Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Taboo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Taboo (1135 Views)

9 Marriage Taboo Ishan People Have That Will Amaze You / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die / Olomu: Where It’s Taboo For Pregnant Woman To Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taboo by Brian2015: 9:06am On Aug 04, 2015
Hello Everybody,

I thought this would be a good place to post this so that I get the most insight.

I am a sterile man (can't father children) I don't know how this happened, I am 38 years old and have been married for 3 years. My wife has been tested and she can have children.

We have to use donor sperm....! I want to know if this is alright? I know that some people I have spoken to think it is and other do not. I am curious to hear what you all think? the community?

please give me your thoughts as I am very confused as to what is right and what is not

thank you and God Bless
Re: Taboo by slimlancy88(m): 10:03am On Aug 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: Taboo by StPete: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2015
So sorry about your unfortunate incident but I have to be very blunt here:

Why don’t you seek the option of adopting children rather than going through this IVF money-spending thrift.

You might as well get your wife laid by another dude and make it a one-time affair.

I’m just wary about the stress you’re going thru
Re: Taboo by Phut(f): 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
Brian2015:
Hello Everybody,

I thought this would be a good place to post this so that I get the most insight.

I am a sterile man (can't father children) I don't know how this happened, I am 38 years old and have been married for 3 years. My wife has been tested and she can have children.

We have to use donor sperm....! I want to know if this is alright? I know that some people I have spoken to think it is and other do not. I am curious to hear what you all think? the community?

please give me your thoughts as I am very confused as to what is right and what is not

thank you and God Bless

You shouldn't have told anybody you know because some people are very judgemental and pretentious. Go around acting like their life is perfect and their doo doo doesn't stink.

There is nothing wrong with getting a sperm donor. You and your wife should go ahead and have your child. I don't think your wife should sleep with someone else like someone suggested on this thread. It should be a purely business transaction. The sperm donor shouldn't know your family and you shouldn't know him outside of verifying the quality of sperm that you are getting

4 Likes

Re: Taboo by Brian2015: 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
thank you for your comments
Phut:

You shouldn't have told anybody you know because some people are very judgemental and pretentious. Go around acting like their life is perfect and their doo doo doesn't stink.

There is nothing wrong with getting a sperm donor. You and your wife should go ahead and have your child. I don't think your wife should sleep with someone else like someone suggested on this thread. It should be a purely business transaction. The sperm donor shouldn't know your family and you shouldn't know him outside of verifying the quality of sperm that you are getting
Re: Taboo by Gurgle(f): 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
Yeah either adoption or sperm donation are ok

Sperm donation may be better if your family/ particular community are likely to be against bringing a child that is not blood-related to you into your family

Adoption may be a bit too exposing undecided

Im sorry for your situation OP. Hope you find a solution soon

Oh I just saw your new post. Good luck (:

1 Like

Re: Taboo by tpiander: 7:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
I am curious to hear what you all think?

it does not concern me.

This is your personal matter.
Re: Taboo by Phut(f): 2:21am On Aug 07, 2015
Brian2015:
thank you for your comments

You are welcome.

You are a good man. Some men when they hear sterility, may even lash out against the person closest to them i.e their wives. Your acting selflessly and banding together with your wife to solve the problem is commendable

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taboo by enoqueen: 2:33am On Aug 11, 2015
cry
Re: Taboo by Brian2015: 5:25am On Aug 18, 2015
Just to clarify,

the scan that I uploaded was a scan of the fertialised eggs being placed in my wife.

This is no scam / hoax... I am simply telling people the journey that I am on. I am still sterile, we used donor sperm.

We are going for the blood test in 90 min to see if the 2 eggs have implanted and if she is pregnant.

I dont work for any clinic.

This is not the type of conversation you can have at a dinner party....

to all of you who have supported us I am grateful, for all of you who think I am something else...shame on you.
you have no idea the emotional rollercoaster this is
I will update every single one of my threads if that makes you all happy, I simply wanted the most insight and to get the most support I could.

God Bless
Re: Taboo by mrZENographer: 11:41am On Aug 18, 2015
my friend where have you been when others are getting their healing? Go and get your healing at The Lord's Chosen in Ijesha Lagos. And we just concluded a crusade at Port Harcourt and you were not there? hmm Oni gba je ooo.

(1) (Reply)

Wedding/turbanning Ceremony Of A Nairalander / Similarities Between Nigerian Names Of Different Tribes / Osun Osogbo Festival Grand Finale Today: Live Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.