Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Buhari Finally Reveals His Plans For NYSC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Finally Reveals His Plans For NYSC (1113 Views)

Buhari: Femi Adesina Talks About What Will Happen When Buhari Finally Returns / Buhari's Adviser Ojudu Disgraced By Ekiti Youths 4 His Plans 2 Remove Fayose(Pic / At Last People Are Testifying Nnamdi Kanu Is Actualizing His Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Finally Reveals His Plans For NYSC by Starzgist1(f): 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on August 5, Wednesday, in Abuja has unveiled his plans for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

Nigerian leader promised that his government will take all required actions to maintain and improve the programme as a functional vehicle for the promotion of national unity and integration.

Buhari made the pledge after receiving a briefing from officials of the Federal Ministry of Youth Development led by Rabi Jimeta, the permanent secretary.

He affirmed his confidence and trust in the NYSC, adding that the objective for which the scheme was constituted in 1973 was still very applicable for national development now.

The president said: “I firmly believe in NYSC and I think it should remain a national programme to promote integration.

“Whenever I go home to Daura, I look out for Corps members from Lagos, Aba and other parts of the country.

“I am always thrilled to learn that except for the NYSC, some of them have never left their states of origin to visit other cities in the country.”

On her own part, Jimeta told President Buhari that the increasing number of NYSC members posed a challenge to the programme due to the decreasing revenue, from the national budget, to provide their needs.

She told Buhari that the yearly enrolment of corps participants had increased from 2,364 at inception in 1974 to 229,016 in 2014.

“Given the increasing number of tertiary institutions, our projection is that the number of corps participants may rise to 300,000 by year 2020,” she said.

It should be noted that the NYSC scheme was created in a bid to reconstruct, reconcile and rebuild the country after the Nigerian Civil war.

The unfortunate antecedents in Nigeria’s national history gave impetus to the establishment of the programme by decree No.24 of 22nd May 1973 which stated that the NYSC is being established “with a view to the proper encouragement and development of common ties among the youths of Nigeria and the promotion of national unity”.

Read More:- https://www.naij.com/509055-president-buhari-reveals-plans-nysc.html

Re: Buhari Finally Reveals His Plans For NYSC by ladyF(f): 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari Finally Reveals His Plans For NYSC by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
Increasing the allowance is a major task cheesy
Re: Buhari Finally Reveals His Plans For NYSC by iphanyiuma(m): 10:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
Who read it please explain to me
Re: Buhari Finally Reveals His Plans For NYSC by azimibraun: 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
I wish to comment but I am not in the mood to comment. But since Buhari is involved, am confident it's something good and something positive in our national interest because that's what at the moment Mr Buhari represents.
Re: Buhari Finally Reveals His Plans For NYSC by hakeem4(m): 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2015
Cool
Re: Buhari Finally Reveals His Plans For NYSC by Eeser: 10:37pm On Aug 05, 2015
Baba is working
Re: Buhari Finally Reveals His Plans For NYSC by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 05, 2015
U strongly beliv in Nysc yet u murdered corpers posted in d north in 2011 wen u lost election? hypocrist dier blood seeks 4 vengance

(1) (Reply)

Visa Scandal Nis Boss Booted Out / Queen Elizabeth II Has Become Britain’s Longest Serving Monarch / Gen. Abubakar Visit Adamawa Task Force & Yola Idps, Present Books To Them(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.