Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus (1968 Views)

5 Most Embarrassing Moments Every Guy Have Faced (funny) / 20 Funny But True Moments In Secondary School (with Pictures) / 10 Embarrassing Photos You Won’t Believe Actually Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by uche87(m): 11:10am On Aug 05, 2015
Every minute spent in a public transport in Lagos gives you unique experiences about life. The memories are meant to be forgotten and only to be recalled when you are smiling down on it from the top because of the awry nature of the numerous occurrences.

Below are some of the several awful experiences I have learned to laugh over to ease my frustration:

(1) Entering without your change:[/b]
Imagine the look on the ever angry-looking conductor when you offer him a sum of N500 or N1000 for a payment of N50 after he must have given you a prior warning before boarding the bus. This could lead to undue attention in the vehicle.

[b](2) Sitting with a passenger with an armpit and mouth odour:

This is paramount to our ''mommies'' in the in the trading business especially the Igbo women selling Okporoko, Ugwu leaves and other soup ingredients. Some even ooze like they bathed with locust beans. My major problem is that they will always interfere in all issues and this circulates the odour.

(3) Entering with a market woman that puts her load on your leg:
The morning period is the time the traders dealing in food materials go out to purchase their merchandise for sale. Imagine someone putting a bag of crayfish on your leg when you are heading to work corporately dressed on a serious day like a Monday. Hmmm!

(4) Sleeping pass your bus stop:
It’s easier to doze off in a lag bus after waking up too early or being stressed at work. It’s too embarrassing to wake up and find yourself around another strange bus top. The bus conductor could as well collect an extra pay for the service.

(5) When a bus preacher sits beside you:

It would be far from being funny when you discover the passenger close to you is a bus preacher who shouts on top of his voice to preach the word of God. I once listened to someone who preached with a Calabar accent. It was like rapture was imminent.

(6) Pick pockets:

That awkward moment when you dip your hands into your pockets very close to your bus stop and realise the money was issued a Visa by one pick pocket and it flew away. The funniest part is that the conductor would think you are trying to con him.

(7) Bus conductors disappearing during hold-up:
This is common among conductors plying the Festac-Mile 2 route; they rush you for payment while anticipating the grid-lock and then quietly disappear as a way of tying you to the bus throughout the stressful bad traffic.

(cool Passengers with odd loads:

One woman once squeezed a small goat into her Bagco bag and entered the bus, half way to her destination, the kid cried aloud in discomfort as she tried to suppress the animal. Everybody was shocked! What about a fish seller that enters with her goods after a stressful day selling? That's an unwanted but most dominating air-freshener.

(9) Conductors denying the collection of money from you:

Events could take a dramatic twist when some conductors either purposely or forgetfully demand payment from you two times. This could lead to a bitter argument that will be unpleasant to one cute working class lady you are eyeing in the vehicle. A conductor once asked me for money 5 different times after I had paid him.

(10) Sitting with a fat woman:
Plus-sized women are like the nightmares of passengers and conductors. Some full-time house wives could be so full-figured that they will occupy the seats of three slim people in the vehicle leading to a controversy and discomfort of the passengers. Some women with some 'ikebe' sizes really need to go get their own private vehicles for the sake of peace.

Thanks for reading thus far; I am the Village Town Crier. This is to lighten up your mood. Everyday isn't for bitter arguments about politics.
- See more at: http://villagetowncrier..com/2015/08/top-10-embarrassing-moments-in-lagos-bus.html#sthash.6zsIKZnr.dpuf

Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by INTROVERT(f): 11:13am On Aug 05, 2015
This is totally funny

And should hit front page
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by slimthugchimee(m): 11:16am On Aug 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by amnesty7: 11:20am On Aug 05, 2015
The more reason why car owners MUST be very grateful to God. Alhamdulillah!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by nikkiking(m): 11:22am On Aug 05, 2015
Hahahahaha Op u too much. Number 2, 4,5. 6,7,8,9,
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by fromnigeria(m): 11:24am On Aug 05, 2015
ROTL till FP grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by engrtee(f): 11:45am On Aug 05, 2015
big girls like me dont enter danfo

we trek

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by mayorkyzo: 11:45am On Aug 05, 2015
Hahahahaha very funny...and those well endowed women would not use their conscience and pay for 2 seat o... angrythey be acting like they don't know they have huge ikebe

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
I am not Drunk and I know wat I am diving ??
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by ellahzy(f): 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
z
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by olaide92(m): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
lol
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by austine4real(m): 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2015
*in 2 chainz' voice* TRUUU
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by Angelou(m): 6:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
INTROVERT:
This is totally funny

And should hit front page
make d post hit frontpage because u don comment first abi?? Shey dey swear 4 u ni...... Anyway ur charm no go work Dis tym. 4 ur info this thread will b deleted b4 2mao
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by erusen: 9:46am On Aug 06, 2015
when your pocket is picked
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by CivilzedTyger(m): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
When d idiot beside u is busy asking stupid questions
Re: Top 10 Embarrassing Moments In A Lagos Bus by MzEspoir(f): 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2015
LOLgrin
the mother who enters with six children and distributes them to other passengers. lipsrsealed
the person who buys gala, la casera, ice cream and at the end of the day you hear, 'bros abeg help me with 50 naira. My money no complete angry
the person who deliberately falls asleep so as to avoid paying transport grin

(1) (Reply)

Download Video: Emmanuella In Singular And Plural / Best Nigeria Comedy Skit Compilation / Akpos Comedy Skits. Watch And Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.