Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

How We Started The Crisis In PDP; The APC Connection, PDP Staff Reveals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Started The Crisis In PDP; The APC Connection, PDP Staff Reveals (899 Views)

Tension In PDP Over Akpabio's Romance With APC / The Biography Of Godwin Obaseki, The APC Edo State Governorship Flag Bearer / PDP‬ Staff Ask ‪‎EFCC‬ To Investigate Party Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Started The Crisis In PDP; The APC Connection, PDP Staff Reveals by amazingqueen(f): 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
The national headquarters of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), has in the past turned into a battle field of some sort as officials and staff of the party have been engaged in accusations and counter accusation.

Trouble started when the party’s national secretary, Prof. Wale Oladipo, communicated the decision of the National Working Committee to restructure and reorganize its staff restructure and reorganize its staff at the party office.

The memo by Oladipo, which contained the communication said among others that some staffs will be retrenched while those to remain will have their salaries cut by 50%.

Oladipo based the decision on the need to reduce the cost of running the office due to financial constraint.

But in a swift reaction, the staff of the party kicked against the decision of the NWC, wondered how the party that was in power could be in a financial mess. The angry staff accused the party officials of squandering N12bn in nine months and so could not justify the decision to cut staff salary and strength.

However, a staff of the party revealed to us that the decision of the staff union to engage the party leadership goes beyond the issue presented.

The staff who does not want to be named for fear of being victimised by the union said the relationship between the union leadership and some chieftains of the ruling All Progressives Congress helped to fuel the crisis.

Majority of us including myself were employed during the era of ?Audu Ogbeh, Barnabas Gemade, and Baraje although I have refrained from relating with my former ogas many of colleagues have not, he said.

He added that: “Just recently one of our directors visited a high ranking chieftain of the APC in company of his wife to lobby for favour, others never stopped relating  with the former ogas who brought them to Wadata even though they are now in the APC,  so every Sallah and Christmas they take big gifts to them to show their loyalty.”

The anonymous PDP staff said the some of the union leadership have benefited immensely for supplying information to some of the APC stalwarts, reason why they have decided to throw up the crisis using the opportunity of the NWC’s decision to sack and cut the salaries of some staff.

“Some of our colleagues have benefited immensely  from top APC shots who reward them handsomely for the information they supply, one of my friends recently got a Honda civic from the a big shot in Benue immediately after the elections. others leave lives that cannot be explained by their salaries.”

“Our Union executives have been having meeting  and are very serious  about destroying everything before they go during our meeting on Monday one exco  boasted that he will destroy the PDP before the NWC sends him away, which make me to think that there must be some hidden agenda for this action.:

He said the revalidation which was requested of all staff by the NWC in the circular is a simple matter which all the staff can comply with by simply going back to their various state chapters to sort out, but said the union executives and Directors are jittery about taking this move because of their anti-party activities.

“The union executives and the directors know that their anti-party  activities which the NWC has discovered  will not allow them scale the hurdle hence the plan to use us junior and middle level Staff to cause trouble and destroy the party,” he said.

The PDP staff also made available a copy of the original memo the party’s National Working Committee sent out to all staff of the party. the memo is below:

How We Started The Crisis In PDP; The APC Connection, PDP Staff Reveals

http://abusidiqu.com/how-we-started-the-crisis-in-pdp-the-apc-connection-pdp-staff-reveals/?UA-34095171-2=

https://www.naij.com/508424-naij-exclusive-pdp-employee-opens-internal-wranglings-party.html

Re: How We Started The Crisis In PDP; The APC Connection, PDP Staff Reveals by KingKonga: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2015
ok
Re: How We Started The Crisis In PDP; The APC Connection, PDP Staff Reveals by deadZONE: 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2015
angry angry
Re: How We Started The Crisis In PDP; The APC Connection, PDP Staff Reveals by Chyluv1000(f): 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2015
I pray dis hits fp...
Re: How We Started The Crisis In PDP; The APC Connection, PDP Staff Reveals by jantofubu(m): 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
Confusion in the enemys' camp grin
Re: How We Started The Crisis In PDP; The APC Connection, PDP Staff Reveals by engrfcuksmtin(m): 2:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
shocked na wa o
Re: How We Started The Crisis In PDP; The APC Connection, PDP Staff Reveals by hinwazaka: 2:44pm On Aug 05, 2015
Whoever manufactured this epistle, be it Metuh or the staff exco is being mischievous
Re: How We Started The Crisis In PDP; The APC Connection, PDP Staff Reveals by amazingqueen(f): 5:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
Chyluv1000:
I pray dis hits fp...

Lalasticlala is the answer to that Prayer

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Governor Wike Bowing To Amaechi / Oshomole Bags Best Governor Award / The I.G Of Police Re-opens Case Of Forgery Allegation Against APC Chair Oyegun.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.