Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Super Eagles Unsure Of Ibe's Allegiance - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Unsure Of Ibe's Allegiance (794 Views)

2018 World Cup: Jordon Ibe Claims Coach Rohr Wants Him To Play / Jose Mourinho Unsure Of Pogba Fitness Ahead Of Sevilla Clash / Jordon Ibe Looks Set To Pledge His Allegiance To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Unsure Of Ibe's Allegiance by DeNoble1(m): 7:07am On Aug 06, 2015
Nigeria have made an attempt to convince Jordon Ibe to pledge his international future to them. The Liverpool winger is well-regarded by the Football Association. He has played at all levels up to Under 20 and it is highly likely that he will figure in Gareth Southgate’s Under 21 squad at
some point during the next European
Championship qualification campaign.
But he is also eligible to play for the Super Eagles through his father and Nigeria coach Sunday Oliseh visited Melwood, Liverpool’s training ground, in an attempt to woo Ibe.

Nigeria are keen on convincing Jordon Ibe to represent the Super Eagles instead of England

Sunday Oliseh has visited Liverpool's
Melwood training ground in an attempt to convince Ibe

Liverpool winger Ibe has represented
England at Under 18, Under 19 and Under 20 level
It is the second time this year that Nigeria have stated their ambitions, with Viktor Ikpeba – a member of the Nigerian FA’s technical committee
– saying in February that they were looking at the 19-year-old.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3186435/Nigeria-bid-lure-Liverpool-starlet-Jordon-Ibe-Reds-winger-make-decision-international-allegiance.html

Re: Super Eagles Unsure Of Ibe's Allegiance by Icon4s(m): 7:08am On Aug 06, 2015
NFF should try all they can to get this guy.
When I saw David Alaba dazzling against Real madrid last night i was jst remembering how he was turned down by coach Yemi Tella bc of d policy of using only local players (so called home grown talents) for U17.

We dnt want to b telling another story that touch. This guy is 19 jst like Iheanacho bt his game seems to b more matured than Kelechi's though dey play different positions.
Re: Super Eagles Unsure Of Ibe's Allegiance by Glowstone(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2015
He will sure plays for us, olisheh met with him at melwood and I also spoke lengthy with him. So am sure cos he wouldn't disappoint me ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Re: Super Eagles Unsure Of Ibe's Allegiance by seankay(m): 4:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
Icon4s:
NFF should try all they can to get this guy.
When I saw David Alaba dazzling against Real madrid last night i was jst remembering how he was turned down by coach Yemi Tella bc of d policy of using only local players (so called home grown talents) for U17.

We dnt want to b telling another story that touch. This guy is 19 jst like Iheanacho bt his game seems to b more matured than Kelechi's though dey play different positions.
It was John Obuh and not Yemi Tella
Re: Super Eagles Unsure Of Ibe's Allegiance by Icon4s(m): 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
seankay:

It was John Obuh and not Yemi Tella

No, It was d 2007 crop of Eaglets. Yemi Tella was in charge.

(1) (Reply)

Man City Axe Iheanacho From Champions League Squad / Manchester United Vs Liverpool Preview, Live Score 5:30pm / 17:30 Nigerian Time / Raheem Sterling Calls Iheanacho Uncle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.