Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,990 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

[ Ìyá Kekére ] Part 1 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / [ Ìyá Kekére ] Part 1 (510 Views)

Doctor Vs Nurse Vs Patients (18+) Part 1 / STORY: Mrs. Chika, My Favorite 'teacher'[part 1,2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7] / Kimberly Uses Her Bo*bs To Seduce Friend's Husband Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[ Ìyá Kekére ] Part 1 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
http://www.tlsbank.com/2015/06/iya-kekere-part-1.html

There was this petty trader at Orile Agege whom we called “iya kekere ” because of her height . I believe she was an ajase woman. She sold sweet and stuff like that on our street, she would not stop calling me oremi timo timo or oremi atata [my very good friend ] with glowing enthusiasm , at first I liked it and I would stop to buy unnecessary things from her. It goes on for many months until one day, a supposed friend of mine made a joke out of it that “you’ re a close friend of this woman? [laughingly]” I didn’ t say anything but started to feel uncomfortable towards iya kekere. it started to become an embarrassment whenever she called me so , I started to think
how should I be a close friend to her really? Firstly , I was avoiding her by taking another route because I usually would pass through her every morning when I was going to uni. After a certain period , I couldn’ t bear the stress of the route anymore , I thought I would have to tell her to stop calling me her close friend that I just do not like it and that everything else was fine. The next morning , I made my way towards her , as she saw me, she actually screamed because she had not seen me for awhile, she shouted oreeemi ooo , I was so upset , I angrily instructed her never to call me so again in her life . She was shocked and was not sure if I was in the right mood . I further told her she ’ s been disgracing me for awhile and that she should just call me Bukky and that I couldn’t possibly be her close friend. I could see the shock on her face but I really didn’ t care as I left. 3 days later. I was asleep, I heard a very loud noise on my door and I woke up . It was iya kekere shouting “ina ina ina”[fire ! fire !!] I
didn’ t know what was happening she just dragged me out of the building through the back door. It was hell of a smoke and I didn’ t gain my consciousness properly as she dragged me hurriedly out. When we got outside , a massive crowd was waiting for us , everyone rushed to me and said our house was on fire and that the stairs and corridor were not accessible and they knew I was in my room .
....to be continued
Feel free to LIKE, COMMENT & SHARE & don't forget to like FB(www.facebook.com/tlsbank) page for more stories and lessons coming your way.
- See more at: http://www.tlsbank.com/
Re: [ Ìyá Kekére ] Part 1 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 03, 2015
[ Ìyá kekére ] Part 2

...They had been shouting my name , throwing stones at my
window but I did not wake. They probably gave up on me but not until when my petty trader friend came and heard I was in the burning house , I was told she went crazy, she shouted Oreeemi ooo [exclamation ], and insisted that she must come fetch me. How she went through raging fire I don’t know but she saved my life that day. My supposed friend that asked if I was truly iya kekere’s close friend was outside when iya kekere’ s made efforts to rescue me. After I gained full consciousness and I had known what was happening, I looked at Iya kekere, she was crying and she came to hug me so tight. my eyes were gushing out water like a running tap. She uttered "oremi"! my friend i almost collapsed by hearing that. i intensified the hug, i could
only say eehn mondayin lohun [yes, i'm answering you] she further said adupe emi, olohun koni gba e lowo awon obi e [thank God for your life , may death not snatch you from your parents]. I could not utter a word anymore . I was just crying. Everyone else thought I was crying because of belongings or so . But I was crying because i once told my great friend not to call me her close friend again. My dad soon came, running to my house barefooted from where he parked his car . He took me away in his car . I told him what had happened and how I was rescued , he immediately turned back to meet her , but we were told she had left as it was raining anyway. We returned there the next morning but iya kekere never turned up anymore . Information I heard was when she came to rescue me, she left her goods behind and some thugs stole them all . My family made frantic effort to locate her but to no avail . This is about 15 years now. My heart is full of apologies , she was ready to sacrifice her life for me. It wasn ’ t that others didn’ t like me, it ’s just that iya kekere’ s love for me was at another level. My pastor said I would still meet her which I am happy about. Iya kekere is my own close friend wherever she is . I LOVE YOU IYA KEKERE AND YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND
Please do not disregard people who show you genuine love, a friend in need is a friend indeed. I live to regret the day I asked her not to call me her close friend anymore.
May we not drive away our helpers Amen
Feel free to LIKE, COMMENT & SHARE & don't forget to like FB page for more stories and lessons coming your way.
more @ www.tlsbank.com
Re: [ Ìyá Kekére ] Part 1 by banjicom(m): 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2015
...... cry

(1) (Reply)

Princess Habana Find True Love. Part 4 / Fortitude / Mobile Phone; A Curse Or A Blessing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.