Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 (31983 Views)

Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs / Banks To Sack Staff In Second Quarter – Rewane / When People Are Sacked From Their Jobs, Do They Get Paid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by PassingShot(m): 8:34am On Aug 04, 2015
Feranmicharles:
noangry I'd like to know itembarassed
Divide the twelve months into four. The first three months is the first quarter, the next three the second quarter; and so on.

Your god was in charge in April and May of the three months in the 2nd quarter.

Next time, I won't give free lectures. cool

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by corperscorner: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
this is some good point...the truth is the jobs we do here that we have to go to school like we intend to lecture in the future are all just routine jobs..its not like the jobs are positions in NASA where a high I.Q is needed..we just dey go school anyhow..

[size=15pt]Seun....can this guy have a bottle of Orijin please. He just touched my girlfriend's heart.[/size]
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 04, 2015
the oil in the niger delta has blocked every hole of reasoning in the heads of nigerians...i say this..let the government ensure true federalism and we will see so much improvements in employment and also the nigerian economy..its just indolence on the part of nigeria as a country,...the whole nation depends on oil and many want to work in the oil firms while other sectors are left to go defunct..what happened to mining, textile production, agriculture etc...

i await when buhari would do the needful and espouse true federalism/resource control so that all nigerians can think beyond oil...
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by SeverusSnape(m): 8:37am On Aug 04, 2015
zicoraads:
Omenka, most of your input on this forum are usually devoid of any intelligence, in whatever form. The rate of unemployment is not a phenomenon that happened with Jonathan's government, or TAN for that matter. I appended my signature on a paper for a TAN rally that came to town, does that mean am unemployed? Do you know the calibre of boys and girls, men and women that signed those books? People that are living well off. I am certain most of those people are doing much, much better than you. So, if we are to categorise people under unemployment or underemployment, you should be top of the list.

That being said, the country has a new sherrif. The sensible thing for the PDP now is to lay off workers and cut costs. They cannot afford to pay all their workers anymore. But these workers are also Nigerians, and as the new sherrif in town, the president must also provide jobs for them, as he must also do for Nigerians as a whole.
The guy (Omenka) is a zombie, Did you expect anything devoid of stupidity from him?

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 04, 2015
eleko1:
NLC is dead since Osho baba comot from there.We all see the uselessness of once vibrant NAFDAC under late DORA(May her soul RIP)What we have now are thieves.
ahaha Oshobaba is on a long lost lane with his beauty..as you can see he no longer wears khakhi again....,,,,

The big NLC complex in tejuosho has been sold to bail/cloth sellers...I think the SUG in some schools are even more vibrant that them... its all 'bout d money for Nlc now...

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 04, 2015
corperscorner:

[size=15pt]Seun....can this guy have a bottle of Orijin please. He just touched my girlfriend's heart.[/size]
grin grin grin...you no well o...but its the truth bro..even all the shell,chevron,mobil and agip jobs you see are all routine jobs that an ssce holder can carry out if trained well...nothing herculean about those jobs..
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by adedayourt(m): 8:41am On Aug 04, 2015
AND EVEN IN THE MIDST OF THESE, THEY THAT MADE THE LORD THEIR REFUGE LL ALWAYS HAVE REASONS TO FLURISH IN PLENITUDE
smiley smiley
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Tbee: 8:42am On Aug 04, 2015
This is really bad. So how do we achieve a growing economy when we have such situation at hand. we all need to find solution to this problem not just blame our Government.

It is well
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
the oil in the niger delta has blocked every hole of reasoning in the heads of nigerians...i say this..let the government ensure true federalism and we will see so much improvements in employment and also the nigerian economy..its just indolence on the part of nigeria as a country,...the whole nation depends on oil and many want to work in the oil firms while other sectors are left to go defunct..what happened to mining, textile production, agriculture etc...

i await when buhari would do the needful and espouse true federalism/resource control so that all nigerians can think beyond oil...
my dear,,Nigeria is already leaving the oil alone, its just a gradual process..... with the drastic reduction in global oil price,,oil coy's no longer making profit thus on a sacking spree,,

one major thing we need now is stable power supply, less corruption and Nigerians will solve their own problems.... we need to go back to that decade when we used to be a major exporter of cocoa, groundnut, palm oil... even our tourism sector that has great potentials is currently zero..
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by ITbomb(m): 8:53am On Aug 04, 2015
Icon4s:

U did nt tåke into cognisance d new set of unemployed churned out after NYSC.

Buhari will take care of that. Remember, statistics are usually one year late
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 04, 2015
The pathetic unemployment situation at hand gives no room for anybody to continue waiting for to be employed. Even the underemployed should have a rethink. My dear, it's time to embark on self-development economically if you must bring food to the table. Like someone said and i quote, "there's something only you can do to change the face of the world, big or small", and that thing can comfortably put food on your table and brings out the best in you. Self-development/self-employment is the way out.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Spydamannn(m): 8:56am On Aug 04, 2015
Starting your Own Business seems to be the Key but not everybody is Built for that,Some people like office things,Well....
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 04, 2015
zicoraads:
Omenka, most of your input on this forum are usually devoid of any intelligence, in whatever form. The rate of unemployment is not a phenomenon that happened with Jonathan's government, or TAN for that matter. I appended my signature on a paper for a TAN rally that came to town, does that mean am unemployed? Do you know the calibre of boys and girls, men and women that signed those books? People that are living well off. I am certain most of those people are doing much, much better than you. So, if we are to categorise people under unemployment or underemployment, you should be top of the list.

That being said, the country has a new sherrif. The sensible thing for the PDP now is to lay off workers and cut costs. They cannot afford to pay all their workers anymore. But these workers are also Nigerians, and as the new sherrif in town, the president must also provide jobs for them, as he must also do for Nigerians as a whole.

Gbam!
The omenka boy is daft and very ignorant yet he continues to comment. There should be a means to filter out and block half educated goons from commenting on this forum.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by rigarmortis: 9:01am On Aug 04, 2015
omenka:
Most of these figures result from the TAN employees who lost their jobs after JonaTAN's resounding defeat. I think they were 12million of them, judging from the signatures collected by Ifeanyi Uba, so we expect the figure to rise as PDP clearly
stated its resolve to cut salaries and jobs. Some Wailers on the forum would be affected too.

A little fraction comes from banks and industries. But many have also been gainfully employed in the same period under review.

every issue must be twisted to accommodate the failures of jonathan or PDP in a way, when negative, but if positive, then its buhari, eg power generation. like I said you are more partisan than patriotic, a slave sheep following a blind master even when he goofs and a wolf in sheeps clothing when it suits you to defend.

jonathan is gone, APC promised change, they should get the job done without delay cos that's what they were voted for, all the referrals to the past is just plain cluelessness as to how to navigate the future after making all the promises.

your dumbfuckery never ceases to amaze me.

it is new every morning.

1 Like

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 04, 2015
toopsy22:
my dear,,Nigeria is already leaving the oil alone, its just a gradual process..... with the drastic reduction in global oil price,,oil coy's no longer making profit thus on a sacking spree,,

one major thing we need now is stable power supply, less corruption and Nigerians will solve their own problems.... we need to go back to that decade [b]when we used to be a major exporter of cocoa, groundnut, palm oi[/b]l... even our tourism sector that has great potentials is currently zero..
we can rapidly achieve this through what i talked about...even power can be quickly generated/distributed if each state can produce its own electrical power...states need to be independent so as to foster development..we cant keep waiting on the federal government which in turn depends solely on the niger delta..we cant live like that anymore as a country...let each state explore its resources and cushion the realities of our economy...
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Happiness87(f): 9:13am On Aug 04, 2015
acidtalk:
Some few months ago (just before the election). I came up with the below thread and while the wise learned from it, the fooolish ones condemned me.

https://www.nairaland.com/2126250/facts-should-know-before-february

NOTE: THE ECONOMY HAS SERIOUSLY BEEN DESTROYED BEFORE BUHARI TOOK OVER AND WILL NEED NOTHING EARLIER THAN ONE YEAR TO STABILIZE THINGS FOR PEOPLE TO BEGIN TO SEE REAL CHANGES.
can't you see, you are still foolish, what does your write up have to do with this thread,

Try to raise nonsense sentiments.
Have you seen the list of oil importers and you didn't see Tinubu's and other APC coys.

have you seen the list of generator importers and you didn't see, ApC businessness men.

you are very foolish, now get some sense

Falana: Buhari Under Pressure To Protect Cabal, Business Class'
The suspicion bedevilling President Muhammadu Buhari's administration and the business community yesterday took another dimension, as Lagos lawyer, Mr Femi Falana (SAN) on Monday revealed that the president is under pressure by some All Progressives Congress (APC) members to protect the interest of the ruling and businesselite in the country.Falana made the call at the launch of a book by former Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) National Secretary, Dr Musa Babayo, titled: 'Economic Diplomacy and Nigeria's Foreign Policy'He stated that such pressure was detrimental to the overall interest of Nigerians and the APC change agenda.He cited the recent snub some of the business class received from the president during the US visit, frowning on any move that will derail the government.He said: "The adoption of neo-liberal economic policies by the federal government has continued to promote poverty among the generality of Nigerians despite the abundant resources ofour country. Out of the population of about 150 million, not less than 100 million are living below the poverty line."The national planning has been abandoned for market forces by those who control our country, and what is going on now, even from the APC, there are people that are mounting pressure on President Buhari to continue to run the economy of Nigeria in the interest of a few people and in the personal minority interest of captains of industry without industry.”http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/falana-buhari-under-pressure-by-apc-members-to-protect-cabal-business-class-interest/215767/#.VbayqHvmyyI.facebook

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by demtrack(m): 9:26am On Aug 04, 2015
rifasenate11:
Ehyaa.. that's why I rep self employment to the core. It will take time to build. But its built to last. No guile , no stress , no fears of being sack. If God be with you, you will end up employing them graduates. .
That is the fact.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by MrCork: 9:31am On Aug 04, 2015
Nnaeb:
Unemployment rate worsens :1.3m lost jobs in Q2 -National Bureau of Statistics

- Source:http://jobtrends.com.ng/unemployment-rate-worsens-1-3m-lost-jobs-in-q2-national-bureau-of-statistics/

...was shockin about no job ther in Nigeria....notin.....du u people nomaly hav job? ..NO...so was the big deal??(no oofeinse) undecided
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
we can rapidly achieve this through what i talked about...even power can be quickly generated/distributed if each state can produce its own electrical power...states need to be independent so as to foster development..we cant keep waiting on the federal government which in turn depends solely on the niger delta..we cant live like that anymore as a country...let each state explore its resources and cushion the realities of our economy...
With a bunch of mumu governors that we have whose full time job is to follow d president around,, your motion will be in the farthest foreseeable future Until we have focused gov. whose lifetime ambition is not to loot all the lootables..,,,,

last year, some secondary school girls won a prize for powering generators with urine..I don't know why on earth we don't have technical schools that can adopt whatever method the girls used. Another was a boy on NL who showed a process of how he generated electricity with dirt.... the govt. ignores little efforts made at the grassroots and give utmost Importance to that SAME THING we've been doing for decades costing billions of $ and still NOTHING to show for it.. its a SYNDROME of "if its not done by foreigners,, then its not good""... I really hope buhari would play his cards right....I in my own zone will do whatever little effort I can to make this country better...
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by kuuljay(m): 9:50am On Aug 04, 2015
wait oo!!! person wey dey knack suger mummy for cash is he unemployed or not.because it's becoming lucrative grin grin grin grin
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Fearcom(m): 9:52am On Aug 04, 2015
Feranmicharles:
embarassed embarassedangry

Oya shout buhari make I seeangry

For your information Mr Man, the caption says SECOND QUARTER which means from April 1-June 30 2015. Buhari took over in May 29, two months INTO the second quarter, taking over a beaten and battered economy from Goodluck Ebele Jonathan whose 'transformation' Agenda is responsible for the present state of Nigeria's economy.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Godmother(f): 10:21am On Aug 04, 2015
kaeforum:

Self employment, this is a decline in revenue issue, if govt is broke it means it wont have money to spend, my solution to this problem is

RECOVER ALL THE FUNDS STOLEN BY PAST ADMINISTRATIONS, GO TO ALL BANKS OF THE WORL AND RECOVER THESE FUND
'DECLARE OPERATION RECOVERY' angry

My brother, how feasible is this recovery project in practical? Its easier said than done o
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Godsonkemz(m): 10:23am On Aug 04, 2015
Where is the source of this figure. When and how was it carried out by Bureau of statistics.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by eleko1: 10:27am On Aug 04, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked sad cheesy grin ..
toopsy22:
ahaha Oshobaba is on a long lost lane with his beauty..as you can see he no longer wears khakhi again....,,,,

The big NLC complex in tejuosho has been sold to bail/cloth sellers...I think the SUG in some schools are even more vibrant that them... its all 'bout d money for Nlc now...
can't stop laughing.Nothing good can com out of NLC/TUC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Mistermamus(m): 10:30am On Aug 04, 2015
sometimes incompetence dey cause am
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by acidtalk: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2015
Happiness87:
can't you see, MY FATHER IS still foolish, what does your write up have to do with this thread,

Try to raise nonsense sentiments.
Have you seen the list of oil importers and you didn't see Tinubu's and other APC coys.

have you seen the list of generator importers and you didn't see, ApC businessness men.

you are very foolish, now get some sense

Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Feranmicharles(m): 11:50am On Aug 04, 2015
Fearcom:

For your information Mr Man, the caption says SECOND QUARTER which means from April 1-June 30 2015. Buhari took over in May 29, two months INTO the second quarter, taking over a beaten and battered economy from Goodluck Ebele Jonathan whose 'transformation' Agenda is responsible for the present state of Nigeria's economy.
do you understand what I meant by "oya shout buhari make I seeangry" I don't think soembarassed
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by corperscorner: 12:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
Godsonkemz:
Where is the source of this figure. When and how was it carried out by Bureau of statistics.

Have you tried checking the Red sea......

I hear that's where Okonjo Iweala gets her figures from.
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by ttmacoy: 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by Happiness87(f): 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
acidtalk:
b
Tinubu's dog, how far
Re: The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 by kenoz(m): 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hmmmm !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Journalists Around The World Risk Their Lives. / Top Lies Nigerian Job Seekers Tell In Interviews / Why You Should Not Be A Banker - A Bank's Stakeholder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.