Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,197 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

The Culture Of God Or The Culture Of Man - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Culture Of God Or The Culture Of Man (326 Views)

No Other God Or Allah But Your Conscience / Did Moses See God Or Was Timothy Wrong About No One Being Able To see God? / Nigerian Churches And The Culture Of Extreme Exploitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Culture Of God Or The Culture Of Man by saintopus(m): 10:38am On Aug 07, 2015
I was in keke going to my office this morning when I saw a cultural procession of the Abuloma people in PH the Rivers State capital. The keke driver said that ''I love this people, they will have a cultural procession and still go to church on Sundays''. A man sitting next to me now ask the driver what the culture of God is. The keke driver said he had no clue to his question. I kept quiet for a while wondering the state of mind of a typical African when it comes to religion. So I now told the man beside me who asked the question that the culture of God is truly the culture of man.The man. The man flared up and said that the culture of man cannot be the culture of God. I asked the man about other religion with their various beliefs the man became more angry. I stopped at my office and wished him well. But the man instead wished that I have a bad day. The man obviously is a Christian and I wonder where African may have gone wrong. The more religious we are the more we are truly away from the God that we think we are pleasing. I come to the conclusion that we as a people still have a long way to go in terms of knowing their true nature. Maybe most of our problems as a nation stem from our inability to truly take a closer look again into our African traditional religious beliefs.

(1) (Reply)

20 Years Of Liberty / Helping Atheists Understand Creation / JESUS: Truth Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.