Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency (19937 Views)

Nigeria Has Realised N2.7trn From TSA – Buhari / Why Buhari Postponed Lagos Visit – Presidency / Buhari's US Visit: His Son, Yusuf, And 32 Others Make His Entourage - ThisDay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by Eziachi: 10:56am On Aug 06, 2015
We will believe it when it translated into real jobs, manufacturing, not the usual vultures investments that takes out more than they brought in, without even a single structure to show for their presence.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by Callmemike(m): 11:04am On Aug 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

gringringringringringringringringrin @TheBold

When a course/cause is in full swing of action, you would agree with me that it doesn't matter what naysayers think or say.
The resultant effect (especially the positive kind) is what will either make them shout alleluia or go dumb.

Have you forgotten that you created a thread here detailing the grants cum investments.
I remember that there was a debate involving WNTT where the figures were torn apart and a conclusion was reached that these funds have been in existence before this administration came on board.

Also, I asked earlier why Mr Shehu Garba and Co, did not refute this news early enough.
Now it's a case of "my word against theirs"...
That it has been refuted by the presidency doesn't necessarily make it a truth, moreso because I saw a part which read that the governors sponsored themselves.....tbh, it's ludicrous!
It gives the impression that an excursion was undertaken.....
And when you tell people to sponsor themselves over a supposed official trip, you are indirectly telling them that they can do whatever they like, afterall, na their money them take go the America.

You catch my drift?
No wonder people like Okorocha had the effrontery to sleep!cheesy
It also begs the question as to whether or not Mr President understands the principle of teamwork among a people who are committed to the same goal/vision.

This is not me hating or being bitter about anyone or anything.
Just saying it as is.

Your comments are sublime. You have a nice choice of words too. For one, i am politically neutral, but it pains when people see things only within the realms of a party. I remember the litany of deals someone mentioned as proceeds of the U.S tour only to be thoroughly debunked by the opposition. Now the presidency is telling us that Governors paid their own expenses, and we all swallowed it. That trillions of deals were made, and we just embraced it. We did not ask for a breakdown, nothing. No evidence.

I'd go with Fayose on this: Talk less, and do more work.!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by agabusta: 11:10am On Aug 06, 2015
anigold:

bros did you come to this world to be praise-singers to other people's success? Abi

When are you going to compete for the E-SYCOPHANT COMPETITION...

Who be this one
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 06, 2015
Does that stops Boko Haram killing innocent people

Daura basterd
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by dayodare49o: 11:29am On Aug 06, 2015
londongal03:
By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor & Livinus Nwabughiogu

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/buhari-brought-n2-7trn-investments-from-us-visit-presidency/#sthash.ow26n8p3.dpuf
congratulations Nigerians. It is good as you don't accept pratices of gayism and is not bad if you can be helping those countries that pratice it with production of artificial virginas and penis.

Afterall, we will not tell anyone their main production and that will lead to more jobs and economy growth.
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 06, 2015
220 million Naira spent just to shake Obama. Buhari would have saved more money if he had the wisdom of going to Kenya to shake Obama. Afterall na only handshakes and billboards we see from the visit.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by MizMyColi(f): 11:41am On Aug 06, 2015
Callmemike:

Your comments are sublime. You have a nice choice of words too. For one, i am politically neutral, but it pains when people see things only within the realms of a party. I remember the litany of deals someone mentioned as proceeds of the U.S tour only to be thoroughly debunked by the opposition. Now the presidency is telling us that Governors paid their own expenses, and we all swallowed it. That trillions of deals were made, and we just embraced it. We did not ask for a breakdown, nothing. No evidence.

I'd go with Fayose on this: Talk less, and do more work.!!!

Thanks for the compliment sir.

I wish I could say the same about myself.
Lol
Mr Ebele Jonathan's speech on his ambition not worth the blood of any Nigerian got me hooked. He earned my respect for making that statement and all his sins, past and present were forgiven.

Well the stand you just posited above would ordinarily earn you the title of a tanoid.

It begs the question as to where we draw the line between common sense and partisanship.

I look forward to that time when I'd be slapped with news from all corners showing how our government is working.
Providing facts and figures where necessary.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by InglishTeechar(m): 12:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
PassingShot:
And again the president scores another vital goal in his administration of less than three months. In the process, he has increased the wailing of the wailers.

In just one trip to the USA, PMB has secured:
1. US starting the process of lifting arms embargo on Nigeria as reported earlier https://www.thecable.ng/us-ready-lift-arms-embargo-nigeria

2. Direct investment of $13.6bn (N2.7tn)

3. Improved relationship between US and Nigeria

While wailers will continue to peddle their lies such as the N2.2bn expenses, PMB/VPYO will continue to bring unsurpassed achievements to Nigeria.

Btw, was there any sane human being that believed the lie of N2.2bn as the cost of the trip? How can a normal person just swallow blatant lies such as that when it was widely reported that PMB and his team were accommodated by the US government? How could any sensible person accept a figure that didn't show any breakdown of its components?

Wailers have fish brains indeed.

You keep wasting your time displaying your stupidity in public...how on earth with all the 18 years you spent going to school still don't know the difference between 'will' and 'have' please tell me...how is the word 'will' an achievement? APC keep using the word 'will' I can not remember them using the word 'have' yet their dumb followers will keep shouting 'baba is working'...Hello, baba is NOT working until he start telling us what he has done and not what he will do or what he is going to do.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by gentlelily(f): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2015
It is always easier said than done,this administration is talking too much and doing less. Anyhow time holds all answer to every situations

1 Like

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by InglishTeechar(m): 12:09pm On Aug 06, 2015
deejayALFY:
" Obama welcomes Nigeria's
freshly elected president after the country's first ever democratic
transition.... ALL HAIL BABA PMB

PMB BEING HONOURED..

@WAILING WAILERS THIS IS A HEART BREAKING MESSAGE TO YOU GUYS...

“some of the more immediate benefits of the
President’s trip to the US include: the proposed $2.1 billion fund from
the World Bank for the re-development of the northeast battered by
Boko Haram; $5 billion from US investors in Nigeria’s agriculture
sector; $1.5 billion investment in the Nigerian’s health sector; and
another $5 billion investment from the US in our country’s power
sector.

GOD BLESS BABA PMB MY HERO

GOD BLESS THE UNITED STATES

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

click like if u are a progressive

You keep wasting your time displaying your stupidity in public...how on earth with all the 18 years you spent going to school still don't know the difference between 'will' and 'have' please tell me...how is the word 'will' an achievement? APC keep using the word 'will' I can not remember them using the word 'have' yet their dumb followers will keep shouting 'baba is working'...Hello, baba is NOT working until he start telling us what he has done and not what he will do or what he is going to do.
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by InglishTeechar(m): 12:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
heykims:
Another bad day for my fellow Nigerians on the opposite side of Change..

Make I no mention names sha..

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by PassingShot(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
[s]
InglishTeechar:

[/s]
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by dougivilla(m): 12:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
obailala:
The administration is 2 months old, this isn't the time to expect commissioning. The projects we look forward to aren't instant 2 minutes noodles. So yes, as humans, the only thing that keeps us going is 'hope,' the hope that these projects would come to pass in due course.... and may I add that I am more inclined to believe this government in 'some areas' than past governments.
If someone can come and tell us that a proposed investment of =N=2.7 trillion naira is already an achievement of the US trip, no pictures of signing of bilateral agreements of any kind, no sectoral break down of the investments and you believe and call this hope. Then you have much more than just hope and believe in this government.

Truth is these are all unapproved or proposed ''borrowings'' or debts that will be paid back. Why should any serious government call this an attraction of investments or an achievement of any kind? And why did this proactive government not spew out these thrash until one month after the trip, after people started talking and complaining?

These are reactionary statements hurriedly put together to hoodwink the gullibles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by Whynotthetruth(m): 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2015
PassingShot:
And again the president scores another vital goal in his administration of less than three months. In the process, he has increased the wailing of the wailers.

In just one trip to the USA, PMB has secured:
1. US starting the process of lifting arms embargo on Nigeria as reported earlier https://www.thecable.ng/us-ready-lift-arms-embargo-nigeria

2. Direct investment of $13.6bn (N2.7tn)

3. Improved relationship between US and Nigeria

While wailers will continue to peddle their lies such as the N2.2bn expenses, PMB/VPYO will continue to bring unsurpassed achievements to Nigeria.

Btw, was there any sane human being that believed the lie of N2.2bn as the cost of the trip? How can a normal person just swallow blatant lies such as that when it was widely reported that PMB and his team were accommodated by the US government? How could any sensible person accept a figure that didn't show any breakdown of its components?

Wailers have fish brains indeed.

gringringrin Whatever gives a bit of hope to your delusion pushes you to go all out insulting people... but I won't spoil your joy...just to juggle your brain wink

1)[b]Our renewed friendship with US comes with an opportunity cost of relationship with others like Russia, China etc who have proven themselves friend indeed...Can you drop a country that grew thanks to America... maybe you start with Haiti gringrin

A breakdown of your $13 plus billion phantom investment...

2)$5billion investment in power- which company or agency is bringing this fund?...to which of the sectors in power?...where's the MOU?...who signed them?...Or is it
Rochas kinda of investment done only in newspapers?

3)$5billion in agriculture- apply same questions above here

4)$1.5billion Bill Gates poliomyelitis fund has been there since...so why is it a buhari achievement?...smh... Or did anything change here?...facts will be accepted plzzz

4)$2.1billion loan from world bank- was ANNOUNCED there but was accessed BEFORE the visit...otherwise show me anywhere a loan facility has ever been packaged within "4days"...disbursement is another kettle of fish altogether...Notwithstanding we have these borrowing lines established under Jonathan/NOI before now[/b]

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news headlines/187051-boko-haram-nigeria-
borrows-2-1-bn-from-world-bank-to-rebuild-north-east.html

http://www.nigerianorth.com/dangote-and-bill-gates-support-fight-against-polio/

http://www.nigerianorth.com/dangote-and-bill-gates-support-fight-against-polio/

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/polio-gates-bags-nigerian-honour-as-jonathan-
warns-against-setback/164070/
Cc., fulanimafia, obailala: heykims: deejayALFY :

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by 7lives: 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
Nairalandi:
I still regard this news as fantacy!

Fantasy?, walmart is already discussing with Ambode, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa, the potentials has always been there we only need good leaders.
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by Jesusloveyou: 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
InglishTeechar:

u as an inglish teacher, don't know a different btw a fail trip and successful trip, u saTANist were shouting that d US trip was a failure, now u have seen what d trip 'will' bring for us, i hope u can spot d difference btw 'will' and 'have'
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by Cjrane2: 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So where is the money or investment?
I no fit talk. grin
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by Jesusloveyou: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
dougivilla:
If someone can come and tell us that a proposed investment of =N=2.7 trillion naira is already an achievement of the US trip, no pictures of signing of bilateral agreements of any kind, no sectoral break down of the investments and you believe and call this hope. Then you have much more than just hope and believe in this government.

Truth is these are all unapproved or proposed ''borrowings'' or debts that will be paid back. Why should any serious government call this an attraction of investments or an achievement of any kind? And why did this proactive government not spew out these thrash until one month after the trip, after people started talking and complaining?

These are reactionary statements hurriedly put together to hoodwink the gullibles.
dis is d best time to tell us about d successful trip, or u want him to be shouting after u saTANist, when u say A, fg will say B, and another man will say c
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by dougivilla(m): 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
7lives:

Fantasy?, walmart is already discussing with Ambode, Nigeria is the largest market in Africa, the potentials has always been there we only need good leaders.
''Discussing'' should be a Present continuous 'future' tense. I don tire for una walahi. Lets celebrate the birth of the Child, not the pregnancy of the mother.

How many times will they tell you guys this? Eh? How many??
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by Callmemike(m): 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol
Mr Ebele Jonathan's speech on his ambition not worth the blood of any Nigerian got me hooked. He earned my respect for making that statement and all his sins, past and present were forgiven.

Well the stand you just posited above would ordinarily earn you the title of a tanoid.

It begs the question as to where we draw the line between common sense and partisanship.

I look forward to that time when I'd be slapped with news from all corners showing how our government is working.
MizMyColi:

Lol

MizMyColi:

Lol

Lol! I know i may be branded a tanoid. I wish this government well. I wish our youths objectivity. And true, GEJ's words were winsome!!! And he touched hearts.

Gracias!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by dougivilla(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
u as an inglish teacher, don't know a different btw a fail trip and successful trip, u saTANist were shouting that d US trip was a failure, now u have seen what d trip 'will' bring for us, i hope u can spot d difference btw 'will' and 'have'
The heading say ''Has brought'' you are saying ''will bring''. Who is fooling who?

This una market no sell abeg!
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by Jesusloveyou: 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cjrane2:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

So where is the money or investment?
I no fit talk. grin
have u develop d machine that will enable a woman to 'take in' today and deliver tomorrow? Or in 2months time,
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by dougivilla(m): 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
dis is d best time to tell us about d successful trip, or u want him to be shouting after u saTANist, when u say A, fg will say B, and another man will say c
So a proposed investment is now an achievement? Kai, this APC juju must be factory made!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by sirfemoz(m): 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
heykims:

Tanoids, una hear? the 2.2billion naira u quoted might have been concocted by some brain jaundiced wailers..

A round of 'likes' please for PMB

Mr Change, please can you kindly inform the house how much was spent on the trip?

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by Myself2(m): 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
The govt of Bokohhari seems to thrive on propaganda, falsehood and lies.Can any of the nairaland BROOMoids who are celebrating this hogwash and having premature ejjaculation provide us with concrete proof of this so called investment??

Mtchewww
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by kessler53(m): 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
HungerBAD:
Good news right there.

His trip to the United States, i know was to bring in investments into the Country. But, most importantly to assure foreign investors that the economic climate of the country, is free from corruption and conducive for free trade.

Even the largest Consumer store in the World, Walmart is talking about opening a BRANCH in Nigeria.

Nigeria just experienced a political tsunami, that brought in President Buhari. We are about to experience, an economic boom so rich, that it will make the Gowon Era boom look like a child's play.

Nice one there Mr. President for convincing the world powers, that the days of economic bondage in Nigeria is over. You have our prayers.
An gaya wa kare ana biki a gidansu,ya ce in gani a kasa.
Re: Buhari Brought N2.7trn Investments From US Visit - Presidency by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:07am On Aug 07, 2015
Opiosko:

To his cattle farm. Hope his 150 cows can increase now.. Mitceeeeew

Another pained TANoid!
What a life; condemned to wail in pain.
Mumu, why not take some Panadol; it might solve your problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Presents 2017 Budget To The National Assembly / DSS Arrest Man Who Was Caught Trying To Buy Votes During Anambra Election. Photo / Gudumbali Attack: 12 Soldiers Killed, Dozens Missing In Battle With Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.