Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV (1256 Views)

Ministerial List: See List Of Speculated Nominees / Buhari Ministerial List Lobbyists Withdraw CV; Begs Godfathers To Halt Lobby; / Corruption Test: Fear Grips Ministerial Hopefuls- Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV by TROL(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
Unimpressed by the strict vetting rules of President Muhammadu Buhari, many ministerial hopefuls have started pulling out of the race, Ripples can authoritatively reveal.
It was learnt that many angling for ministerial appointments have started developing cold feet and withdrawing from the selection process.
Checks revealed that many chieftains of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) have stepped down their lobbying machinery, fearful that Buhari might find incriminating evidence against them.
Presidential sources told our correspondent that the President is bent on appointing only people with impeccable records and backgrounds.
One of them said: “I can assure that the President will not back down on this requirement. Anyone that will be minister must be above board.”
It was gathered that the President is looking beyond competence and pedigree to zero in on incorruptibility.
“His zero tolerance for corruption means that he is not going for anything else. No matter how competent you are, if you are corrupt or have been compromised, you won’t get the job,” the source added.
Investigations revealed that Buhari has saddled security agencies with the responsibility of vetting the assets and worth of everyone suggested to him to become a minister.
Read also: Buhari ministers to sign pact against corruption
“We have a load of files on every nominee or suggested person. Anyone with questionable wealth and asset will not make it,” the source stressed.
It was learnt that the agencies have been secretly collating information on the assets of most ministerial hopefuls, a development that has disqualified most of them.
Owing to this strict adherence to vetting, many ministerial hopefuls, it was gathered, have started panicking and asking their contacts in the presidency to withdraw their CVs.
“Many of them don’t want their dirty linens out in the public. They would rather enjoy their loot than risk being vetted and disgraced,” another source confided.
The President, another source said, has hinted that all ministerial hopefuls with questionable wealth must be quizzed and the loots recovered from them.
The development, it was learnt, has sent cold shivers to their spines, forcing them to hand off further pressure on the President for appointment.
They were said to have been further angered by the disclosure that Buhari will not concede the right to award contracts to cabinet members.
One of the hopefuls confided in our correspondent: “If you cannot award contract, why are you a minister then? The man has taken away powers from ministers. So, who will want to be one again?”
A former Head of Service very close to former President Olusegun Obasanjo was said to have been a major casualty of the strict vetting process.
The former HOS was said to have told Obasanjo to help push his appointment as Chief of Staff to President Buhari.
Read also: Buhari to cut down ministries
But when his records were checked, it was discovered he acquired assets worth billions of naira without legitimate means.
He was said to have begged the former President to stop the lobbying process to save himself the ignominy of being found out.
Our correspondent was informed that of all the hopefuls vetted, less than five percent of them, mostly in the Diaspora, came out unscathed. This, it was further learnt, might force the President to look more to Nigerians in the Diaspora to constitute his new cabinet.
It was also gathered that the rigorous vetting process is why the President cannot form his cabinet until at least another six weeks.

Source http://www.ripples.com.ng/ministerial-hopefuls-withdraw-cvs/
Re: Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV by TROL(m): 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2015
Ghen Ghen. This man ain't joking with his stance. I can only pray no region of this country refuse to see his efforts and that we can consolidate his achievements when he leaves office
Re: Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV by ionsman: 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
The only Ripples I know/knew is/was a Nigerian series. ... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV by ki02020(m): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
In other words If the kitchen is too hot for you.....then get out grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV by kamair237(m): 7:58pm On Aug 06, 2015
My dad's own is still dere......

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV by kannymoore(m): 7:59pm On Aug 06, 2015
Thank you Lord for allowing Nigeria have Buhari as the present President.

For once, i'm gaddem proud of being a Nigerian!

It shall definitely be well with this country.. I can taste it in the air.

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV by fulanimafia: 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
kannymoore:

Thank you Lord for allowing Nigeria have Buhari as the present President.

For once, i'm gaddem proud of being a Nigerian!

It shall definitely be well with this country.. I can taste it in the air.

Re: Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV by Happiness87(f): 8:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
waiting for liar Mohammed to come out and say that the reason, PMB has not named ministers is because Gej didn't submit handover notes on time.

APC members are thieves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV by omogin(f): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
Let's hope APC allows buhari bring Nigeria out of coma. This APC scrambling for 'juicy' committees at the national assembly and taking more loans with nothing to show.
Re: Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV by omogin(f): 8:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
kamair237:
My dad's own is still dere....
He says he will fight to do end....

Lol... I wish him well
Re: Ministerial Hopefuls Withdraw CV by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
op ah beg where they dey submit CV. I need the job bad.

(1) (Reply)

Dissolution: NDDC Board Drags Buhari To Court / Ekiti State Governor again / Photo: Buhari With Bill Gate In A Discussion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.