Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,680 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria (238058 Views)

HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment / MISSING RESULTS..A huge Embarassment To The National Open University. / The Advantages Of National Open University Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Gloryblossom(f): 12:19am On Aug 03, 2015
chowlade:

course materials? you will pay 3000 and 2500 for course materials yet, you still go to your e-portal to download soft copy and print at exorbitant fees.
what are you talking about?
did u go to Nou @ all I doubt if u understand w@ u sayin.that money is for course n exam reg not for handout,get that stop sayin w@ u don't know.if u need handout go to sch early n they will give u handout when they see ur slip.stop talkin trash am a nou student n v collected lot of handout from sch.the one they don't v I buy them instead of waitin till wen de provide,if it is other sch u must buy lecturers handout includin text book n for some wicked lecturers if u don't hav their handout 10marks will b minus from ur score.bter say w@ u r very sure
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by honourableseyi: 1:37am On Aug 03, 2015
chowlade:

Correct my errors if u cant then your grammars will be much worst in comparison to mine ma beside, i can see errors i cannot commit on your previous posts.

Correct my errors[s] if u cant then your grammars will be much worst in comparison to mine ma beside,[/s] (wrong or no punctuation thereby making the whole sentence (s) incomprehensible.. i I can see errors i cannot (no conjunction/punctuation) commit (comment)on your previous posts (How many post)? I'm not perfect when it comes to the issue of English Language correction or "stuff" like that because I'm an Engineer by profession. However, detecting these amount of errors in just a line's sentence will prompt me to ask you these questions which I will want you to answer with all sincerity. What is your discipline and the name of your school?

4 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59am On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=chowlade post=36538835]
you lacked common sense. I cant shout but note "COMMON SENSE pass PhD"[/quote

People like u carry a common sense that's got a very low IQ rating........ A PhD with low IQ is more profitable than a common sense with low IQ..... IQ is the word not common sense.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 03, 2015
honourableseyi:

Correct my errors[s] if u cant then your grammars will be much worst in comparison to mine ma beside,[/s] (wrong or no punctuation thereby making the whole sentence (s) incomprehensible.. i I can see errors i cannot (no conjunction/punctuation) commit (comment)on your previous posts (How many post)? I'm not perfect when it comes to the issue of English Language correction or "stuff" like that because I'm an Engineer by profession. However, detecting these amount of errors in just a line's sentence will prompt me to ask you these questions which I will want you to answer with all sincerity. What is your discipline and the name of your school?

God bless you ....she z got such low IQ , I'm astonished!
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by bellras(m): 5:38am On Aug 03, 2015
You are ignorant of all your assertion. NOUN is not for a dullard. You may check your facts bro.

To get back to you soon.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by bellras(m): 5:41am On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=JeffreyJamez post=36530081]

That's them..... the fact there are a few bad eggs doesn't make the whole crate bad na[/quote

Need not arguing, NOUN that I know is not for a dullard or a lazy student. Go and get your facts!!!
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Kagarko(m): 6:54am On Aug 03, 2015
We should advocate system upgrade not scrapping. As a new organisation it must face challenges.
One day it will all be history when the right persons are appointed to manage its affairs.

Afterall Obasanjo is a graduate of NOUN.

3 Likes

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 03, 2015
Abeg, If you are in Part 3, Business Education, I will need to get some informations from you. Kindly send me a contact I can reach you.....Make we leave this jobless and school less ones alone!

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by goodgate: 8:06am On Aug 03, 2015
chowlade:

the matured ones that has already gotting job before they are giving the school admission right?
What School did you attend? You can't even write and spell properly. Please take your grammar seriously, your Write up does not speak well of you and the School you passed through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by goodgate: 8:10am On Aug 03, 2015
chowlade:

My bad, i think you are not the people i thought you might be. i'm so so Sorry.
mehn!!! Your English is BAD!!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by DzTzl(f): 8:14am On Aug 03, 2015
chowlade:

the matured ones that has already gotting job before they are giving the school admission right?
u r a disgrace to the so called conventional school u went to, Little wonder most of u r unemployable, *gotting*? Smh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by alexinfinity(m): 8:19am On Aug 03, 2015
chowlade:

WTF!!! is that English?
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by goodgate: 8:29am On Aug 03, 2015
chowlade:

yes i typed it under 5minutes on my phone. my bad, is too late i cannot edit
BIG LIE!!!! I follow you, your English has always been very BAD. Go get a lesson teacher, with your grammar here, i make BOLD to say your your school fees has been a WASTE!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 03, 2015
chowlade:

He's a matured mature student of d institution probably above 35yrs okay?
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 03, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

I will be 25 on the 8th of this month grin
Happy birthday in advance dear

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:46am On Aug 03, 2015
MissAssy:

Happy birthday in advance dear

Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by unite4real: 11:12am On Aug 03, 2015
chowlade:

13. NOUN is not on Nigeria university rankings according to the best institution in Nigeria. so therefore not competing with the conventional universities

Out of 229 Tertiary institutions in Nigeria, National Open university of Nigeria is currently 37. this is according to the global ranking site

http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa/nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by unite4real: 11:15am On Aug 03, 2015
[size=14pt]http://www.webometrics.info/en/Africa/nigeria[/size]

Above is the best global ranking site and you will find that NOUN is far ahead of many Nigerian instutions.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by unite4real: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2015
ferdiii:

chai..

Above is the best global ranking site and you will find that NOUN is far ahead of many Nigerian instutions.
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by unite4real: 11:22am On Aug 03, 2015
kendological:
Must ignorant people claim knowledge?? I am a proud final year law student of the National Open University of Nigeria, that school really a pillar of excellence. What does the poster mean by corruption. Is it the bribery and exam Mal practice in the conventional schools you want for us? Or is it the cultism and thuggery? Talking about experience, 95 percent of us are employed, about 40 percent of us are entrepreneurs and and self employed. I have never given anyone any money since I was admitted, I pay online like everyone else, no extortion. Please stop displaying your ignorance and arrogance.

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by unite4real: 11:24am On Aug 03, 2015
veeberry:
For putting up this rubbish, Mr op u ar such a dumb and a jealous animal. U put this up because u feel u are better than ur neighbours children. For your information, NOUN is for the working class. Its a school for distance learning and not meant for children who should experience class teachings. Countries like the UK, USA, SA, India etc has open universities which I can enroll from here in Nig and as well get my degree cert sent to me in Nig without visiting the institution/country. You feel u are better? I advise you develop urself and stop been a hater. That's my candid advise. ....................NOUN is "work and learn".

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Collins0609(m): 11:25am On Aug 03, 2015
for the ignorant fools.I graduate from delta state university and serve in Cross River in 2013 as a batch b corp member .what's visible is that people who graduate with NOUN certificate are present and served. pls fools investigate before concluding
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by unite4real: 11:26am On Aug 03, 2015
adeniyia33:
Yeah, I am.a student of NOUN and I can tell u all points mentioned against d school were correct.

I joined d school cos I av a work that wouldn't allow me have additnal cert due to engagements in d office.

I am a restless person with taste for quality in all I do

But alas, after I gained admission into NOUN, I found out it was a jamboree.

Imagine, I paid for course material which.d school told me was not available after collecting my money and asked me to print d materials from d skul.site using my own fund again....Double wahala

Same.thing is currently happening to a friend of mine as I punch ds bottons.

Having said d above, the skul has good IT stuff deployed during exams, and quality well explained material (u av to print some wt ur money) too.

There is also ds senario of poor study centres around, no good room for students, workers act like they are running a private college.

Finally, either I serve or not, I can bet it I av a good job u can think of. So, ur skul has a.lesser. correlatn wt d kind of job u are securg at d end.

For a.willing mind, there is always a way out..so, success is not attached to certificate but we only need to brace up and feel along.

Thanks for ds good thread

dnysamuel@yahoo.com

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by unite4real: 11:27am On Aug 03, 2015
kossyablaze:
No b dah school OBJ attend one time like that?...
The school was dead on arrival...No focus,no plan,no agenda...I pity her students!...They should just close it up.

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by unite4real: 11:28am On Aug 03, 2015
Drchristian:
The worst school ever Op is on point. they don't use jamb or utme enter self grin I pity people wey they patronize d place

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by unite4real: 11:28am On Aug 03, 2015
funmijoyb:
that school is not a School. Primary school leaving certificate is better than Open university PHD Cert.
Mitcheeew

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by honourableseyi: 11:46am On Aug 03, 2015
unite4real:

You are spamming the thread by doing this, pls nah. Haba!!!!
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by mrpenn76: 12:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
I am a student of noun. I didn't enroll in noun because i can't make jamb but because after my jamb and utme am not financially balanced. therefore I hv to wrk and learn to make my degree. am a nounite and am happy

GREAT NOUN GREAT STUDENTS
Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
You are a proof of a failed Educational system and have no right to criticize any school.

chowlade:

1 Like

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by adeniyia33(m): 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
Oga Critic, forget site ranking. That u graduated from a best ranked School does not.mean u would be better off others.

The point is this, how could u justify school rankg compared to success? Of course, individual would define his.or terms of success.

Be informed that lazy.class are not.meant NOUN.

I can't imagine attending d so called conventional Citadels Where bribery for marks, sleepg wt student before u can pass them, cultism, huliganism and socio vices are d order of d day.

Wise up, education has gone beyound d garden of eden

unite4real:

Re: The Disadvantages Of The National Open University Of Nigeria by unite4real: 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
adeniyia33:
Oga Critic, forget site ranking. That u graduated from a best ranked School does not.mean u would be better off others.

The point is this, how could u justify school rankg compared to success? Of course, individual would define his.or terms of success.

Be informed that lazy.class are not.meant NOUN.

I can't imagine attending d so called conventional Citadels Where bribery for marks, sleepg wt student before u can pass them, cultism, huliganism and socio vices are d order of d day.

Wise up, education has gone beyound d garden of eden

Since you cannot read, let me remind you that the poster mentioned that NOUN cannot be found on any ranking site known. so i had to post an authorized ranking site. I did not mention that NOUN has a very good success rate. pls try to understand where my comment came from.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Ahmadu Bello University (A B U) Zaria, 2011/2012 Admission / NDDC POST-GRADUATE FOREIGN SCHOLARSHIP 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.