Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,939 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help (3801 Views)

Housewife Surprises Husband With N700k She Saved In Her Piggy Bank "Kolo" / Pregnant Lady Strips To Pant & Bra To Show Her Pregnancy Journey / Wife Bathes Husband With Hot Water For Sleeping With Her Mother (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by Onegai(f): 4:10pm On Aug 03, 2015
Best thing for her is for everyone to sit down and make a decision as to what happens in the future. If she keeps the baby, then she must be responsible for 60% of its upkeep (which would put the fear of God and Responsibility in her forever). She can put the baby up for adoption (take it to the Catholic church or the orphanage in Lekki, a good home will be found for it). She can have an abortion. Those are her choices.

Your parents erred. Violence wouldn't have solved the issue, they should have called her and the man and said "if you guys marry it is illegal and we will be arrested for giving her away so we want no part in it, do not inform us of your plans and we will not attend any ceremony, none of us are in support. If she leaves this home, we will report to an NGO and police that she ran away or was abducted. " Even if she was still stubborn, the man would have realised you were willing to harass him in the futurenand wisely kept away. He would have even advised her not to run away (who wants police trouble? )

Unless there was financial inducement from this fellow, I'm not sure why you all agreed.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by darlenese(f): 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
Its a pity there 's nothing any lawyer can do, even if the child turns out to be his, they will only ask him to step up and take responsibility , he can't be forced to accept ur sister back @ 17 ur sister should be in school , how did she get into this mess I owe or father responsible for ruining your sister's life. He failed as a father . your lil sis was a minor when she made that childish decision, its so painful . cry that her family never proteted her

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
udz, thanks for the compliment! I'm flattered.
Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by KanwuliaJara: 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hmmmm!
Bringing a MAN, not even A BOY to my father's compound AT 16! cheesy

Thinking of the kind of family I come from. . . Reading stories like this!

. . . . . And thanking my H-Agnostic GAAAAWD! cool

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by udz: 11:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
Gaborone:
udz, thanks for the compliment! I'm flattered.

U are welcome. People like U are not easy to come by on NL these days. Am privileged to have U ff back. Thanks
Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by pickabeau1: 11:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
Give the baby up for adoption

You are all clueless for allowing that girl marry

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by Wendy80(f): 1:01am On Aug 04, 2015
OP so sorry about what you're passing thru, but sincerely I don't blame ur sister, I blame ur parent. Why would they give her out @ 16? What kind of upbringing was she given for her to be thinking marriage not education @16? Why would a 16year old hold you all to ransom? There's no point wasting money on lawyers fighting a lost battle. I doubt if those laws are effective in Nigeria.
U guys should just help her find her feet again, after childbirth she shd go back to school she's still young and I hope she has learnt her lesson.
See her coconut head grin
Her mate de struggle for Pen she de struggle for Pen*i
Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by SAMBARRY: 7:21am On Aug 04, 2015
cheesy gringringringringringringringringrin

pedophiles always have excellent excuses to perpetrate their disgusting behaviour. They're on this thread sef grin
aflyingbird:
well, if the thief happens to be a politician, someone already rich or who has contacts, of course he won't go to jail. but an ordinary person will. with the way they set pple on fire these days, they might even do that

idk what the fk her family was thinking. everything about this story pisses me off. the moment she told them.she wanted to marry, one hot slap would reset her brain back to factory settings. they should made the man himself realize there was no way in hell he was going to marry their child. 16-yr olds are just in the 11th grade, thinking about what college they want to attend. that's how i know this sonofagun didn't love her or have good intentions cuz he didn't even say "oh wait o, finish your secondary school and go to college na, you're still a kid". of all the pple his age he could've gotten ( he even lied about his age, he's older than 29 ) it had to be a child.

Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by SAMBARRY: 7:23am On Aug 04, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Hmmmm!
Bringing a MAN, not even A BOY to my father's compound AT 16! cheesy

Thinking of the kind of family I come from. . . Reading stories like this!

. . . . . And thanking my H-Agnostic GAAAAWD! cool
I wasn't expecting you here. I thought you don't like stories like this grin
Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by SAMBARRY: 7:31am On Aug 04, 2015
Exactly.

Come to nigeria and see babies birthing babies. A nurse friend was telling me this days mothers drag their teen children for antenatal instead of school. Where's the father. He has disappeared, where does he stay I don't know, do you know his siblings or parents. No.

And you're talking of child support cheesy grin

in nigeria anything goes. Infact if you are a man and you live in the north you can marry a 10 year old have sex with her till she's 13 and has vvf then dump her in the hospital and pick another child for marriage
aflyingbird:
they can't sue him? you mean this man is going to scot-free? this is infuriating angry angry angry

maybe they can publish this story in a paper. if they can't get child support out of him, at least they can let everyone know what a monster he is.

Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by SAMBARRY: 7:33am On Aug 04, 2015
donholy28:
so disciplining a child is now violence.... no wonder children of nowadays no get common sense
in a normal society what is the business of a 16 year old with marriage talk more of motherhood. She's supposed to be in school, she's in a pedophiles house and you're talking bs
Re: My Sister Is Abandoned By Her Husband With Her Pregnancy, Needs You Help by RiffRaff: 8:15am On Aug 04, 2015
dude... Let her abort the pregnancy and start a new life afresh without any baggage.

I am sure she has learned her lesson. That way she will have no connection to the as-shole.
No stigmatization of being a baby mama or afterone (like Naija men call it).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man That Cut Off Wife's Ear With Pliers Tells His Own Side Of The Story / Women: Stop Complaining! / Chinese Woman Married To A Yoruba Man Tells Her Exciting Story:Day I Pounded Yam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.