Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman (917 Views)

IPOB FIRE BACK: Defence Spokesman Must Be Dismissed From The Army / Adeyemo Akintunde, US-Based Military Colonel Advises Nigerians / Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by olokfor: 9:06pm On Aug 03, 2015

The Defence Headquarters has gotten a new Director of Information. He is Colonel Rabe Abubakar. Colonel Rabe Abubakar took over from Major General Chris Olukolade who is proceeding on retirement after 35 years of meritorious service in the Military and to the Nation in general, though still remain in active service till September 2015.

While addressing the Media shortly after taking over as the Defence Spokesman, Colonel Abubakar said he was aware and conscious of the security challenges in the country and the need for collective efforts to confront it. “There is absolute need for synergy of efforts and collaboration among all stakeholders to re-strategise in the area of information collection, management and determination in counter terrorism and insurgency” he stressed.

The new Director of Information stated that he would make himself readily accessible, available, responsive and proactive in dealing with media and other partners in the course of promoting the military/media relationship. He promised to maintain excellent and robust press relations with all segments of media outlets to support the Nigeria Armed Forces operations and activities.

In the same manner, Colonel Abubakar reiterated his intention to adopt positive measures in his resolve to promote excellent civil/military relations, thereby gaining public understanding and goodwill in support of our troops in the theatre of operations. Colonel Abubakar therefore promised to maintain the professional standard set by his predecessor, Major General Chris Olukolade and even work hard to improve upon his achievement by tapping from his wealth of experience and knowledge from time to time.

Colonel Rabe Abubakar was born on 7 April 1965. He hails from Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State. On completion of his Secondary education, he proceeded to obtain his Bachelor of Arts Degree in History and was later commissioned into the Nigerian Army as a Second Lieutenant in 1989.

Since commissioning, the senior officer has held several Command and Staff appointments some of which include; Coordinator Joint Media Centre at the Headquarters of the Joint Task Force Operation in the Niger Delta, Commandant Nigerian Army School of Public Relations and Information (NASPRI), Lagos and the Executive Director Corporate Affairs, Nigerian Army Welfare Limited.

The senior officer has also attended several courses. These include Company Amphibious Course and National Defence College, China. His hobbies include Jogging, Badminton and reading.

Colonel Abubakar is happily married and blessed with children.

WAY OLABISI
Lieutenant Commander
for Director Defence Information

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/photos-colonel-abubakar-takes-over-from.html

cc: lalasticlala ishilove
Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by INTROVERT(f): 9:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
ok
Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by Mogidi: 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2015
Public Notice:
I formally known as Mogidi now wish to be known and addressed as Mohammed-Gidi, all former documents remain valid.

cc: Alhaji Adamu Oshiomhole, Alhaji Amaechi, Alhaji Rochas

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by Chimezie250(m): 9:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
them again

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by emerich(m): 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
Anoda Ewuasa man again.
Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by kodded(m): 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2015
undecided

''i belong to northerners and i belong to nobody'' ................... the dullard of northern nigeria

undecided

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by melzabull(f): 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
ok. 'Nottingham' continua.....

if you get my point

This only brings a certain aspiration closer and closer

somebody shout chanji...chanji....chanji

yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
Next.
Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by RichDad1(m): 9:27pm On Aug 03, 2015
Bye Bye, PDP spoke Person. angry angry angry
Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by ademusiwa5: 9:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
[size=28pt]Do you people see the flag of Nigeria on their back. No. Because it is 2 countries.

And the military inside the country of western Nigeria is under my control

Buhari is only head of state inside 26 states

You people still don't believe that I am emperor. You see picture with your eyes
That why they military is now checking everybody coming in and out of the country of western Nigeria

Because I am the emperor/head of state of the country of western Nigeria

.[/size]
Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by Curlieweed: 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
This Mumuhary "change" is more wonderful than I had hoped.

I was thinking he was only going to put the Zoo into slow, painful, irreversible terminal decline. Little did I know that he was under special anointing from Ekwensu to rapidly break the prison and free the inmates. Truly, the ways of the Gods are sure beyond human understanding.
Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by ademusiwa5: 1:47am On Aug 04, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]xb

[img]Http://s25.postimg.org/djgg9u2dp/Untitled.png[/img]
Re: PHOTOS: Colonel Abubakar Takes Over From General Olukolade As Defence Spokesman by ademusiwa5: 1:52am On Aug 04, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Tinubu Accused Of Raising N4.7BN Bailout For Aregbesola / I Still Miss Abiola, Says IBB @ 74 / Rivers Poll: Tribunal Declines To Dismiss Apc’s Petition Against Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.