Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State (16665 Views)

Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 5:02am On Aug 20, 2015
12th day at work
Work in progress

Block work in progress

Reinforcement work for column and lintel in progress

Septic and soakaway block work in progress

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by abouzaid: 7:33am On Aug 20, 2015
loving this thread keep it up bro.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by snakebeat: 7:41am On Aug 20, 2015
podosci:
This big omission as rendered the building incomplete even after the completion of the project, The Inhabitant of the building would forever be plagued with the constant scourge of water rising through the foundation to soak the wall leading to pilling of the paint.
This is entirely not true.
Usage of DPM depends on the land, swampy, water table & all that. It's mainly recommended for waterlogged areas. Though it's preferable to use it regardless of the land, but it can still be compromised like hardcore & wiremesh, if the building is on a dry land....

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by PeoplesArmy: 7:51am On Aug 20, 2015
kcsystems:

Had a stressful day at site that's why closed very late

I have the columns more on the exterior walls about four in the interior all to assist the wall to carry and tie down the concrete facial that will come on top later. Since in the village here they have weak blocks.

I always like to mould !y own blocks for quality control. Just that it takes time and stress of monitoring the moulders....but then what is easy?

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 20, 2015
PeoplesArmy:

I always like to mould !y own blocks for quality control. Just that it takes time and stress of monitoring the moulders....but then what is easy?

Not withstanding you have to introduce columns probably fewer to reduce load on the blocks when using concrete facial. The blocks has his functions likewise columns.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by erico2k2(m): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Over here we use a rubber paint to seal walls to make basements waterproof, can the same be done?
You mean like epoxy if spelt right?let me give a bit of I sight to damp.have yoy been in a house where you put clothes in the was robe and 2 weeks later they smell stuffy and some white stuff forms at the edges? ?or a situation where U observe wall sweating. However the effect is felt more where u have water logged grounds.my parents house was like that.I had to brake the floor and re do it with nil on under
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by andreT(m): 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
The house plan is very clean and creative. I will love to see how it turns out. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
andreT:
The house plan is very clean and creative. I will love to see how it turns out. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the motivation

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
kcsystems:

Thanks for the motivation

Very important.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
. kcsystems(m): Quote Post

13th day at work
Work in progress

Block work to lintel work for in progress

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by erico2k2(m): 10:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
snakebeat:

This is entirely not true.
Usage of DPM depends on the land, swampy, water table & all that. It's mainly recommended for waterlogged areas. Though it's preferable to use it regardless of the land, but it can still be compromised like hardcore & wiremesh, if the building is on a dry land....
I think we are missing the point here,the damp action is enhance fru what they call capillary actions
Def: It is defined as the movement of water within the spaces of a porous material due to the forces of adhesion, cohesion, and surface tension.
So as you can see,this has nothing to do with water logged area, in as much as there are plant growing in that land this will happen, its basic science.This is Y Engineers developed the sense of DPM, and the basic Idea round it was to create a layer to permanently separate or prevent rising water from getting to the slab and this separation was achieved cheapest by putting polyethene or plastic sheets between sand and concrete.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by erico2k2(m): 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
kcsystems:
. kcsystems(m): Quote Post

13th day at work
Work in progress

Great Job my man,I envy people who take pride i n what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 21, 2015
erico2k2:

Great Job my man,I envy people who take pride i n what they are doing.

Thanks for the kind remark
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 21, 2015
Contact perfect touch Aluminium for your windows and other Aluminium works, we will offer you a great and friendly service. Tel:08153665659)
(Whatsapp too),08067079715. Thanks
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 21, 2015
Is this a door? I noticed that you seem to have deleted it.

I'm loving the width of the hallway. What size is it? Mine are 4 feet and I hope they are wide enough for the effect I'm looking for.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by semitunde: 7:54am On Aug 21, 2015
erico2k2:

I think we are missing the point here,the damp action is enhance fru what they call capillary actions
Def: It is defined as the movement of water within the spaces of a porous material due to the forces of adhesion, cohesion, and surface tension.
So as you can see,this has nothing to do with water logged area, in as much as there are plant growing in that land this will happen, its basic science.This is Y Engineers developed the sense of DPM, and the basic Idea round it was to create a layer to permanently separate or prevent rising water from getting to the slab and this separation was achieved cheapest by putting polyethene or plastic sheets between sand and concrete.

Good explanation.

I will also add that for the buildings where you don't see DPM, some use some other means to limit the dampness.

Especially where you know isn't close ton the water table, you can fill with sharp sand; you can also use water proving admixture in the concrete and line the areas where the walls will be.

The most popular, as I have seen anyways, is to use hardcore. Many people don't quite understand the use of this. They feel its only related to adding strength to the compacted soil underneath. Yes, but its most critical work is to detach the over site concrete from any capillary action going on underneath. If you have this, you shouldn't have damp floors/walls. But its more expensive.

In raft, even after putting the hardcore, it is required to put a DPM. This is quite important because by all means the r/f in the raft slab has to be protected. If the slab fails from r/f rusting,your raft has failed.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by brightdozie: 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
Engineer Can you email me your Contact Number or email me Please we have something very Important to Talk about my email us Bright.dozie@gmail.com... I will be waiting Thank you

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by KolaShangOne(m): 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
semitunde:

Good explanation.

I will also add that for the buildings where you don't see DPM, some use some other means to limit the dampness.

Especially where you know isn't close ton the water table, you can fill with sharp sand; you can also use water proving admixture in the concrete and line the areas where the walls will be.

The most popular, as I have seen anyways, is to use hardcore. Many people don't quite understand the use of this. They feel its only related to adding strength to the compacted soil underneath. Yes, but its most critical work is to detach the over site concrete from any capillary action going on underneath. If you have this, you shouldn't have damp floors/walls. But its more expensive.

In raft, even after putting the hardcore, it is required to put a DPM. This is quite important because by all means the r/f in the raft slab has to be protected. If the slab fails from r/f rusting,your raft has failed.

If I had 100 likes, I will give u everything for this post. One of the2 things I hate most is seeing dampness on walls.. Dampness from rising capillary water / plumbing makes me sick.
20-somethng years ago, I asked my father (an Engineer) why he dropped hardcore's into d septic tank. He told me it absorbs water and that stops the red clay soil from rising.

I don't think I've seen any NL builder put hardcore's in their foundation, talkless of nylon. I use either of the two options. I odnt blame anyone because client budget is always tight.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
KolaShangOne:

If I had 100 likes, I will give u everything for this post. One of the2 things I hate most is seeing dampness on walls.. Dampness from rising capillary water / plumbing makes me sick.
20-somethng years ago, I asked my father (an Engineer) why he dropped hardcore's into d septic tank. He told me it absorbs water and that stops the red clay soil from rising.

I don't think I've seen any NL builder put hardcore's in their foundation, talkless of nylon. I use either of the two options. I odnt blame anyone because client budget is always tight.

I can't remember the person but someone did use hardcore and I used nylon before but perhaps I wasn't a Nairalander then so you get a pass grin
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by erico2k2(m): 6:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I can't remember the person but someone did use hardcore and I used nylon before but perhaps I wasn't a Nairalander then so you get a pass grin
I have even used DPM on foundation blinding b4
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by KolaShangOne(m): 6:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Maybe its me you saw grin
And im sure you used it somewhere in 'Amrikan' (America)
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Maybe its me you saw grin
And im sure you used it somewhere in 'Amrikan' (America)

It was BitsWorks but you might have posted a pic too

https://www.nairaland.com/2380384/diy-project-management-supervision-commercial

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by KolaShangOne(m): 8:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
[quote author=EgunMogaji post=37197656]
It was BitsWorks but you might have posted a pic too
https://www.nairaland.com/2380384/diy-project-management-supervision-commercscreenshots I posted are from my site

That's nice..I retract that statement.. Apologies to all.

It's not might.. The two screenshots I posted are from my site. cheesy
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Is this a door? I noticed that you seem to have deleted it.

I'm loving the width of the hallway. What size is it? Mine are 4 feet and I hope they are wide enough for the effect I'm looking for.

Thanks for sharing.

That's not a door but and an aesthetic design on the wall

Lobby width 1.8m.
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2015
kcsystems:

That's not a door but and an aesthetic design on the wall

Lobby width 1.8m.

Nice, almost 6 feet. I love wide hallways. Dione Sanders home near me in North Dallas has 10 to 12 feet wide hallways allegedly.

Visit http://www.zillow.com/blog/deion-sanders-former-home-161946/ but don't blame me if you suddenly feel unaccomplished grin

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by FastShipping: 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Nice, almost 6 feet. I love wide hallways. Dione Sanders home near me in North Dallas has 10 to 12 feet wide hallways allegedly.

Visit http://www.zillow.com/blog/deion-sanders-former-home-161946/ but don't blame me if you suddenly feel unaccomplished grin

I thought he sold the house at a big loss.
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
14thh day at work
Work in progress

Wood formwork in progress

Reinforcement work in progress

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 21, 2015
FastShipping:

I thought he sold the house at a big loss.

I know it was on the market but not sure if he sold it or at a loss.

Now, rich folks define loss differently than common folks do.

After how many years of how much creative tax benefit that he has gotten can he now come forward and declare that he sold an investment for a loss?

Anyways I don't believe that he will ever truthfully sell that estate for a loss. We shouldn't really call it a house grin Any property where your car will reach top gear before you get to the house from the gate is no longer a house cheesy
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by FastShipping: 9:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I know it was on the market but not sure if he sold it or at a loss.

Now, rich folks define loss differently than common folks do.

After how many years of how much creative tax benefit that he has gotten can he now come forward and declare that he sold an investment for a loss?

Anyways I don't believe that he will ever truthfully sell that estate for a loss. We shouldn't really call it a house grin Any property where your car will reach top gear before you get to the house from the gate is no longer a house cheesy

He bought the house for around $1.7 million about 17 years ago and spent $6M on renovations. The house was listed for $6.5M or so in 2011. He said on ESPN one time that he needed to downgrade because he was spending three times more than his annual income. His advisers asked him to put the house for sale and the penthouse in Dallas downtown too.

Dion is going through a lot financially. He recently lost the Charter school he founded in Dallas due to bad grades and squandering of resources. He was personally using the millions government was giving him to run the school.
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
FastShipping:

He bought the house for around $1.7 million about 17 years ago and spent $6M on renovations. The house was listed for $2.5M or so in 2011. He said on ESPN one time that he needed to downgrade because he was spending three times more than his annual income. His advisers asked him to put the house for sale and the penthouse in Dallas downtown too.

Dion is going through a lot financially. He recently lost the Charter school he founded in Dallas due to bad grades and squandering of resources. He was personally using the millions government was giving him to run the school.

That could all be pre divorce strategies grin

But it has to be his companies expense and income that was doing that, I just can't see anyone living in a two bit town like Prosper and an ex football that was spending more than 3 times his income. But who knows.
Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by KolaShangOne(m): 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2015
Cost and/or material updates by stages please.. If you wish.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Four Bedroom Bungalow, Onicha-ugbo, Delta State by Nobody: 6:01am On Aug 23, 2015
KCSYSTEMS LTD
Architect and Builder

15th day at work
Work in progress

Block work to lintel completed

Lintel and column formwork in progress

Reinforcement work in progress

Lintel and column concrete cast in progress

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top 6 Reasons Why the Lagos Rent-to-Own Scheme is Great / How Much Is Doors In Nigeria? / Ebute-Metta Building Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.