Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

General Adebayo To Governor Fayose,don't Try To Satisfy Every Body - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Adebayo To Governor Fayose,don't Try To Satisfy Every Body (589 Views)

FFK, Fayose Don't Want Buhari Alive - Lauretta Onochie / Did Anyone Still Remember When Governor Fayose Invaded General Adebayo's House / Aregbesola Hands Over Corpse Of Adeyinka Adebayo To Fayose (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

General Adebayo To Governor Fayose,don't Try To Satisfy Every Body by omoifaki(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
Don't try to satisfy everybody, General Adebayo tells Fayose

Former Military Governor of the defunct Western Region, General Adeyinka Adebayo (rtd), has urged Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayo Fayose, not be distracted by non-constructive criticisms, saying no matter how hard he tries, some people will still not be satisfied.

The retired general said this while the governor paid him a visit at his country home in Iyin-Ekiti.

General Adebayo, who expressed satisfaction with the performance of the governor, said in a complex society like Ekiti State, there was no way the governor could satisfy everybody.

In a press statement issued by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Idowu Adelusi on Wednesday in Ado Ekiti, General Adebayo said, "I am proud of you Mr Governor, you have achieved some much within a short spate of time despite the lean resources available to the state. It is a great honour for me to receive you. I'm very proud of you and very proud of your achievements so far.

"As a former governor, I recognise the enormity of governance, but don't give in to distraction and non-constructive criticisms. No matter how you try, you can't satisfy everyone but you are doing your best. Government cannot do everything for everybody.

"People will criticise you but don't be discouraged. You are doing extremely well to the satisfaction of the majority of the people of the state in spite of the meagre resources accruing to the state. I have been following the trend of things in the Yoruba land particularly Ekiti State and I am proud of you," he said.

The elder statesman promised his readiness to contribute his quota to the development of the state, saying: "We may not have enough money but we have contacts here and there through which we can make things happen."

He counselled the governor to reach out to those who might be criticising him to show them his activities and possibly request their contributions.

Earlier, the governor stated that he was in the general's house to pay homage to him upon hearing of his arrival in his country home.

He described General Adebayo as a father to all governors, particularly in the Southwest, noting that his relationship with them had shown him as a true father figure.

He promised to emulate him and build on some of the legacies left behind while he served as a military governor.

The governor said with the arrest of suspected kidnappers in the state, peace had started reigning in the state.

Fayose added that he decided to give priority to the payment of workers' salaries because of his concern for the welfare of the people.

(1) (Reply)

Power Supply In Nigeria Influenced By International Football/ Premier Leagues. / Confusing Traffic Light At 1004 B/stop, V/I / Don’t Extort Recruits, Buhari Warns Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.