Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch (22363 Views)

Imagine Fighting Boko Haram Two Days Without Food At Sambisa Axis. (pix) / Buhari Relaunches War Against Indiscipline Brigade / Army Set To Wipe Out Boko Haram From Sambisa- Defense Minister (2) (3) (4)

Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by HungerBAD: 4:12am On Aug 04, 2015
The Chief of Army Staff, Maj. Gen. Tukur Buratai, may have concluded plans to establish a Special Task Force Battalion to be located in the dreaded Sambisa Forest.

It was learnt on Sunday that the establishment of the new brigade was meant to take the battle to the insurgents in their stronghold and operational domain.

It was gathered also that the plan to establish the force brigade was part of efforts to re-organise the Army.

Sunday PUNCH had exclusively reported that the Army had dissolved its court-martial.

According to the report, cases of some soldiers will also be revisited.

The Army spokesman, Col Sani Umar, had on Saturday said that the force was reviewing all recent disciplinary cases due to the wave of litigation by some aggrieved personnel.

It was learnt that the plan to establish a brigade at Sambisa forest was to flush insurgents out of the forest.

The latest move is believed to be part of the comprehensive plans to get the insurgents out of their Sambisa base and prevent them from having territories which they could use to carry out attacks in the Lake Chad Basin area.

A security source, who confided in one of our correspondents, said that the planned brigade to be named the 29th Special Task Force Brigade under 7th Division would be saddled with the responsibility of pursuing the insurgents in the vast area.

It was stated that the Army Chief decided to create the additional brigade to confront the insurgents in Sambisa because of the belief that some terrorists still maintain hideouts in the forest from which they carry out attack on civilian settlements.

The source said, “The new Chief is planning a new brigade in the mission area. The brigade is to be called 29th Special operations Brigade under the 7th division of the Nigerian Army.

“You know that the Sambisa Forest is very vast and they are still staging their attacks from the forest. What the Chief wants to do is to establish the brigade in the forest and take the fight to them.

“The brigade will be there permanently to go after the insurgents, destroy their stronghold and restore sanity in the area. The troops are very excited about the idea.”

The insurgents have launched four attacks on Buratai, the home town of the COAS in Borno State since the first attack in February 2014.

The last attack which was repelled took place last Monday.

A security analyst, Ben Okezie, frowned on the planned establishment of a brigade inside Sambisa Forest, saying he did not understand the rationale behind the decision.

He noted that the move was unnecessary since the army has a division in Borno State where the forest is located.

Okezie stated that what the army needed were better strategies to tackle the insurgents, noting that the military could re-engage retired major generals to assist with the battle against terrorists.

He also dismissed the relocation of the Command and Control Centre to Maiduguri, saying it might not achieve any result.

Meanwhile, the Director of Public Relations and Information of the Nigerian Air Force, Dele Alonge, has said that the fighter pilots of the NAF and the ground forces repelled an attack on Bita town by the insurgents on Sunday.

Alonge said that the Air Force deployed its Alpha Jets to aid the ground troops to prevent the Boko Haram’s incursion into Bita.
http://www.punchng.com/news/army-set-to-establish-brigade-at-sambisa-forest/

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:15am On Aug 04, 2015
Sometimes I wonder y we treat ds Sambisa Forest like a forbidden forest full of evil gods, y can d military Load a helicopter full of Bomb n drop it there?

Meanwhile;
After my Vigil ds morning I was opportune to b d second to comment but God gave me victory by removing d comment of d person above me so I'm FTC, I pray a prayer for u: Any body dat want to take ur place @ d Top will be remove, say Amen with ur "Likes"

Again;
Dis space is nt 4 sale beware of My precious Daughter INTROVERT.........

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by fulanimafia: 4:19am On Aug 04, 2015
I remember it was just months ago Sambisa was made to seem like the Bermuda Triangle - a place of no return, and our soldiers were filmed running away from its blood sucking occupants...

Now we are establishing a Brigade in the overrated forest.

Can the wailers now see the wisdom in moving the command centre to Maiduguri? Gen. Buratai should blow those jihadic cretins to smithereens and abandon their carcasses to dry under the blazing sun of the Sahara.

Sai Operation Lafiya Dole!

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by jcross19: 4:21am On Aug 04, 2015
Boko haram turned borno to mogandisu of somalia. God save our beloved nation.

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by An2elect2(f): 4:33am On Aug 04, 2015
Let's hope this works. Tho i feel some things should be shrouded in secrecy.
Well,I may be wrong.

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by prof17(m): 4:41am On Aug 04, 2015
Is not bad that's the principle of maccavelie in his book tittled''the prince " which state that when you conquer a terriotory you establish your army because if you don't do. Your enamy will reveaged and. Take advantage on you which will very disastrious!! Stratagic planner!!!!!!!! Life OOooooo

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by Heromaniaa: 4:47am On Aug 04, 2015
Take the war to them. Break their will and might. shove the seven illusionary virgins down their throat. And make sure they choke on them till they cum.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by Sunexy(m): 4:50am On Aug 04, 2015
Am gon have 2 join dem..

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by JudgeWilson(m): 5:14am On Aug 04, 2015
Slow and steady we are getting there. This is a welcome development. The previous administration no get dis kind ideal oo. Nigeria Army is winning the war haters keep on hating, Wailing Wailers keep on wailing. How many likes for Baba nd NA?

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by gists: 5:15am On Aug 04, 2015
And the fo0lish TANoids call him a dullard.
Just a few months ago BH was taking on the Nigerian Army and claiming territories.
Today the same Nigerian Army is establishing a center in BH fortress.
The question is: What has changed? Has the NA gotten more weapons? Have they recruited more personnel's? Have they gone on more advanced training? How come the same BH that was chasing our soldier a few months back suddenly are on the back foot?
What has changed is the quality of and the body language of the leadership. We now have a no nonsense General as president not a certain drunk fedora hat wearing fisherman.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by Nobody: 5:16am On Aug 04, 2015
Hmmm lallai kam.
Masu Gudu Su Gudu.

Sai Buratai

20 Likes

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by free2ryhme: 5:23am On Aug 04, 2015
This is a good strategy. The best form of defence is to attack, attack and attack. If this plan is executed, these vermins called Boko Haram will be totally smoked out and extinguised

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by Realisticman: 5:32am On Aug 04, 2015
fulanimafia:
I remember it was just months ago Sambisa was made to seem like the Bermuda Triangle - a place of no return, and our soldiers were filmed running away from its blood sucking occupants...

Now we are establishing a Brigade in the overrated forest.

Can the wailers now see the wisdom in moving the command centre to Maiduguri?

Sai Operation Zaman Lafiya!
It is now operation Lafia Dole( peace by force)!

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by kennyman2000(m): 5:33am On Aug 04, 2015
Hmmmmm...
Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by ORACLE1975(m): 5:34am On Aug 04, 2015
I beg make I come help una biuld ni.

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by fulanimafia: 5:39am On Aug 04, 2015
Realisticman:

It is now operation Lafia Dole( peace by force)!

Thanks for the reminder.

16 Likes

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by abduljabbar4(m): 5:42am On Aug 04, 2015
Sai Buhari
Sai operation zaman lafiya dole.
Abeg Buhari go slower.
#theslowerthebetter

26 Likes

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by Rexsul: 5:51am On Aug 04, 2015
Hmmmm slow and steady win d race. I biliv Baba hs been sent 2 us by God 2 wipe our tear....wish our NA army d best. Sai Buhari!

24 Likes

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by abduljabbar4(m): 5:56am On Aug 04, 2015
HungerBAD:
"the brigade will be there parmanently to go after the insurgents, destroy their strongholds, and restore sanity back to the area. The troops are very excited about the idea.
Even the troops are enjoying the change.
God bless the army

28 Likes

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by PrettyClare7(f): 5:56am On Aug 04, 2015
The fight against BH just became real :Dthat is if all i have been hearing is true

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 04, 2015
Anything for peace is allowed..

If getting it requires setting a brigade in devil's kingdom,you have my blessing..

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by alienvirus: 6:22am On Aug 04, 2015
This is fire for fire.

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by PassingShot(m): 6:23am On Aug 04, 2015
Very good news.

This is a confirmation of the slogan "Operation Lafiya Dole" (Peace by Force).

May the NA overcome.

16 Likes

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by omenka(m): 6:31am On Aug 04, 2015
Heromaniaa:
Take the war to them. Break their will and might. shove the seven illusionary virgins down their throat. And make sure they choke on them till they cum.
200, 000, 000Likes.

16 Likes

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by handie(m): 6:34am On Aug 04, 2015
Very good! Take the war to these fools and consolidate on the gains of these past two weeks. Flush em out like rats and show no mercy. Slowly but steadily, baba is working and BH is becoming less powerful. Just imagine! There was a time these same nonentities controlled an area that's the size of Belgium. Thank God for change o. Even from their last video, it's obvious they are losing it. Imagine them now having to remind us that they are still strong. In times past, all they had to do was seize a local govt. Just waiting for that wailer who will say Jonathan laid d foundation for Baba's victory in the war against insurgency cause he procured d weapons... Who needs a fast but foolish runner when I can have a slow, steady and wise option? Baba is working, wailers are wailing

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by Cutehector(m): 6:43am On Aug 04, 2015
Why can't the nigerian army do classified operations for once...

The masses aren't suposed to hear this... The army is too too open..

Pardon my english...

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by tempex88(m): 7:03am On Aug 04, 2015
Bravo Bruntai

Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by Mortiano(m): 7:11am On Aug 04, 2015
ok, that should be brave, if they can do it. but it is high time we kept secret some operations.
Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by Segadem(m): 7:17am On Aug 04, 2015
Mortiano:
ok, that should be brave, if they can do it. but it is high time we kept secret some operations.

If he's going to take fore-front no problem but he must not issues command in abuja while unarmed army face with den of death.
Re: Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch by kliq(m): 7:17am On Aug 04, 2015
That Forest should be converted to a Desert

Violent taketh it by force

God bless Nigeria!

PDP Delegates Show Fayose Ballot As They Vote For Bisi Kolawole / APC Supporter Begs Peter Obi To Contribute His Ideas To Tinubu Administration / FG Sends Parents Of Kidnapped Chibok Girls To Cameroon