Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,350 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria (238178 Views)

HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment / MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. / The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by God1000(m): 3:22pm On Dec 12, 2018

3 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by AGIDIMA1(m): 4:31pm On Dec 12, 2018
JeffreyJamez:

What experience do you want to hear.. lollol

Noun wasn't created for your likes, those it was created for are making good use of it and are not complaining... the rest of you should face your Jamb and 7 to 7 lectures and lecture halls...... some of us have a living to make.
u are right bro but u can't jump those verifying process and expect your institution to produce quality student bro.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Teddyg2(m): 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2018
We are in Digital world...
No Cultism Activities
No Sex for Mark in NOUN...
No mark for buying handout
You Study at your convenience time
Study Material that can be download from the school website, Think of it as
reading the lecture instead of listening to a lecturer. . Just try NOUN study material, am sure your life won't remain the same.

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Teddyg2(m): 5:14pm On Dec 12, 2018
. In distance learning the study units replace the university lecture room
situation. This is one of the great advantages of distance learning; you
can read and work through specially designed study materials at your
own pace, and at a time and place that suit you best. Think of it as
reading the lecture instead of listening to a lecturer. In the same way
that a lecturer might set you some reading to do, the study units tell you
when to read your set books or other material. Just as a lecturer might
give you an in-class exercise, your study units provide exercises for you
to do at appropriate points.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by yak(m): 11:05pm On Jan 27, 2019
I am so going to ressurect my abandoned Masters program. Met a Masters Degree holder from NOUN. The guy recently got a lecturing appointment with a federal university where he did his PhD after his M.Sc in NOUN

8 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Teddyg2(m): 11:30pm On Jan 27, 2019
Earlier the better
yak:
I am so going to ressurect my abandoned Masters program. Met a Masters Degree holder from NOUN. The guy recently got a lecturing appointment with a federal university where he did his PhD after his M.Sc in NOUN

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by RazorRazor: 3:00pm On Mar 17, 2019
yak:

Let us resurrect it together pls.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by yak(m): 5:00pm On Mar 17, 2019
RazorRazor:

Let us resurrect it together pls.

Unfortunately, I have to start afresh as the centre coordinator said everything on d old portal is lost
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
The school is just to collect money from student and award certificate. all d Student i know in my area too Smokes weed and fight always, their females just getting pregnant anyhow.
Shame on the school.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by raydboi(m): 9:08am On Mar 18, 2019
That item nō 8, could you explain further, pls?
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by stevy00: 8:30pm On Apr 07, 2019
Please can I still apply for a masters degree admission?
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by NOUNPortal: 4:44am On Apr 11, 2019

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by TeeBabss(m): 1:03am On Jul 31, 2019
NOUNPortal:
NOUN INFO...

> New Noun TMA Closing Date Announced

> Noun School Fees for 2019/2020 Update

> NOUN 2019/20 Admission Portal

Hope you find it useful

Pls, is NYSC discharge certificate necessary to apply for Postgraduate/Masters degree in NOUN?
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Solaks: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2019
Donpizzle:

My people perish due to lack of knowledge. Fortunately dat post was written in the bible for u. U re proud of a school dat u cant serve afta schooling??..its a pity. Crying

Are you sure? If not the stupid mentality of Nigeria. What is even the usefulness of serving which yeye land. Nothing like service in developed countries. Just 2 to 3 years course "at least". And the government so approved working and studying.

You're the one in darkness

2 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Djbs1s4: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
ha! Guys let us be guided o... let us be guide o... and not be blinded by old mentalities about our educational system in Nigeria.

I am a proud graduate of UNILORIN 2:2, and also a postgrad diploma graduate of Noun...

i have secured two scholarships abroad, university of Brunel UK and LUISS Business school in Italy WITH MY NOUN CERTIFICATE...

the idea is to be able to justify what you have learnt o, you are an ambassador of your institution.

NOUN drilled me because i had to study to pass likewise in ilorin, papers i wrote shabbily in my first semester i failed, but passed well after intensive study in second semester.

AND HEAR THIS, INSTITUTIONS ABROAD, VALUE OPEN UNIVERISTY IN NIGERIA AND OTHER PARTS OF THE WORK BECAUSE IT IS MEANT FOR SERIOUS MINDED WORKING CLASS PEOPLE.

YOU CANNOT COMPARE OPEN UNIVERSITY TO NORMAL DAY BOARDING SCHOOL FULL TIME UNIVERSITIES, BECASUE THEY HAVE DIFFERENT PURPOSES AND TARGETS. NATURALLY YOU ARE NOT ASUPPOSSED TO BE ADMITTED INTO NOUN IF YOU DONT HAVE SOME LEVEL OF WORK EXPERIENCE AND A CERTAIN AGE LEVEL.

FULL TIME INSTITUTIONS ARE ,MEANT TO GUIDE AND GROOM SMALL CHILDREN OF 16YEARS AND ABOVE INTO ADULT PROFESSIONALS, a 16 year old child will fail and be messed up and half baked in NOUN,

PLEASE PLEASE AND PLEASE, TRY UNDERSTAND PURPOSE OF A THING BEFORE YOU ABUSE IT.

NOUN IS GOOD AND VERY VERY VERY RECOGNISED ABROAD BECAUSE "THE ABROAD" PEOPLE ARE VERY OBJECTIVE AND UNDERSTAND THAT IF U DONT PUT IN THE WORK YOU CANT GRADUATE...

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Solz7(m): 3:23am On Aug 04, 2020
Personally I feel for a pgd or msc, it's ok doing noun, because at that level you should be matured enough to comprehend or learn Independently without much supervision. But for bsc, I wouldn't recommend such, because at that level, class room interaction and guidance from lecturers is very important, especially if ur quite young. I would only recommend bscs in noun for people that starting working and earning a living right after secondary school and don't have the time to go to conventional unis and have reached an age or stage where maturity and independence is expected from them, And also for people who have atleast an OND or HND.

And with this corona epidemic of recent, there are talks to make conventional tertiary education virtual or online for the time being, if that pans out successfully, what would be the diff btw noun and these conventional tertiary institutions other than their names?

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by glo12(f): 9:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
Can a PHD degree holder from Noun get a job in any university?

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Jimmy4q: 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2021
Please I will like to know if NYSC certificate is required for a master degree in NOUN
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Jimmy4q: 10:46pm On Jul 03, 2021
Please I will like to know if NYSC certificate is required for admission into masters degree programs in NOUN. I need to apply for masters and don't have any NYSC discharge certificate.

God1000:
What do you have to say now? The school is finally in the news for good.
NOUN amendment act that was passed by the senate last year has been signed into law by president buhari on December 7th.
Those of you that have ridiculed the school for years have been put to shame.

We are going to participate in NYSC scheme, attend law school.

NOUN will now have the same power functions and administrative structures like other conventional universities.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.