Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 (31998 Views)

Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs / Banks To Sack Staff In Second Quarter – Rewane / When People Are Sacked From Their Jobs, Do They Get Paid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by hisgrace090: 7:59am On Aug 04, 2015
This is what it should be a country constantly messed up for a whopping period of 16 yrs with impunity, well we hope for change to come.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by eleko1: 8:00am On Aug 04, 2015
Why u com Aradite/glue ur lips?Say something.
efilefun:
lipsrsealed
undecided
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by DesChyko: 8:00am On Aug 04, 2015
Well
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by PassingShot(m): 8:01am On Aug 04, 2015
Feranmicharles:
embarassed embarassedangry

Oya shout buhari make I seeangry
Do you have an idea what months the second quarter of the year represent?
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by profalgorithm(m): 8:01am On Aug 04, 2015
So Where are we going to in this Country. May d All-sufficient God meet all ur needs today, this week, this month, this year and the rest of your life IJN
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by ShowYourCertificate: 8:06am On Aug 04, 2015
omenka:
Most of these figures result from the TAN employees who lost their jobs after JonaTAN's resounding defeat. I think they were 12million of them, judging from the signatures collected by Ifeanyi Uba, so we expect the figure to rise as PDP clearly
stated its resolve to cut salaries and jobs. Some Wailers on the forum would be affected too.

A little fraction comes from banks and industries. But many have also been gainfully employed in the same period under review.
You are obviously good at what you do. No wonder they (APC Propaganda Unit) employed you grin

5 Likes

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Ejanla11(m): 8:07am On Aug 04, 2015
may God not let anyone of us experience. It has never been a good condition.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Abimbola29(m): 8:08am On Aug 04, 2015
We should blame PDP for this!!!
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by omenka(m): 8:08am On Aug 04, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
You are obviously good at what you do. No wonder they (APC Propaganda Unit) employed you grin
Lol. You no well.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Collins87: 8:09am On Aug 04, 2015
Am watching.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by avast007: 8:10am On Aug 04, 2015
soo bad....
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Amack(m): 8:11am On Aug 04, 2015
Which way Nigeria. I think is better we separate maybe that will be solution to all this problem. Housa Igbo yoruba and niger delta every body go hustle. It will be an interesting competition.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by eleko1: 8:12am On Aug 04, 2015
NLC is dead since Osho baba comot from there.We all see the uselessness of once vibrant NAFDAC under late DORA(May her soul RIP)What we have now are thieves.
toopsy22:
And Nobody Is Protesting,,, NLC is sleeping... I guess those who lost their jobs already have an alternative,,,,,

Team start something independent,, don't depend on white collar job.. They could become black collar when you least expect... ##Farming is the future,,#be ya own boss
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by ShowYourCertificate: 8:12am On Aug 04, 2015
omenka:
Lol. You no well.
I doff my hat for you bro. You too much grin

4 Likes

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Icon4s(m): 8:14am On Aug 04, 2015
ITbomb:
Simple math

1,362,274 (New Hire) - 1, 317,700 (Sacked) = 44,574 increase in the employed

[size=14pt]This is a good development[/size]

U did nt tåke into cognisance d new set of unemployed churned out after NYSC.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by sunshine1974(m): 8:15am On Aug 04, 2015
because we rely solely on education, we refuse to develop our entrepreneurial skills, until dat is done, unemployment will continue to rise, u don't need to be a graduate to be an MD/CEO of a company. I spoke with a lady friend of mine on facebook, she's an American, I asked her about her educational status and she said she dropped out of college but the position she's occupying now in an establishment ordinarily demands a minimum of masters degree but she doesn't even have a college certificate. I asked her how dat is possible she den replied dat she knows d job and started small den worked her way to d top, she said it's all about what u can do and not about certification. In my former company I was really close to some of our expatriates and dere confession is really alarming, only few of dem passed through college, the rest are just ordinary plumbers, carpenters, electricians, mechanics and so on. But dey fuckingg know d job compared to our masters and even PhD holders. We just go to skool for certificate yet we don't know anything.

2 Likes

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Feranmicharles(m): 8:15am On Aug 04, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you have an idea what months the second quarter of the year represent?
noangry I'd like to know itembarassed
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 04, 2015
The northern president should create jobs.That was one of his campaign promises.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Ybnm4life(m): 8:19am On Aug 04, 2015
The increase in the rate of unemployment is as a result of the devaluation of our Naira against the dollar which invariably make importation of capital and labour more expensive thereby making companies to sack some workers inother to create more funds for production of goods...
Don't know why a great country of ours has to go through this phase given the level of resouces we have at our disposal.
Let's just pray and hope that our dear president will make 1 dollar equals to 1 naira quick so that this senario will be reversed...
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by luvinhubby(m): 8:19am On Aug 04, 2015
What happened to YOUWIN & GIS?
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by corperscorner: 8:23am On Aug 04, 2015
[size=15pt]Okonjo-Iweala is here with her numbers again....saddist
[/size]
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by corperscorner: 8:24am On Aug 04, 2015
luvinhubby:
What happened to YOUWIN & GIS?

[size=15pt]The same thing that happened to Michael Jackson and Bruce Lee.............#DEAD[/size]
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 04, 2015
There is no job scasity anything ooh! The shi' is that some 4kaz are just waiting for FG to come knock on their door and saay, 'come work'.

See Agricultural sector for instance, we've got so many activities to be done there but boys of these days are hoping on oil and political jobs #smh.

As for me, I will continue with my recharge card pprinting business, I will continue to fix ccomputer systems and get my daily -bread. One day, I shall offer jobs to the Govt.

If u believe, like my like grin

5 Likes

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 04, 2015
People shouting entrepreneurship, if everybody na entrepreneur, who dem go hire?
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by corperscorner: 8:25am On Aug 04, 2015
shadowgwalker:
There is no job scasity anything ooh! The shi' is that some 4kaz are just waiting for FG to come knock on their door and saay, 'come work'.

See Agricultural sector for instance, we've got so many activities to be done there but boys of these days are hoping on oil and political jobs #smh.

As for me, I will continue with my recharge card pprinting business, I will continue to fix ccomputer systems and get my daily -bread. One day, I shall offer jobs to the Govt.

If u believe, like my like grin

[size=15pt]1,000,000 likes...

Seun give this dude a bottle of cold beer...[/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by sunshine1974(m): 8:25am On Aug 04, 2015
Too much emphasis on education, for crying out loud, we all have one skill or the other, why not develop it and bcom great entrepreneurs, an average Nigerian graduate goes up and down looking for who to work for, a lot sit at home lazying around hiding under the canopy of unemployment. What we need now is job creators not job hunters, hundreds of thousands of graduates are bin dumped into the labor market every quarter with no job. Smh. We need to encourage skill development. A friend of mine was forced to study medicine by his parents and dis dude prefers IT, very handy wen it comes to programming and IT skills, but he went ahead to study medicine just to pls his parents after graduating he dumped dat result and went after certifications in IT, d guy works for 3 different companies as we speak as IT consultant, working only on calls and making his millions. Our parents too join for dis matter.

2 Likes

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by corperscorner: 8:27am On Aug 04, 2015
sunshine1974:
Too much emphasis on education, for crying out loud, we all have one skill or the other, why not develop it and bcom great entrepreneurs, an average Nigerian graduate goes up and down looking for who to work for, a lot sit at home lazying around hiding under the canopy of unemployment. What we need now is job creators not job hunters, hundreds of thousands of graduates are bin dumped into the labor market every quarter with no job. Smh. We need to encourage skill development. A friend of mine was forced to study medicine by his parents and dis dude prefers IT, very handy wen it comes to programming and IT skills, but he went ahead to study medicine just to pls his parents after graduating he dumped dat result and went after certifications in IT, d guy works for 3 different companies as we speak as IT consultant, working only on calls and making his millions. Our parents too join for dis matter.

[size=15pt]Ishilove......A plate of catfish pepper soup for my friend here please...[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by luvinhubby(m): 8:28am On Aug 04, 2015
corperscorner:

[size=15pt]The same thing that happened to Michael Jackson and Bruce Lee[/size]
cheesy
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 04, 2015
Godmother:
These figures are alarming. What's being done to contain it? Are the youths or graduates being empowered to go into self employment, since there are no forthcoming jobs?

Self employment, this is a decline in revenue issue, if govt is broke it means it wont have money to spend, my solution to this problem is

RECOVER ALL THE FUNDS STOLEN BY PAST ADMINISTRATIONS, GO TO ALL BANKS OF THE WORL AND RECOVER THESE FUND
'DECLARE OPERATION RECOVERY' angry
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by onomeasike: 8:28am On Aug 04, 2015
By real statistical implications, 71.49% of the working age bracket (15-65) are actively looking for jobs because they are either unemployed or underemployed :op
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 04, 2015
sunshine1974:
because we rely solely on education, we refuse to develop our entrepreneurial skills, until dat is done, unemployment will continue to rise, u don't need to be a graduate to be an MD/CEO of a company. I spoke with a lady friend of mine on facebook, she's an American, I asked her about her educational status and she said she dropped out of college but the position she's occupying now in an establishment ordinarily demands a minimum of masters degree but she doesn't even have a college certificate. I asked her how dat is possible she den replied dat she knows d job and started small den worked her way to d top, she said it's all about what u can do and not about certification. In my former company I was really close to some of our expatriates and dere confession is really alarming, only few of dem passed through college, the rest are just ordinary plumbers, carpenters, electricians, mechanics and so on. But dey fuckingg know d job compared to our masters and even PhD holders. We just go to skool for certificate yet we don't know anything.
this is some good point...the truth is the jobs we do here that we have to go to school like we intend to lecture in the future are all just routine jobs..its not like the jobs are positions in NASA where a high I.Q is needed..we just dey go school anyhow..
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by neocortex: 8:33am On Aug 04, 2015
Sai Buhari is working.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Journalists Around The World Risk Their Lives. / Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews / What Next After A 3rd Class From University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.