Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,346 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) (8428 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism / Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans / Feminism: The True Colour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by wisdomiskey(m): 12:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
MrsChima:

I love you wisdomiskey

aww. yuh flatter me darlin' cheesy
buh i dont lyk old cargoz

sowwwii cry

6 Likes

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by MrsChima(f): 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
SAMBARRY:
No it is feminism that is causing their menses to flow grin

it will soon be feminism that will cause him not to shave. In fact feminism is the cause of everything evil grin

grin grin.

Women have been free bleeding since the beginning and during the first civilization there weren't any pads or tampons. Women were pretty much bleeding through their clothes. Feminism didn't started until after 1700's so how is it tied to feminism if women had already free bleed since mankind? grin

These manbishes I tell you!

9 Likes

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by Mynd44: 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2015
UjSizzle:
Freebleeders are some of the craziest people out there grin
Their craziness is KKK level
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by Mynd44: 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
MrsChima:

exactly!

I am still trying to figure out how this tied to feminism?
To Chima....what's good?
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 05, 2015
MrsChima:

According to vapid bish....it is an upgraded version of feminist movement. grin

1 Like

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by SAMBARRY: 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
O please leave them let them keep entertaining me with their foolishness and tallativeness grin
MrsChima:

grin grin.

Women have been free bleeding since the beginning and during the first civilization there weren't any pads or tampons. Women were pretty much bleeding through their clothes. Feminism didn't started until after 1700's so how is it tied to feminism if women had already free bleed since mankind? grin

These manbishes I tell you!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by MrsChima(f): 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
Mynd44:

To Chima....what's good?

Hey bae! Missed you in bed last night! angry

I am free bleeding! grin. Get you some of this bloody toto!
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by Mynd44: 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
MrsChima:

According to vapid bish....it is an upgraded version of feminist movement. grin
You are evil!!!

Give him a lollipop

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by bukatyne(f): 1:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ewwww undecided

2 Likes

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by edwife(f): 1:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sick women.... undecided

6 Likes

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by Mynd44: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
MrsChima:

Hey bae! Missed you in bed last night! angry

I am free bleeding! grin. Get you some of this bloody toto!
Lets make cake with it

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by SAMBARRY: 1:03pm On Aug 05, 2015
I need some comic relief this afternoon so therefore

LET THE SHOW BEGIN grin

bukatyne aka bukky.i see you grin

your boyfriends are around grin
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by SAMBARRY: 1:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
Since una dey share menstrual blood, who wants some grin grin grin

I heard squeezing it out of the tampoon into soups makes the soups more delicious and proteinous so if you want let me know grin

abi it is feminism that cause that one too grin

2 Likes

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by SAMBARRY: 1:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
edwife:
Sick women.... undecided
falls from bed grin grin grin
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by Sugarbabekemi(f): 1:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
This is really crazy! undecided

1 Like

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by MrsChima(f): 2:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
wisdomiskey:

aww. yuh flatter me darlin' cheesy
buh i dont lyk old cargoz

sowwwii cry

No thanks, I would rather kiss a HIV infected snake. wink

Awww. You must have a 20 years old mother and 30 years old grandmother. I am sure they wouldn't be happy being considered old cargo at their age by other men. wink

10 Likes

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by Mynd44: 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Since una dey share menstrual blood, who wants some grin grin grin

I heard squeezing it out of the tampoon into soups makes the soups more delicious and proteinous so if you want let me know grin

abi it is feminism that cause that one too grin
Lmaooooo.....

See where "feminism" has taken you
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by SAMBARRY: 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
Mynd44:

Lmaooooo.....

See where "feminism" has taken you
haa since na feminism dey reign for nl.everything is related to feminism grin
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
Sick!
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by 5minsmadness: 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
No no no no no.

Op you should have put "warning, graphic pics." na.

There goes my lunch...

2 Likes

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by ApexTitan(m): 6:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
5minsmadness:
No no no no no.
There goes my lunch...

It's really disgusting. What is not surprising is the effort on this thread to downplay the gravity of this extreme form of the movement.

So far from the behaviour of many of its proponents there are only two types of feminism: bad and worse. This Freebleed variety along with its sister Free-The-N!pples and SlutWalking arms being easily classed under the worse type.

When people say they identify with the feminist movement I'm almost certain they are nary aware of what they are choosing to associate with.

4 Likes

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
I hate the sight of blood so much this thread has got me traumatised undecided undecided
*faints on thread*
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by KanwuliaJara: 11:24pm On Aug 05, 2015
Muhahahahaha

Toto JUICE!!!! grin
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by gaby(m): 3:12am On Aug 06, 2015
Starting my own movement soon....free-pooing grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by Afrobasic(m): 6:40am On Aug 06, 2015
ApexTitan:

It's really disgusting. What is not surprising is the effort on this thread to downplay the gravity of this extreme form of the movement.

So far from the behaviour of many of its proponents there are only two types of feminism: bad and worse. This Freebleed variety along with its sister Free-The-N!pples and SlutWalking arms being easily classed under the worse type.

When people say they identify with the feminist movement I'm almost certain they are nary aware of what they are choosing to associate with.

So True angry

1 Like

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by Efesuave: 7:22am On Aug 06, 2015
gaby:
Starting my own movement soon....free-pooing grin grin

hehehe grin
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by snakebeat: 7:24am On Aug 06, 2015
5minsmadness:
No no no no no.

There goes my lunch...
Yeah, u're right. The pics are quite revolting I must say. The op should have done that, it's not appealing @ all...
This is what happens when u're not contented & try to be what u're not...
I feel for women @times, menstrual flow is another burden on them...

Thank God I'm a man, the female biological structure is as convoluted as their logic, what a gender....
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by pickabeau1: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2015
This thing is gaining more ground

The last thing most women would want the day before running a marathon is to come on their period. But when it happened to Kiran Gandhi on the eve of the London marathon, she decided to take her menstruation in her stride, using it as an opportunity to address period taboos and stand up for women around the world.

The 26-year-old feminist decided to run those 26.2 miles without a tampon, allowing the blood to seep onto her leggings between her legs.
Writing about the experience on her website, Gandhi, who is a drummer for M.I.A and Harvard Business School graduate, said: "It would have been way too uncomfortable to worry about a tampon for 26.2 miles.
"I thought, if there’s one person society won’t Bleep with, it’s a marathon runner."

Gandhi added: "I ran with blood dripping down my legs for sisters who don’t have access to tampons and sisters who, despite cramping and pain, hide it away and pretend like it doesn’t exist.
"I ran to say, it does exist, and we overcome it every day. The marathon was radical and absurd and bloody in ways I couldn’t have imagined until the day of the race."

As well as making a feminist statement, Gandhi managed to raise $6,000 (£3,877) for Breast Cancer Care, along with her two pals.
Her bold move to run free-flowing has been met with mixed reviews online - some people say they respect her decision 100% while others question her "lack of personal hygiene".

Meanwhile, executive editor of HuffPost UK, Poorna Bell branded Gandhi's decision to run the marathon free-bleeding as "nonsense".
She wrote: "Gandhi's intention is well-meaning: to raise awareness about women who don't have access to sanitary care. But I also know these same women would think the idea was madness.
"In a rural Indian village, where young girls are likely to miss school because of their periods, if they had a sanitary towel they would use it - they wouldn't let it flow free down their saris to emancipate their sisters.
"The fact is that boycotting tampons is not going to de-stigmatise period shame."

Gandhi told Cosmopolitan that she'd decided to run without a tampon because she was afraid of what it could do to her body.

"I didn't really have good information about what happens when you run on your period," she said.
"For example, they tell you that for men, their nipples will bleed because of the chafing between their shirts and their skin. I worried that a tampon might have the same effect."

The 26-year-old says that the whole experience was incredibly "empowering".
She added: "I was like, 'Running a marathon is a very, very big stretch for me. I need to do whatever it takes to get myself to the end of that line'. We were running for a greater cause, we were running for breast cancer."

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by 5minsmadness: 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2015
The last thing most women would want the day before running a marathon is to come on their period. But when it happened to Kiran Gandhi on the eve of the London marathon, she decided to take her menstruation in her stride, using it as an opportunity to address period taboos and stand up for women around the world.

The 26-year-old feminist decided to run those 26.2 miles without a tampon, allowing the blood to seep onto her leggings between her legs.
Writing about the experience on her website, Gandhi, who is a drummer for M.I.A and Harvard Business School graduate, said: "It would have been way too uncomfortable to worry about a tampon for 26.2 miles.
"I thought, if there’s one person society won’t Bleep with, it’s a marathon runner."

Gandhi added: "I ran with blood dripping down my legs for sisters who don’t have access to tampons and sisters who, despite cramping and pain, hide it away and pretend like it doesn’t exist.
"I ran to say, it does exist, and we overcome it every day. The marathon was radical and absurd and bloody in ways I couldn’t have imagined until the day of the race."

Her bold move to run free-flowing has been met with mixed reviews online - some people say they respect her decision 100% while others question her "lack of personal hygiene".

Meanwhile, executive editor of HuffPost UK, Poorna Bell branded Gandhi's decision to run the marathon free-bleeding as "nonsense".
She wrote: "Gandhi's intention is well-meaning: to raise awareness about women who don't have access to sanitary care. But I also know these same women would think the idea was madness.
"In a rural Indian village, where young girls are likely to miss school because of their periods, if they had a sanitary towel they would use it - they wouldn't let it flow free down their saris to emancipate their sisters.
"The fact is that boycotting tampons is not going to de-stigmatise period shame."

Gandhi told Cosmopolitan that she'd decided to run without a tampon because she was afraid of what it could do to her body.

"I didn't really have good information about what happens when you run on your period," she said.
"For example, they tell you that for men, their Tips will bleed because of the chafing between their shirts and their skin. I worried that a tampon might have the same effect."

The 26-year-old says that the whole experience was incredibly "empowering".

And this up here is the perfect definition of "BulIshit"

2 Likes

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by pickabeau1: 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2015
5minsmadness:

And this up here is the perfect definition of "BulIshit"
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by lilmax(m): 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
So where are the teminists?
Re: 'Free Bleeding' - a New Era Of Feminism For Free Flowing Menstruation (pics) by armyofone(m): 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
White leggings would have been nice.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Go For A Low-key Marriage Ceremony? (you, Spouse, Parents And Siblings) / I Like Sex But My Wife Doesn't, Please Advice / Why Are Boys Closer To Their Mother And Girls Closer To Their Dad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.