Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,459 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

RCCG Convention: Adeboye Urges Christians To Remain Pure As Light - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG Convention: Adeboye Urges Christians To Remain Pure As Light (660 Views)

Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) / Adeboye Urges FG To Emulate Obiano’s Diversification Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

RCCG Convention: Adeboye Urges Christians To Remain Pure As Light by spencerwilliams(m): 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2015
AT a very colorful welcome ceremony last night, the General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, who had resolved to limit his messages during the ongoing 63rd annual convention to a maximum of 25 minutes, urged Christians to strive to remain pure as the light.
Speaking at the first plenary of the convention, Pastor Adeboye said this year’s convention will be different in all ramifications; in signs and wonders, miracles and breakthrough.
Drawing inspiration from Bible book of James 1:17, on a topic titled: “Pure as light,” the general overseer took time to introduce the theme of the convention,All Sufficient God, emphasising the need for people to acknowledge that God is the father of light.
Pastor Enoch Adeboye
According to the man of God, anyone who embrace Him as his/her father and “He is the father of light, it shows that you are light. You must be light if you are a child of God because God is the father of light.
“There are two forces controlling the world and affairs of men: they are forces of darkness and forces of light. Forces of darkness have various names including demons, devils, witches, wizards, herbalists, liars, fraudsters. All those evil names are appellations of forces of darkness,” he stated.
He said the characteristics of darkness include shame—anything that can produce shame, you want to do it in darkness. The bible said human beings love darkness than light because their works are evil, pointing out that the characteristics of darkness include sorrow, defeat, failure, losses, death, destruction amongst others.
“On the other hand, characteristics of light include; glory, joy! You remember how people used to shout when the electricity authority used to be called NEPA, when they take off light, darkness comes and people will shout their disappointment and when the light comes on the people shout for joy.
“Victory comes when there is light, the Bible says they overcame the devil by the word of their testimony. Sucess is one of the characteristics of light, progress, abundant life, breakthrough and so on,” he added, asking the large crowd of worshippers if they prefer light or darkness.
And the crowd responded with a loud shout of “Light!”
The former mathematician explained the meaning of “As Pure As Light”, saying he wrote a book about 30 years ago on this same topic where he explained that every child of God must be pure as light, stressing that whatever is worth doing at all is worth doing well.
“If you want to be a Christian, you must be a Christian thoroughly. You must be a Christian in the same way that Jesus Christ said, ‘the prince of this world came to me and found nothing in me.’ Tonight after the service, you will pray until you are satisfied, at least, for almost one hour.
“God is expecting you to take a decision tonight especially all of you that are Christians that from now, no matter how others lived their Christian lives, I want to be pure as light; no more lying of any type—no black, white or red lies. No matter the situation at all be pure as light. No more stealing of any type, no more doing things in a wrong manner simply because others are doing so because our God says you must not follow multitude to do evil,” he counseled.
The holiness preacher proceeded to give three reasons why Christians must live as pure as light. 1. An opportunity to see God on the last day, (Matthew 5:cool“Pure not just outside, not just pretending but from the heart because the bible said out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. If the heart is pure, one’s speech and life will be pure. I will not lie, cheat, if I am committed to purity as pure as light, if I tell a lie no matter how small, the spirit of the Almighty God will not allow me to rest,” he stated.
He, therefore, counselled Christians to resolve to be in line with almighty God and make a commitment not to take anything that does not belong to him/her, noting, “there is no need calling yourself a Christain when you are not a son or daughter of the Almighty God.
“Some years ago, when I was a lecturer at the University of Lagos, I wrote a letter and I used the school official envelop for the letter but the spirit of God told me that the envelop did not belong to me and I replied how much is an envelop and God spoke to me and said ‘son, if it was so cheap why can’t you buy your own?’
“No impurity, no lie, no picking what is not mine because I want to see God on the last day,” he stated. see full message.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/rccg-convention-adeboye-urges-christians-to-remain-pure-as-light/
Re: RCCG Convention: Adeboye Urges Christians To Remain Pure As Light by agitator: 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
ok grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

TABOO: Pope Francies Blesses Lesbian Author Who Writes On Same-sex Families / Islam Is Powerless.. Jesus Is D Way(2) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 10/12/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.