Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,907 members, 7,821,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Soon, NYSC Programme Will Not Be Compulsory For Graduates, Says Director General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soon, NYSC Programme Will Not Be Compulsory For Graduates, Says Director General (1044 Views)

Onyeka Onwenu: "They Worked Against Me As Director-General Because I'm An Igbo" / Buhari Appoints Azumi As NOTAP Director General / Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soon, NYSC Programme Will Not Be Compulsory For Graduates, Says Director General by HungerBAD: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2015
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has promised that his administration would take all necessary actions to maintain and improve the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) programme as a functional vehicle for the promotion of national unity and integration.

This is just as the Director General of the scheme, Brigadier General Johnson Olawumi, said there were plans to make the scheme voluntary and reduce the corps population to make the programme more sustainable.

Buhari gave the assurance after receiving a briefing from officials of the Federal Ministry of Youth Development led by the Permanent Secretary, Mrs. Rabi Jimeta.

According to a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, made available to State House correspondents after the briefing, the president affirmed his confidence and trust in the programme, saying that the objective for which the scheme was established in 1973 was still relevant for national development.

Buhari said: "I firmly believe in NYSC and I think it should remain a national programme to promote integration. Whenever I go home to Daura, I look out for corps members from Lagos, Aba and other parts of the country.

"I am always thrilled to learn that except for the NYSC, some of them have never left their states of origin to visit other cities in the country."

The Director-General of NYSC, Brigadier-General Johnson Olawumi, told the president that there were plans to make the scheme voluntary and reduce the corps population to make the programme more sustainable.

http://tribuneonlineng.com/soon-nysc-programme-will-not-be-compulsory-graduates-says-director-general

2 Likes

Re: Soon, NYSC Programme Will Not Be Compulsory For Graduates, Says Director General by MRpii(m): 7:49am On Aug 06, 2015
FTC. The poster below me have more to say!
Re: Soon, NYSC Programme Will Not Be Compulsory For Graduates, Says Director General by ANBAKO: 7:53am On Aug 06, 2015
This is due since 1990.

Do good for good to come your way
Re: Soon, NYSC Programme Will Not Be Compulsory For Graduates, Says Director General by marv1: 8:17am On Aug 06, 2015
E

(1) (Reply)

Just For Record. / ABA The Dirtiest City In West Africa / Jonathan’s Defeat: South-east Leaders Shun Ohanaeze Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.