Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:15 AM

Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. (1480 Views)

5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced / Africa's Ten Most Influential Countries(big 5 And The Newcomers) / 3 Things That Will Happen To Saraki If Found Guilty By CCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by ChappyChase: 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lagos is an exciting and interesting city to live in. But many newcomers always find it unbearable to settle in  Lagos. What do people hate most about living in Lagos?

1.Traffic: Lagosians traffic na terror. An average Lagos residents spend a quarter of the day(you wan kill person) in traffic situation is one reason why people hate Lagos. Take away the traffic and Lagos will be less stressful.

2. Area boys: The ubiquitous street urchins can sure make life difficult in Lagos when they start trouble. Ask most Lagosians, they will wish area boys just vanished from the city.

3. Expensive rent: Lagos rents should be among the highest in the world. The exorbitant rent in Lagos is the reason for the proliferation of slums in the city.

4. Road Rage: Lagos drivers are some of the craziest you can find anywhere in the world.

5. The Prices: Lagos is expensive. Cost of goods is higher than anywhere in the country.

6. Cost of Transport: Transportation is expensive and unregulated. The operators can wake one day and decide to increase transportation cost.

7. Annoying Beggars: Lagos is full of annoying beggars. Yes, some people have a reason to beg, but some beggars are just too lazy to work. They are in your face everywhere in traffic, at parties and on the streets. It is really one reason to hate Lagos.

8. Absence of Pedestrian Walk: Well, the situation with pedestrian in Lagos have actually got better. Absence of pedestrian walk on many Lagos roads is one reason to hate Lagos.

9. Lagos Police: Nigerian police are aggressive and unfriendly. But Lagos police officials are in class of their own. They are known for their brutality and extra-judicial measures. People hate them with passion. Na only for Lagos police man go slap you for not greeting! (Am a living example)

10. Stress: Lagos life is a combination of stress. Ask any Lagosian and they will give you a million reasons why they are facing stress.

1 Like

Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by SeverusSnape(m): 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2015
I don't like Lagos.
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
Eko o ni baje o

1 Like

Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by gabazin080(m): 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2015
Not just new comers only, even those born and brought up in lagos hates this conditions
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by tope3x(m): 2:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
I hate lagos with passion. ...lagos is just an overrated state...I don't see anything special in that state...I just hate lagos

2 Likes

Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by oduastates: 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2015
Eko o ni baje .
Over population ,the other states and the FG are responsible.
The federal government takes out between N2 and N4 trillion out of the economy of Lagos every year. But gives back 96 billion . Even the Niger delta is even collecting derivation on money earned in Lagos .
Compare .
-------------------------
-------------------------
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by socialmediaman: 2:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
OP Its "make" not "makes"
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by Nature129(m): 2:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
socialmediaman:
OP Its "make" not "makes"
Good observation. I feel that "tense" is the hardest part of English.

1 Like

Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by ChappyChase: 2:45pm On Aug 05, 2015
tope3x:
I hate lagos with passion. ...lagos is just an overrated state...I don't see anything special in that state...I just hate lagos
My guy wait till friday evening you go know say lagos make sense..
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by LaurelP(m): 2:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
What is There to like about Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
Get an heli you will enjoy lagos.
Meanwhile get an helipad too
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by Chidexter(m): 3:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
Hate it or Like it, it doesnt change the fact its the commercial hub of Nigeria.(In your face)

Funny enough 80percent saying they hate Lagos are currently living there(Factimatician)
The good part is that, Lagos is currently undergoing changes, to make it a safer, neater place. (Slow and Stead wins the race)

Pls Note i'm not a yoruba guy, i just happened to spend 18yrs of my life in Lagos state.(Truth)
Back to my hometown now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by AnambraDota: 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
Four things I like about Lagos are nightlife and you can easily buy everything like books, attend conferences, seminars, workshops, symposium et al.
Yes I love the orderliness shaa, they que to enter buses and use ATMs.

Then you can establish your business at home, using the house as both office and home as well.

Lagos is overated, the poor road network and worst housing structures you won't even imagine. The only place I saw better building in Lagos was at Alaba area. The entire Lagos is full of shanties, squalors, bungalows and face-me-i-face-you.
Those buildings that normally have one passage in the middle and rooms both sides till you burst out the backyard where one toilet and bathroom serve the entire building.

FESTAC would have been nice but Ooops the place stinks and look untidy.

I love Lagos nightlife but Lagos is a slum
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by tope3x(m): 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
All na wash...I was in lagos last week Friday and I mostly visit there during the weekend. ..I just hate that stressful life there...and one more thing. ..Lagosians are rough and lagos is dirty. ..SIMPLE

ChappyChase:

My guy wait till friday evening you go know say lagos make sense..
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by phantom(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
Anytime i enter Lagos,my heart begins to beat very fast and i cant wait to leave.the wahala too much I swear.e jus be like where person climb treadmill come out am for highest....SMH

#PHboy
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
AnambraDota:
Four things I like about Lagos are nightlife and you can easily buy everything like books, attend conferences, seminars, workshops, symposium et al.
Yes I love the orderliness shaa, they que to enter buses and use ATMs.

Then you can establish your business at home, using the house as both office and home as well.

Lagos is overated, the poor road network and worst housing structures you won't even imagine. The only place I saw better building in Lagos was at Alaba area. The entire Lagos is full of shanties, squalors, bungalows and face-me-i-face-you.
Those buildings that normally have one passage in the middle and rooms both sides till you burst out the backyard where one toilet and bathroom serve the entire building.

FESTAC would have been nice but Ooops the place stinks and look untidy.

I love Lagos nightlife but Lagos is a slum
Lagos is cool, I went there once and I got all the information I needed about d place, if u said festac is d only nice place in Lagos then I think it's high time u crossed the third mainland bridge and see d oda side of Lag.
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by AnambraDota: 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
lygn19:

Lagos is cool, I went there once and I got all the information I needed about d place, if u said festac is d only nice place in Lagos then I think it's high time u crossed the third mainland bridge and see d oda side of Lag.

I have been to Ikoyi, VI, Lekki, Ajah et al those places are less than 10percent Lagos, when I say Lagos I mean where the majority of the citizens live not where the rich and mighty dwell.
Lagos need to demolish about 75percent of the city for it to wear new look, to many illegal structures, shanties and bad streets mapping
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
AnambraDota:

I have been to Ikoyi, VI, Lekki, Ajah et al those places are less than 10percent Lagos, when I say Lagos I mean where the majority of the citizens live not where the rich and mighty dwell.
Lagos need to demolish about 75percent of the city for it to wear new look, to many illegal structures, shanties and bad streets mapping
Yeah am aware of that, d standard of living in Lagos is low, and d cost of living is high.
A middle class salary earner can only afford to rent a 2room apartment in Lag, while in other state e.g Ph that person wud either have a house of his or her own or rent a comfortable flat for himself and his family.
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
Guy nobody loves lagos oo.
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
chuna1985:
Guy nobody loves lagos oo.
lol
Re: Things That Makes "Newcomers" Hate Lagos. by tope3x(m): 8:55am On Aug 07, 2015
To me...Lagos is just overrated ...

(1) (Reply)

Which Country Is This Located? (photo) / SHOCKING: See One Borehole Nigeria’s MDG Office Pays N154 Million For / Mamman Vasta And IBB Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.