Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. (1284 Views)

A Synopsis Of An Aspect Of A Woman Life / Drop A Comment And I Will Design A Book Cover: FREE. / Drop A Comment Here And I'll Help You Make A Book Cover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by Divepen1(m): 12:05pm On Aug 02, 2015
Drop a synopsis of your ongoing stories here. People love to read good stories and they would want to know why your story(ies) is worth reading.
I have, therefore, opened this thread for writers to drop a synopsis of their work.
I can scout through some thread and drop their synopsis, but the words will be interesting from your mind. You are allowed to drop links also.
Please only synopsis should be dropped here, and also request for stories.
Mods.
Obinoscopy and Ishilove(I know you are very busy). Please vet this thread. If you do so, I will always call on you to help delete unnecessary comments

Details of the synopsis
Your story title
Genres
Description- Not more 150 words.
Please, don't drop a chapter of your stories, just symopsis.
A very good comment from a reader.
Link
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by Divepen1(m): 12:15pm On Aug 02, 2015
Title: Unknown Shadows
Genre: Mystery/Thriller
Description: This story is about a man who woke up in a room he did not know. And was soon pursued by assassins because he would stop an oncoming doom they were planning.

DUOz:
Nice one bro. I like d flexibility u show in ur work. It instills real suspense nd d twist is just fantastic. U have d ability to surprise us wit each line. Nice one bro I hail

gunners160:
Divepen,you really got me steeled to your work.Funny eough,this is my first time of reading any of your wrk.At 1st, I was flustered and was unable to comprehend your story;in fact,I was just bashing your work because it was not straight foward but you proved me wrong, u are a veteran writter and vehement with your work.I must confess you are my best writter at Nl how I wish I could write like you.,

https://www.nairaland.com/2335181/unknown-shadows
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
9ice
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by LarrySun(m): 6:37pm On Aug 02, 2015
TITLE: The Brand of Cain

GENRE: Detective Fiction/Murder Mystery

SYNOPSIS:
A body outside the house, suspicion falls inside.
Africa’s first fictional detective tackles one of the most baffling cases of his career.

[b]Different people are brought together by a sheer twist of fate. Some are born to sweet delights where some others are born in beds of thorns. Heredity has been too strong on Richard Philip who was born poor at the wrong side of the blanket; an armed-robber rapes an innocent girl and Richard is the product. Now, after twenty-seven years, that child is heading the path of crime his father has once trod. He gets himself employed as the driver of a business tycoon, and the shocking secrets he learns about his new boss and the gorgeous wife culminate into a well-planned, cold-blooded murder.

At already half past five one morning, a fourteen-year-old boy discovers a body with a bullet hole on its forehead lying outside its compound. And Detective Lot’s sudden appearance at the crime scene is a surprise to his sidekick, Daniel Famous, a twenty-four-year-old police officer, who, much to the chagrin of the detective, never believes for once that the crime can be solved.

Shortly after his arrival, Detective Lot realises that he is the only person interested in catching Cain Martins’ killer. He learns that the night before, Richard Philip drove his boss out of the compound in a black jeep; but the gatekeeper, Mr. Eze Chima, claims that Cain drove back that night without the driver. Lot concludes that Cain must have somehow left the compound thereafter but Chima insists that he locked the gate himself. It was impossible for Cain to have left the compound without his knowledge.

The thread with which Detective Lot must darn this mystery is thin indeed, for it is only he who believes that the mystery surrounding the murder of Cain can be unraveled. A couple of hours before the time of death, he was anonymously paid a large sum of money to investigate the case.

And with these available clues, the famous detective must bring this criminal to book:

* The murder weapon, which was nowhere to be found.

* Two different notes written in different handwritings.

*A text message sent through a strange number.
[/b]

RAVES AND REVIEWS:

legendprac:
I normally think ahead of the authors of crime/detective novels, and most times, I arrive @ d correct conclusions before I get to d end of d novel... But larry, u were so Ǧ☺☺ϑ, I didn't K№ω where to start from. I found it hard making a meaningful theory that will help me solve the mystery... (Maybe cuz I stopped reading novels abt 5yrs ago or just cuz u r damnn too gud)...

I comot my cap for u joor... I pray u get published...

semid4lyfe:
WOW! WOW! WOW! cool shocked

Just finished the novel like 5 minutes ago and all I'll say is "awesome and close to a masterpiece" kiss

The plot was "tight" with it's many twists & turns. All loose ends were neatly tied up without actually being tied firmly. . .the reason for the sequel.

Obviously, a lot of research went into your writing of this book and it didn't all emanate from the brain. Still, I couldn't help feeling some of the settings, language and mannerism of some of the characters was "un-Nigerian". Another thing is over-description and over-explanation dey worry you the novel.

All in all, a very interesting and brilliant novel. To SMS, THE BRAND OF CAIN IS THE BEST LITERARY WORK I'VE READ BY A NLDer and I'm glad I voted for you in the poll.

Holla at me when it's published cos I'll definitely cop a copy. On to the next one - The Paradox of Abel

Lest I forget. . .Larry, you sabi English o shocked

Calmdove:
Wow wow wow wow wow!!!!! Larrysun u are d bomb..omg!! U ar so blessed and talented,i av been eyeing ur story 4 quite a long time but never 4 once tryed 2 read it but when i read dis brand of cain... I was spellbounded with everytin. i never knew dat av missed alot with d twist, suspense and how connected everyone were.seriously larrysun u made me speechless and mesmerize by dis ur gr8t story*****i pray dat God wil take u 2 higher level..amen**if i didnt comment i wil just be ungrateful..muahhh

Memunah:
Wow!Wow!Wow!......Larrysun,I doff my hat for you
I have read almost all Hardley Chase novels and I really love crime stories......For this am dumbfounded,am a voracious reader,you had me glued to my phone all through......please publish this as soon as you can...can't wait to have a copy

texanomaly:
I just started reading this thread. I am only at chapter 3. I have to stop reading because I can't stop crying. I can see that this story is going to take me on an emotional roller coaster. My heart is broken for this boy/man. cry

LINK: The Brand Of Cain

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by Divepen1(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2015
Vonn, Wendysmart, Girltee1, princesssusan, cybershow, Psalmwise, kusibe77 D9ty7 Tiffanyj, helenbee, teebashy, fatalveli, prettydiva89 divepen , Ali1king, kingphilip, onemansquad, tecno4life, bluestarry, jefferyjamez, slap1, supermartin, ishilove, jeanfortune, vibra, almacherich, marynneka, trusted, Shadowbean Abimbawealth, emarkson, jhimmy, UnknownT, laykorn, kenwins, iceberylin, Ollyfad, AnnbabyHot, debonairprinx, rondo235, MzNelly, Champele, Meel unique27, MrsGoodness, Lionize, MhizTemmie, AlienStar, Theorbiter, Ionprince, Susrite, Glowstone, bigwig97, Missmossy, ruffhandu, may3 Tomkhalifa52, okeyfineboy, kechywillz, folake25, tescoleps, teamplayey, ethereal, unlimitedbosco, PrinceGozie, Yudeeaikay, pelontus, justicesky24, mariamferanmi, qloreal, onosj, Rahma26, Kayleb37, Mutaino7, lawrenzo007, Tobilastik, yettielicious, eunisam, Athanatos, usmanspihn, hassan85, princesa, kiddyking, moshood1993, handmaid, missterious, kingphilip, kenwins, SexySapphire, Princesschi, Niwdog, Suspect33, Visionaire, Bunsky, laykorn, emitheo, alabig, marioking, elhafeez, OlufemiWhit, hassan85, davefieldpop, Ridens, sade1, Jayson4a Rahma26, Jeez2, ritzeluv, romzey pryd, sentaljohn, marcusagrippa, sommyqueen, omah1, adegwurulez, missstella, olusegunbob, scopiicaar, Flowtry, simiolu1, Crownfullhouse, tescoleps, alleazardous, whalesbanks, dare0834, Olasultan, stillchris, Bowaley17, dokilolo, teamplayey, Omolsdare, Calmdove, eremy, alizenbohr, atilla, tsodjete, folake25, ritababe, ruffhandu, mozele, Sprintson, trevolady, teemanbastos, ruffhandu, Demlad99, Cestmoi1, sammyomotola, kingphilip, simonhabby, tfabu, Elparaiso,Tandullceblog, Hameenat94, martin98, kenwins, Emmyk, urchbarbie, princesa, divepen, obumsway, kusibe77, Twaci, viktohmarkz, Activity77, VigorousV, nnapo, Beesluv, edogho, keeper1, ogrin12, curvyschlong, anasbeaut, ncChigo, hottadiva, janeso, olashas, grandx88, joliematt, dodobytes, scribespad, kodylicky, lajaja, kenwins, suxxman, babie78, elemagoon, henryozil, hillsnite, Thermythorpe, goldenone, donephi, Kedam, DrJulian, stalicia, awwal339, typompy234, Skimpledawg, Kennedymac, RotrEmmanuel, sweetstuff20, eagleeye2, OLADO, festwiz, kingzpen,Seun, Lenmafon, kajemjay, hayoronke, temitopedaniel, amenbaby, dopevick, Abbey2580, nisotzoe, haibeehae, wemmieslim, Sheanoel, marioking, lordgalore, Ikeano92, chuks000, monatim, Omololamide, olarafiat, JigsawKillah, xtremelygifted, godsonchikelue, Georgry, Kflorencek, Xtarxhyne, Onyi42, ayomi23, Rounakid, Olusharp, Silkmoth33, harmlessphil, mariamferanmi, ninja4life, Jennimma, whisper2esi, unilever, Babe2sure,bookhy, kingphilip, Chrisx1x, adeniyi00, Skyfornia, Darus05, Flakkydagirl, Ggee, MuniratAbolanl, Zeinymira, OVI75, Sirdy48, bayulll01, Anelk50, missterious, Chibueze90, Diamondamsel, MosesIgb, Fantasywrita, boladex1, Abuklaw, Omortolah, snowprince07, Kingso23, Bertadayz, Timothy3113, BestInDeeWorld, mattiechris, tunb, soulminister, ProfDee26, Hammenat24, Bloomingbud, seunviju, TiffanyJ, moseph, wizkris, Epaul, ProfDee26, babyboom, Inyanga, Grace, Ezeh, olarafiat, Komzzy1, candy, Odward, uchebest2006, Babyjoker, PrinceAdepoju,Suspect33, NeuroBoss, jaki006, light57,jubileesmith,stuff56, onemansquad, ritababe, selinabrown, icebrylin, tecno4life, ogbarmey, adeh37, adewealth027, koolwilly, standd, sir emzypaz, dastancypayne, Niftyrules, Bluestarry, Tescoleps, harjibolar10, profmaojo
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by igbinigiejeff(m): 10:53am On Aug 03, 2015
Title:180 DAYS TO SPAIN
Genre: Story/Biography
Description: This story is about a trip. It's a story for people who travel and enjoyed it,and for people who wanted to travel but never made it. It is a story of a young man,who after much hardship and disappointment,thought he could travel from West Coast of Africa to Spain illegally. 2,000 Miles.
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by Divepen1(m): 11:17am On Aug 03, 2015
igbinigiejeff:
Title:180 DAYS TO SPAIN
Genre: Story/Biography
Description: This story is about a trip. It's a story for people who travel and enjoyed it,and for people who wanted to travel but never made it. It is a story of a young man,who after much hardship and disappointment,thought he could travel from West Coast of Africa to Spain illegally. 2,000 Miles.
Link
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by igbinigiejeff(m): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2015
No link yet brother!Just coming up sir.
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by LarrySun(m): 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
TITLE: The Coffin of Errors (A Short Story)

GENRE: Screwball Comedy

PITCH/SYNOPSIS: When the old Pa Jimoh died in a ridiculous way, the elders of Ogbomosho decided to honour him with a proper burial. But the coffin-maker, Saka, chose the wrong moment to deliver the coffin as all hell broke loose on his way to Ogbomosho.

RAVES AND REVIEWS: [b]
Ishilove:
I've read it again and it is still as hilarious as the first time. Fantastic job, Larry. Absolutely fantastic!! cheesy cheesy

*Ogbomoso Cassava Barns* chuckle

LMAO!! cheesy

OMA4U:
It was on a Sunday morning like this that I read this story. I could still remember vividly how hard I laugh. So hilarious.... Larry Sun is my favourite writer and a mentor. I look up to you, sir.

EfemenaXY:
What an incredibly, incredibly, funny piece!

I'm still gasping for breath! grin grin

Nice one, Larry! cheesy

Adrenaline123:
Oh, my belly ooo, Larrysun you are truely a genius, mehn I wan, die 'cuz of laugh, don't rest on your laurels sir. Keep it up.
*still laughing ooo*

pweedyuz:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahbgahaha

OMG...my ribs...*continues lafta*

Danrizzle:
seriously rolling on the bed~laughing out louder than loud. Oh boy! This man iza 'Genius' *thumbs up*

Nmeri17:
Dude, this story had me in stitches
[/b]

LINK: The Coffin of Errors

2 Likes

Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by Rounakid(m): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2015
*TITLE -
Kutty And The Ghetto

*DESCRIPTION -
This is a story of two good friends Kutty and Kenny who are both born in one neighbourhood and grew up as two best friends.
After the SSCE Completion, they set out to the City for a greener pasture where they experienced funny ghetto life adventures all in the quest to make it big in life and save theirself from ghetto life.
The question now is... Do they finally made it?
Did they perish in ghetto life?
Find out as you read the story.
One thing is for sure, you will enjoy the sense of humour.
Trust me you gonna laugh and forget your name.
*BELLOW ARE SOME COMMENTS FROM THE READERS :

Holamidhe:
I am waiting 4 next update .....My sister thought I was mad ...Ride on bro
tomzee2:
U help to kill my boring ness I like ya story
jeremie97:
d piss got me laughing real hard well done. nack us more update
tomzee2:
Chai. Bro thanks for this story the story got me laughing that my siblings tut the malaria that is disturbing me has upgraded to madness... Keep it up bro, but always check ur work very well before submitting it nd try to keep frequent update
michaelmo11:
Nice story, bro... I finally commented. But cross-check what you type before submission.. Thumbs up rounakid.
lizbethy:
wow! u got me laughing with dis story of urs,truth be told you've got a intresting writeup
Oyinprince:
bookmarked
*LINK - https://www.nairaland.com/2358538/kutty-ghetto-story-rounakid-kutty
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by Niftyrules(m): 9:13am On Aug 07, 2015
TITLE: Cassock mess
GENRE: Priesthood fiction

SYNOPSIS
How will one explain a final year distinction student in a college who already had a scholarship opportunity waiting for him immediately he steps out of college but met himself in a junction of making decision between taking a scholarship offer and answering the call to ministry?

Living up to his dream of becoming a pharmacist was his initial aspiration, but as destiny would have its way, Cassock was what he saw himself wearing. Who will explain this?

Mathew Ajayi, a born bred American from an Nigerian American parent was made to answer to the call to ministry at the time when the world had waited for his earnest academic manifestation.

Initially life seem though difficult for him to accept the reality of him wearing a Cassock all through his life after much cant he's heard from his father (the son of a clergyman) and friends in school who had often disdain the call to ministry. Mathew doubted awhile, but with his spiritual father the college's chaplain, he went ahead and yield the call when it seem though unpleasant.

He was left alone initially, but the caller backed up this call of his through miracles, signs and wonders which were wrought through his hands. At the peak of his ministry when he started procreating kids, he experienced some mess on his cassock which was thus brought to him by his own blood.

The story continues... Will he be forced to take the action he wouldn't want to take or pray to God for the renewal of their spirit man?
Read Cassockmess today........
www.nairaland.com/2331941/cassock-mess-tales-sons-belial

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by EfemenaXY: 4:42am On Aug 08, 2015
LarrySun:
TITLE: The Coffin of Errors (A Short Story)

GENRE: Screwball Comedy

PITCH/SYNOPSIS: When the old Pa Jimoh died in a ridiculous way, the elders of Ogbomosho decided to honour him with a proper burial. But the coffin-maker, Saka, chose the wrong moment to deliver the coffin as all hell broke loose on his way to Ogbomosho.

RAVES AND REVIEWS:

I hope you haven't given up on writing and still churn out those wonderful stories of yours? cheesy cheesy

Same question goes to Ishilove too. smiley
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by oweniwe(m): 8:17am On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by Rounakid(m): 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
oweniwe:
oga space booker, anytin to offer us?
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by oweniwe(m): 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2015
Rounakid:
oga space booker, anytin to offer us?

I didn't book space... a msg to a nairalander was dia before.
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by Divepen1(m): 10:14pm On Oct 30, 2015
I entered a competition that requires that each person get at least 300 downloads to get to the next stage and I've just gotten 169 downloads. We are getting nearer to the deadline please I need your support. Here is the link....and it's free. http://okadabooks.com/book/about/10172 Thanks in advance.
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2015
Divepen1:
I entered a competition that requires that each
person get at least 300 downloads to get to the next
stage and I've just gotten 169 downloads. We are
getting nearer to the deadline please I need your
support. Here is the link....and it's free.
http://okadabooks.com/book/about/10172
Thanks in advance.
when is the deadline?

Would tomorrow be too late?
Re: Drop A Synopsis Of Your Work Here. by noble4d(m): 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2015
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Cancer / Grand Comedy House Story By Dindy / Heartfelt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.