Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Buhari Writes Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Writes Saraki (1958 Views)

Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction / Remi Tinubu Writes Saraki And Oyegun Over Row With Dino Melaye / Buhari Writes Saraki On $75million Edo State Loan Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 12:28pm On Aug 04, 2015
[size=13pt]Finally, Buhari writes Saraki on $75m Edo loan[/size]
August 04 2015
12:07

President Muhammadu Buhari has written to the senate seeking approval for a $75 million loan from the World Bank for the Edo state government.

“I am writing to seek the consideration of the national assembly of Nigeria on approval of a request by the Edo state government‎ to obtain a $75 million credit facility from the World Bank,” the president wrote in a letter read on the floor of the upper chamber by Bukola Saraki, senate president, on Tuesday.

“You may wish to know that the World Bank had approved a Development Policy Programme (DPO) loan budget support for the total sum of $225 million to the Edo state government in 2012 to be implemented in three tranches of $75 million per annum.

“The first tranche was approved by the national assembly in the 2012-2014 federal government external borrowing plan.

“The programme has since been successfully implemented by the state in 2014. Following this success, the bank’s board of executive directors approved the‎ second tranche.

“‎DPO 2, on April 29, 2015. The DPO 2 was captured in the federal government external ruling borrowing plan of 2014-2017, which is pending with the national assembly.

“It is for the above reason that I seek your favour to facilitate the consideration and approval of the Development Policy Operation 2 (DPO2) loan of $75 million to enable the state to consolidate on the first tranche of the operation.”

On Saturday, TheCable reported that the World Bank loan was being stalled by the unending row between Buhari and Saraki.

For World Bank to grant the development loan, the president was required to write the senate. However, the letter was written by Danladi Kifasi, the head of service, and addressed to the senate president. The senate refused to act on it, instead writing back to Kifasi to pointing out the procedural error.
https://www.thecable.ng/finally-buhari-writes-saraki-75m-edo-loan

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has written to the senate seeking approval for a $75 million loan from the World Bank for the Edo state government.
Mr President, on behalf of Edo people I can assure you we don't need this money. The first payment we received was used to "purchase" an Ethiopian LovePeddler, the second payment would probably be used to entice young girls from Ambrose Ali University to keep our midget gov happy.

Keep the money or loan it to Osun state.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2015
Dem no born saraki well make him no approve am.

[img]http://nairaland.com/attachments/2700921_goattyping_jpeg_jpegf8487bec7607742df0776637bc3e57d1[/img]

Mogidi:

Mr President, on behalf of Edo people I can assure you we don't need this money. The first payment we received was used to "purchase" an Ethiopian LovePeddler, the second payment would probably be used to entice young girls from Ambrose Ali University to keep our midget gov happy.

Keep the money or loan it to Osun state.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 12:36pm On Aug 04, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
Dem no born saraki well make him no approve am.

You didn't see Buhari begging Saraki here?

“It is for the above reason that [size=13pt]I seek your favour [/size] to facilitate the consideration and approval of the Development Policy Operation 2 (DPO2) loan of $75 million to enable the state to consolidate on the first tranche of the operation.”
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

that's not begging but a formal way of requesting for something.
Where you expecting him to command him in a democratic setting? Mumu.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
that's not begging but a formal way of requesting for something.

Where you expecting him to command him in a democratic setting? Mumu.

You lack comprehension skills, you were the one that opined that Saraki must do this for Buhari hence I posted the sentence where Buhari practically begged.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by DaBullIT(m): 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

You expect a Democratically elected president to BARK ORDERS??

Like '' I command you to do this / that ''

Later you people will say PMB is not a real democratic leader , he's a terrorist , he's a soldier , he's this he's that

[size=18pt]Formality apart, DEM NO BORN SARAKI WELL MAKE HIM NO APPROVE AM [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by babyfaceafrica: 12:45pm On Aug 04, 2015
If saraki like..mke he misbehave...na edo state he dey deal with nt buhri..buhri no need the money na edo state need am..I'd dem punce on am fo night..he go change in mind lipsrsealed
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by UnknownT: 12:46pm On Aug 04, 2015
So na because of this loan na Oshomole turn Buhari Information/Propaganda minister? He will soon keep quiet to enjoy the loan if it finally gets to him

1 Like

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 12:48pm On Aug 04, 2015
DaBullIT:

You expect a Democratically elected president to BARK ORDERS??

Like '' I command you to do this / that ''

Later you people will say PMB is not a real democratic leader , he's a terrorist , he's a soldier , he's this he's that

[size=18pt]Formality apart, DEM NO BORN SARAKI WELL MAKE HIM NO APPROVE AM [/size]

This was the ediots post "Dem no born saraki well make him no approve am" yet Buhari literally begged Saraki in the letter.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
If saraki like..mke he misbehave...na edo state he dey deal with nt buhri..buhri no need the money na edo state need am..I'd dem punce on am fo night..he go change in mind lipsrsealed

Edo state don't need the money, Osun need it more than Edo state.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

You lack comprehension skills, you were the one that opined that Saraki must do this for Buhari hence I posted the sentence where Buhari practically begged.
you are the one not in touch with latest happenings.

I said saraki must do the bidding of the president on this one so as to get on his good side, a thing he has been running from pillar to poll to achieve.

Look below for enlightenment.

1toRtoiSe1:
Hmm...

Since he mounted the seat of senate president, a thing that didn't sit well with his party's loyalists, he has been running from pillar to poll trying to secure it.

1). He visited Obasanjo; an outcome is yet to be seen.

2). He intimated the northern elders forum on the issue. They welcomed his victory but maintained neutrality, saying the won't interfere in the NASS crisis and his relationship with PMB.
http://naijalately.com/news/we-wont-interfere-in-senate-crisis--northern-elders

3). He forced his way to pray side by side with PMB during the ramadan celebration but still got snubbed.

4). Asking the Emir of Ilorin to help him beg PMB.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/08/02/senate-leadership-saraki-enlists-emir-of-ilorin-to-beg-buhari/

5). Visiting the IDP camp in maiduguri, a thing I call a publicity stunt to bolster his dwindling popularity.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-eGiJlzFDPqw/Vb9cX_wz92I/AAAAAAAGGnE/aXzN7N6KF4Y/s1600/4.png[/img]

In the midst of this all, one man has been quietly watching.

Who is jittery?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
you are the one not in touch with latest happenings.

I said saraki must do the bidding of the president on this one so as to get on his good side, a thing he has been running from pillar to poll to achieve.

Look below for enlightenment.

Why would Saraki be doing the bidding of Buhari when Buhari can't effect his removal? Buhari needs Saraki more than Saraki needs him.

Check Buhari's tone in the letter and you'd conclude who the boss is here.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by babyfaceafrica: 12:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
angry
Mogidi:

Edo state don't need the money, Osun need it more than Edo state.
unfotuntely its edo stte that is borowing it..if you don't need the money...wen world bank gives you..burn it!!!
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by luvinhubby(m): 12:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
With the level of financial recklessness of these state governors, Edo state inclusive, granting them any loan is suicidal.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by ionsman: 12:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

This was the ediots post "Dem no born saraki well make him no approve am" yet Buhari literally begged Saraki in the letter.
Am quite sure the last word you will utter before dying will be buhari,that's how obssessed you are with him. Is this the first time Buhari is writing him a letter?
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 12:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
angryunfotuntely its edo stte that is borowing it..if you don't need the money...wen world bank gives you..burn it!!!

How can we take the money and burn it yet remain saddled with repayments? It is a loan, not a gift.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
ionsman:

Am quite sure the last word you will utter before dying will be buhari,that's how obssessed you are with him. Is this the first time Buhari is writing him a letter?

First time I've seen him being humbled.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

Why would Saraki be doing the bidding of Buhari when Buhari can't effect his removal? Buhari needs Saraki more than Saraki needs him.

Check Buhari's tone in the letter and you'd conclude who the boss is here.
only a fool like you would think PMB wrote that letter even after calling him a certificateless president.

That was written by one of his numerous aides who must allow for formality irrespective of the fact that his boss is not in good terms with the recipient.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by baralatie(m): 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
a loan at this time na wa o!
God help us!
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by freedom96: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hmm
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 1:03pm On Aug 04, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
only a fool like you would think PMB wrote that letter even after calling him a certificateless president.

That was written by one of his numerous aides who must allow for formality irrespective of the fact that his boss is not in good terms with the recipient.

Haba!! I knew the illiterate didn't write it but still perplexed how humbling the tone of the letter was. Buhari's got to beg harder as his ministerial list is about to be given to the same man he so loathe. I'd throw his ministerial list in the dust bin if I was Saraki.
Ediots have no place in governance.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by DollyParton1(f): 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

You call that begging?
English is truly a pot of beans.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

Haba!! I knew the illiterate didn't write it but still perplexed how humbling the tone of the letter was. Buhari's got to beg harder as his ministerial list is about to be given to the same man he so loathe. I'd throw his ministerial list in the dust bin if I was Saraki.
saraki is glad he's not foolish like you.

I guess the picture illustration I gave you didn't do your brain any good.

It sucks to reason with a tanoid.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 1:09pm On Aug 04, 2015
1toRtoiSe1:
saraki is glad he's not foolish like you.

I guess the picture illustration I gave you didn't do your brain any good.

It sucks to reason with a tanoid.

Shove ya picture illustration up ya orifice for all I care.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by DollyParton1(f): 1:17pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

And you think Saraki cant be butted out?
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Mogidi: 1:21pm On Aug 04, 2015
DollyParton1:

And you think Saraki cant be butted out?

Impossible, except PDP decides to join forces with APC and chances of that happening is zilch.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by DollyParton1(f): 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

Impossible, except PDP decides to join forces with APC and chances of that happening is zilch.
sit and watch.
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by babyfaceafrica: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2015
Mogidi:

How can we take the money and burn it yet remain saddled with repayments? It is a loan, not a gift.
take the money and stop complaining
Re: Buhari Writes Saraki by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 05, 2015
this man is leaving office in less than 8 month, why requesting for this volume of money, are we not change agent anymore?, this is the same loan Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala refused

(1) (Reply)

TO SEUN: A Tip From Igbo To Taking Nairaland To Another Level / Oshiomhole Summons Okpujie Primary School Headmistress Over Pdp’s Use Of School / N6billion Found In Private Account Of NSCDC Commandant General.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.