash and trust me I needed more at the time.
Then the miracle-i counted my money and low and behold she over paid me more than double of what I requested... Actually more than what I had in that account.

Then I said HELLO MADAME
"yes? "
I THINK U OVER PAID ME
She just stared at me awestruck as I counted the balance and handed it off to her.
I know me... My conscience would prick me forever if I had looked the other way.
Sometimes we judge others by the way they TREAT us not really trying to understand them.
The banker probably gave me a cold shoulder cause she was exhausted...nothing personal.
Perhaps you have been hurt by someone you adore and the only thing you think about now is REVENGE .
Things don't always work that way cause an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind .
Be nice to someone today

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by WaffenSS(m): 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Let's stop misusing the term "banker"

a banker is a person who conducts the business of banking; a bank worker is someone who is in the employ of a bank.

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by vega84(m): 4:18pm On Aug 02, 2015
This is the kind of tins I expect to be reading on Nairaland. Nt all those OMG see this see that! #vegatalks

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by bamdexfarms(m): 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2015
Maxxxcarter:

Then I said HELLO MADAME
"yes? "
I THINK U OVER PAID ME
Be nice to someone today

I am deeply touched. God bless you for this piece

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by bamdexfarms(m): 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2015
madgoat:

Your user name has said it all

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by DanielGb(m): 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2015
Maxxxcarter:

Then I said HELLO MADAME
"yes? "
I THINK U OVER PAID ME
Be nice to someone today

you got me there. Don't judge a book by it cover.
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2015
hardbody:

If u don't forgive odas, boss b prepared to b unforgiven by God himself, buh u know wot God is not dat small... My point, u are human n u can't tell me u avent offended anyone since d beginning of ur very existence... Boss u can't justify misdeed/wrong doing... 2 cent
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by OnyeEgo1(m): 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
teemy:

Bros leave hardbody he never jam wahala wey na forgiveness b the only payment/savior... Kotinu wen ur hardbody go turn to softbody u go appreciate the power of forgiveness,#na joke I dey o....

1 Like

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Orikinla(m): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
HALLELUJAH!
Almighty God JEHOVAH is answering our prayers.
Nigerians are waking up for CHANGE.
We need to pray more, especially for the mods of Nairaland who need deliverance.
Let us pray.
(You can mention their names to God.)
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by kushsy: 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2015
ednut1:
a teller not a banker angry, she has no right to be rude to u even if she is tired cos d customer is king. ask your self. if a celeb came into d bank instead of u wud she treat him same way cos of wat u did she suddenly bcame nice. wat nonsense she must be ......
..I am not in support of the teller attitude..but it's the way you sounded ( teller) yes but he or she is human and may be more qualified than others banker workers..by the way who is Banker? Cos even those that read zoology, sociology, agriculture and all sorts are working in the bank...
Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by poseidon12: 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2015
Very nice of you. I'm proud of you. Keep it up. God will reward you.

2 Likes

Re: What A Banker Did To Me Recently by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
If she over paid you she will have a shortage. Her cash account with not be able to ''Zero'' /balance at the end of the day. She would have had to balance the shortage from her own purse. Then she will call over her transactions for the day to check and see who she probably over paid. If she cannot find the person, then she has to loose the value she over paid you with from her purse.

But it is a good thing you returned the money. And you are right about the fact that work related stress is usually a thing bankers face. Meeting different people all in one day is enough to scatter your countenance.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lessons From Innoson Vs GTBank Case Part 2 / $1 Back To ₦‎690 At Black Market / Angry Alfa Burns Photos Of ‘Clients’ Of His Customers That Are Owing Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.